the Rift

[OPEN] Windancer [Dragon Hatching]

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

Much to my surprise, my moment alone with the newly hatched dragoness doesn't last long. Instead of annoyance, however, I feel blessed to have such an audience gather to welcome the new life into the World's Edge, the Qian, my family. Hopefully the little green doesn't start to feel too overwhelmed by the sheer amount of eyes that were upon her.

The first to arrive was the pale filly, Sakura, who had more or less led me to the forest in the first place. I had been worried for her safety, and had followed to ensure that she was indeed safe, wherever she may venture. Lifting my muzzle to gaze up at the filly, I caught the excitement in her emerald eyes and returned to her a gentle smile. "Thank you, Sakura," I spoke in response, thankful that I hadn't been met with jealousy or resentment. For one so young, Sakura seemed quite mature already.

Next to arrive came not as individuals, but as a group I had come used to seeing together. It was that of the mighty Dragonheart, and looming in the treetops not far from her was that of Akaith, both offering up their song of welcome to my newly hatched friend. Hardly a second later came the two scaly daughters of the Weyrleader, each earning a wing over their young backs. For a moment I considered rising to my feet, to put myself at less of an awkward position amongst my peers, but it was quickly decided that it could wait. Suli was still damp, and I worried she might fall if I attempt to have her climb upon me before I rose. I would give her the proper time she needed to adjust to her body, and only when she was ready would I attempt otherwise.

Hearing the dragonsong upon the air, Suli lifted her head to gaze upon Mirage and her golden. Still unbalanced, head swaying ever so slightly back and forth, she opened her mouth to sing with them, but it came out as more or less of a squeak. She wanted nothing more than to join them in their beautiful serenade, which in time, she would. I doubted it would take her long to find her true voice, and in days I expected to see her flying circles above me with the rest of her winged kin. The thought caused something within my chest to blossom in happiness.

Just as I settle my bister gaze on the Dragonheart and start to thank her for kind words, another voice catches in my ears, one that is familiar beyond reasoning. It was that of my son, and almost as soon as I hear him do I spot him approaching, a broad smile on his pale face. I was beyond happy to see that he had arrived to welcome the new life, but I was admittedly surprised to see that he had come without his sister. I had noticed Luken's recent wanderings, but I had yet to question him of them. Perhaps that would be my next task, after tending to the hatchling. Breathing a soft exhale, there was nothing I could do to hold back the relentless smile etched on my own face. "Thank you Mirage, Luken; both of you, for your kind words. I cannot wait to see what she'll be like."

In a matter of seconds, yet another body joins us. In near shock, I swept my eyes quickly about the group, counting a total of seven. Without a doubt, fate had put me in the right place.

The seventh came in the form of Vikram, and from his jaws hung a limp, lifeless rabbit. Where several might have been disturbed by the carcass, I was not, for it had been the only source of sustenance for the warriors in Vallhea, rabbits and deer being the most common. When the body was dropped, Suli examined it for a moment, stretching her nose outwards in a display of curiosity before making her move. With her wings dropped to the ground, working like the front legs of which she was without, she moved close to the rabbit and began to tear away at it.

Allowing the dragoness to have her first meal in peace, for I knew it was needed, I finally rose to my feet, ever mindful of Suli's placement on the ground. Immediately I turned my gaze to the towering bay form as he moved beside his family, offering a dip of my head as I speak, "Thank you." For a moment I consider the draconic family, my gaze flickering briefly to Akaith and then back again. Surely they would be watching over the green's progress until she was at a more independent age, which I welcomed. They knew more about dragons than I ever would. "I would be forever in your debt if you could help me along the way."

"Talk."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Destrier - 05-09-2013, 10:12 PM
RE: Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Sakura - 05-09-2013, 11:18 PM
RE: Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Mirage - 05-10-2013, 12:16 AM
RE: Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Luken - 05-10-2013, 11:03 AM
RE: Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Vikram - 05-11-2013, 12:54 AM
RE: Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Destrier - 05-12-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Sakura - 05-12-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: Windancer [Dragon Hatching] - by Mirage - 05-14-2013, 12:21 AM