the Rift

[OPEN] Cry princess, cry

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

The air was bitter as it entered my lungs, almost seeming to create frozen flakes in the back of my mouth and down my throat. My head, crowned with the manic color that also splashed my mug and stained my eyes, lifted into the air, searching for any new scents or sounds. Both nostrils flared as I drew in each breath, a soft cloud expelling form my body with each exhale. The air far above, barely visible under the dense layer of evergreen tree branches above head, was full of dark clouds that slithered through the sky. They drizzled a soft powder onto the canopies of the trees, only for the frozen rain flakes to escape the tree tops and float down to the cold earth below.

My young brain really only knew living in the cold, besides the travel to the heart of our land where I had met that ridiculously giddy mare, Africa. She was far too vulnerable and high spirited to be "adventuring" by herself, as she had called it. Red tinged ears rotated around, taking in creaking branches and moaning winds from a fair distance. Just as I lowered my face back to shoulder level, the unexpected scent of dry, desert air flooded my nostrils. I had smelled that before, but where?

Bloody red eyes peered around, though I kept my head low. There was no reason to be irritated, but I suddenly became irrational. Africa one of the calm voices told me. At first I had no idea what they were talking about, but I quickly connected what they were telling me. The scent. That's what Africa had smelled like; dry, parched.. much like this one. I raised my agile skull again, instincts pushing my long dark legs toward the source of the familiar smell. I was never taught to stay away from strangers. Mother had never had the change, though I'm sure she would have.

Black hooves scraped lazily against the now white ground, kicking up tiny clouds of the light powder. Each miniscule flake that landed on my black hide stuck to my thick fur. I was conditioned to this weather, as every unicorn that thrived in the Basin was... or, should be I guess. My red eyes continued to flick back and forth, watching each and every direction. Be careful child, don't be an idiot Being so concentrated on the thought of finding this fellow traveler, the voices made me jolt. It was a combination of a few of them, though they all had a gentle tone. This was always something I had to take into consideration. They always watched over me and made me feel comfortable, though they could drive me to the brink of suicide just as easily.

The form of a two toned unicorn suddenly made itself present, and she was a lot closer than I had expected. Her white body blended in with the now matching forest easily.. so easily in fact that if it weren't for the blue sheen that cascaded over her front quarters, I probably would have missed her completely. A blue, crystalline horn emerged from her face, creating a little less stress in my already pumped up body. It seemed that there was a constant flow of adrenaline through my veins, making me excited about every little thing.

A dark streak flowed down the mare's light cheek, staining it with a gray tint. She stood with her head low, seeming to be in search of grass. I stood about thirty feet away, my silvery-gray and red coat obviously standing out. I felt like a dark shadow across the canvas of untouched mountain snow. The long, tangled mess of black hair that connected to my back side swished back and forth for no apparent reason, just me wanting to be moving at every moment.

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Cry princess, cry - by Sinuhe - 05-09-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Cry princess, cry - by Voodoo - 05-14-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: Cry princess, cry - by Sinuhe - 05-15-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: Cry princess, cry - by Voodoo - 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM
RE: Cry princess, cry - by Aiko Darleane - 05-16-2013, 03:35 AM