the Rift

[PRIVATE] Gold Dust [Grey, Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia trotted briskly after Roskuld, her cloven toes gently depressing the grass. The sun was just starting to rise, turning the sky pink and orange with promise, and she found Ktulu and Midas in the distance, sharing in a moment that was just for the two of them to share. Ophelia waited for what she felt was an appropriate amount of time; she did not truly know. Her concepts on social normalcy were vastly off, trapped within a mind that held the world. Cautiously, she approached, respecting the pair and their child. Two toned eyes landed upon the figure which rested in the grass, a filly, with markings to match her father and mother.

The child would have wings as well, and a horn. She thought of Mesec and how he was cast out for his bodily possessions. Now, he would know that he belonged. Here was a sister of his, a beautiful sister with the same appendages. And she could only hope that they would be close. The Foothills was teeming with children now with Hototo being the eldest and wisest. She wondered if the boy would take the responsibility of elder with pride or if he would find it a burden. What would he think about his sister? Would he feel less loved or more?

By the time her parents had their boys, Ophelia was independent. Perhaps too soon, but she was not one to misunderstand the world, being born such an old soul. She never felt less loved, and the lack of attention from her parents was a blessing since she was no longer under their scrutiny.

Then, she turned to Midas. She could see the way his focus never wavered from Ktulu and could almost feel the adoration and love pour off of him in waves. In his golden eyes, she thought she saw devotion she had never seen before, a love that was all consuming. The display of emotion would startle her, she thought, out of fear that she could ever betray such a pure emotion.

And she could not help but wonder if Ktulu felt the same. Did she truly love him? Would her loyalty to the Grey waver if he asked, or would she break his heart? The couple sat precariously on a balance, a simple contract able to shatter this moment and send both of them into regret and oblivion. Would it be worth it, in the end? Ophelia was not a bitter soul, but she was an honest one. Life had not been kind to her, and she learned to view the world with a guarded heart. Through the same guarded heart she would live a solitary life unless a force of nature drove her otherwise.

And then Ophelia's eyes rested back on Ktulu's child and thought that even if the world fell down, this life would be worth the price. "Good morning, Ranjiri," she murmured, having caught the name from Ktulu's mind. She was used to sharing everything with her sister, and sharing her thoughts openly. But she would not be sharing her doubts, not at this moment. Perhaps later, when they were alone and Midas had returned to his home. But not now. Now was a time for celebrating. "Roskuld, welcome your cousin into the world, darling. You are blessed with a full family." She said, her lips in a smile as she looked upon the new life and her own child. Ophelia was glad that Ktulu had borne a child in the same time, and that Roskuld would have someone her age to grow up with.

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ktulu - 05-09-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 05-09-2013, 10:53 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Midas - 05-10-2013, 08:44 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ophelia - 05-11-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Lakota - 05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Ranjiri - 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: Gold Dust [Grey, Midas] - by Roskuld - 06-09-2013, 07:59 PM