the Rift

[OPEN] Mad As A Hatter In Her Own Right [Ahi, Sergeant/s, Open]

Ahi Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A h i

There I was... standing in a great green clearing. A stream was running its marathon, traversing down to a pool of water who's location remained a mystery. I flexed my wings and brushed by all the white flowers that some saw as 'weeds'. I found them pretty. So did my sweetheart who had gone missing...

I sighed and began moving again, silently and stealthily. I passed through a thicket, my tough and battered frame tearing through the brush with ease. Then I passed through a weak treeline that provided home to a great amount of trees. Another clearing was upon me, in the front. My ears perked up and my expression changed drastically. I smiled and stepped foot but realized that there was another being there. He had brought her some flowers and it was apparent she knew him.

I stepped forward and out of the clearing with a deep rumbling in my chest that sounded more of thunder. Anger was boiling in my blood. My eyes were fixed on this other male. I wanted to hurt him to the point of no return. I wanted to cripple him and bend this bastard's back to the point it snapped and he was dead. I wanted to see him cowering at my feet, only for my large hooves to stomp him. My ears were pinned and my mouth frowned almost with a terrible bare of my teeth.

The image disappeared. It was black again and I realized where I was. In a cavern... Little lighting except for a crack right in front of me... I charge the crack and begin digging. I realize my wings have been terribly hurt as when I move them the limited air provides no resistance. I continue to dig, standing up on my hind legs. I pry at the wall with my hooves and tear at the dirt that holds me. Finally, one more stroke and it bursts open, dirt crumbling on me.

I emerge and realize my wings have been clipped. I look up and see my beloved, my anger turning my blood red hot. The animus I had toward this being, was overwhelming. I charge but hear my name. Ahi, Ahi- how blue ish the sky? What? The voice is familiar but I cannot recognize it! I stop charging, just in time to see my old dearest blown away by a great white light-
---

I wake up and my neck comes up as well, in an extremely rapid motion. I'm breathing hard and my sapphire eyes run to every object they meet as soon as they flash open. I realize my ears are pinned and they come up instantly. I raise my wing and look at it. I needed reassurance that they weren't in a... bad state. I slow the breathing and realize it was Africa. I blink twice, then roll my body over into an upward, awkward sitting position and look at her with a smile.

How long had it been now? A week? Are you awake yet? I smile at her with my ears perked up. She had flowers in her mouth and I chuckled softly. That would explain why the voice was muffled. "To answer your questions, I suppose the sky ish as blue as a flower?" It was corny... I knew it. My social skills weren't exactly the best. Especially when talking to my newly adopted 'sister'. I was getting used to it.

"And yes, I'm definitely awake. You had me up at 'time to fly'." I chuckle again, then bring my whole body up with a large heave. A shiver runs through my body and I shake my neck and head which sends my mane everywhere. With a swish of my tail, the two feathers follow suit and land neatly along with the rest of my tail.

I watch her drop the flowers in the basic make-shift 'house' then speak "So does this mean test run, dear sister?"

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mad As A Hatter In Her Own Right [Ahi, Andromeda, Open] - by Ahi - 05-09-2013, 08:52 PM