Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
[Image: 515b833f251f3]

Look down
The ground below is crumbling
Look up
The stars are all exploding

The enthusiasm simmering impatiently behind Ahi’s light-flooded eyes was more than contagious; Africa’s taught dappled coat flinched in anticipation, longing always for the comforting embrace of her beloved sky. She turned; lean muscular canvas stretched and ready for flight, delighting in her friend’s contentment to be out of hospitalisation. As the gelding reached his unfurling mass of feathers upward, the young mare allowed her own wings to hang lazily open to catch the light morning breeze.

"Why, I do not believe my wings have sought the air so much in my life. It is with this, that I do believe we should take advantage of this before all joking is to be put aside as a soldier?" A sweet, jovial laugh followed and her gentle eyes caressed his affectionately in the moments after he had spoken. “I think so too...” She smiled affectionately as the gentle brush of his hoof met her thin, black shin... "I have no reason to doubt that you are now it, sistren." He teased in his awkward, authentic way, before bounding playfully away from her and spreading his enormous wingspan to lift into the air. Then turning a tight circle across clenched hocks and sidestepping with casual elegance, Africa followed suit, allowing herself the same space to mount the breeze.

Utilising the small updraft as her crutch, Africa circled between powerful wing-beats, manoeuvring herself to pursue Ahi’s direction. Her frame, though taller than his, was not so stocky and inflexible- her movements were fluid and lithe; her proportionate wingspan extending only half the length of his. The young creature was primed for flight, her bone structure somewhat thinner than the more primitive, earthbound species of horse.
Flapping industriously, she gathered momentum and neared his left hip- a mischievous grin curled across her clasped lips, and her eyes sparkled golden and tranquil as they caught the warm glow of the sun.
She dipped to the right suddenly, falling into the slip-stream behind the gelding and laughed aloud “How does it feel, Ahi!” She referred of course, to the grandeur of his liberty. Quickly, she snapped her teeth around a few of the trailing black tail hairs flicking about her face, pulling lightly so as not to rip them from him entirely. “Caught you...” She teased playfully and moved again, left from his rear, so that while still flanking him, neither of their wing thrusts would be hindered. Dutifully, and true to her word, Africa lowered her gaze to scan the burnt-red landscape below for any sign of the ranked army officials that she had met- not that it mattered either way.

[ooc: Anyone can jump in at this point]

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Table Header credits go to baylee.
Pegasus icon lineart credits go to Tamme.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mad As A Hatter In Her Own Right [Ahi, Sergeant/s, Open] - by Africa - 05-15-2013, 09:53 PM