Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

She knew instantly that his sleep had been tarnished by nightmares- his breathing was laboured when it should have been slow, calm and rested, and sweat darkened the shadowed curve of his flank; his wing was lifted as he seemed to scrutinize it anxiously. Her gentle, pale eyes filled with concern as she moved quickly to nuzzle comfortingly about his black-tipped ears. During many of the nights she had slumbered at the door of his home, Africa had been startled to life by the gelding’s terrorized sleep-moaning. Always she had staggered to his twitching side; and when she had not been able to nurse him in sleep, the devoted young grey had waited by him until his nerves had settled enough for him to rest again in some reduced manner of peace.

Ahi heaved himself forward to watch her distribute the thoughtful floral gifts, and flattered by his appreciation, Africa smiled observably as she pottered. He chuckled and although the sound of his recovering breath was hushed, it was amplified a little in the relatively spacious den. "To answer your questions, I suppose the sky ish as blue as a flower?" She laughed aloud, her face flushing hot with mild embarrassment. The kindly mare didn’t mind overly though, and light-heartedly shrugged the awkwardness of his answer away. Unpretentious anyway, she too was growing somewhat accustomed to his lack of social fitness.

"And yes, I'm definitely awake. You had me up at 'time to fly'." The gelding heaved forward then, to stand across his spread legs and Africa turned with vigilant attendance to assure his stability, posture, comfort- anything and everything. Although tall, the cavern was somewhat narrow. It easily accommodated their two bodies though, and a little personal space for each. Africa where she stood against the back wall was able to reach out and remove an old shriveled flower from his tossing mane. Dropping it casually, she returned to the few remaining in the fresh bunch at her feet, and busily finished their arrangement around the floor (and one through a tiny, light flooded fissure in the rock). All the while her mood was cheerful.

"So does this mean test run, dear sister?" As Ahi spoke again; standing there because her fussing really allowed him no other option, Africa made for the entrance and slipped out with the intention that he would follow. “Yes, I think so!” She affirmed encouragingly, noting that there had been lots of suns since Cirrus had left them- surely that many would be sufficient. Out in the open again, she stretched her hind legs out behind her, and her great feathered wingspan upwards; sympathetic perhaps to him being cramped for so long. “I thought we might find Midas, or someone from the army for you to talk to.” She was all too aware of his longing to serve, and added as such with a pleased grin- “I know how you have been looking forward to it...

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mad As A Hatter In Her Own Right [Ahi, Andromeda, Open] - by Africa - 05-09-2013, 09:53 PM