the Rift

[PRIVATE] Quietude [Smoke]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
Sorrowful vermillion eyes rested upon the familiar features of her mother, watching quietly as Zaffre made the lithe transition between the boughs of the trees, to Smoke's neck, then to his final resting perch of her shoulders. Idly, Israfel raised one gold-hued wing to brush her shoulder joint against the dragon's scaly hide. It was a brush of affection, of thanks, for comfort of those that she knew and loved was all that she truly needed.

Allowing her wing to rest closely to her barell once more, Israfel continued to watch Smoke's expression. The Wild Rose was clearly troubled by her words, and took a moment to debate over how she should answer... But what came from her mother's knowledge wasn't quite what Israfel had expected.

'There is a truth to his words, my dear.' Israfel almost felt sick. There was? Had her father truly done such horrific things that his actions would be held against those of his only daughter? Before her thoughts could wander, Smoke was quick to reassure that none in the World's Edge felt such hate and detest towards her. It lessened the sickening feeling, the weight of the rocks that had suddenly dropped into her gut as if they were falling from the tops of a high cliff. Yet, outside of the Edge... Were there some who loathed her name? If she met them, would they look upon the young demi-goddess with loathing and contempt?

While the thought nestled a fear in the back of Israfel's mind, it also brought forth more questions, but those would be reserved for another time. For now, she listened as Smoke continued on, not wanting to interrupt her mother in a confused stupor when the mare admitted to knowing the beast that she had seen in her vision. Still, the golden yearling's ears perked forward in alarm, crisp orange eyes widening only minutely. She did...? Had Smoke seen that very creature before? And she had survived?

Eventually, both Israfel and Smoke fell side by side, the dark grulla moving to stand beside her pale contrast of a daughter. The demi-god turned her head towards her mother, feeling the comforting touch of Smoke's muzzle upon her ivory neck, and with a trembling breath Israfel gave a dip of her head in a nod.

'Ask.'

"I would like to know," she murmured softly, as if speaking much louder would disturb the world around them. Her mind drifted to the Veins, when the Time God had frozen the world with his power. It was both terrifying and awe-inspiring all in one. "Please, mother, tell me? Tell me what my father has done to warrant such hatred and fear from his people, and tell me of this... This beast. I want to know."

Messages In This Thread
Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-11-2013, 05:26 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-13-2013, 01:15 AM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 05-17-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Israfel - 06-08-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Quietude [Smoke] - by Smoke - 06-22-2013, 01:02 AM