the Rift

She sells sanctuary [Spar | Sinuhe]
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

The herd meeting had been...difficult for Gaucho to follow. So many faces had shown up - both known and unknown - and almost everyone had something to say. Everyone of course, save for Gaucho. Words flew over his head like birds in the sky - just as far away and untouchable, for his simple mind to comprehend. Kri had spoken of the plague; of the racism that grew wild in the Basin. Yet to Gaucho's ears, "mass genocide" might as well have been a species of moss that his Sultana was referencing. The words which did resonate within the brute, were words like safety and protect our family. It was a theme reinforced and re-worded by many during the meeting, and the meaning was quite clear, even to one such as Gaucho. It was because of this threat, that Gaucho was looking for a sparring partner within the Throat. He would not venture outside of their borders, and potentially find a member of another herd - not today. Today, was about preparing himself, and his family for whatever battle they might find themselves faced with.

He would spar a member of his herd, both for his sake, and theirs.

Gaucho stood near the oasis, relishing the moisture in the air that was created by the naturally occurring haven within the sands, but it was quite clear that he was not here to relax. The large stallion pranced about, his hooves striking the dry terrain beneath his feet, in an obvious display of aggression. Large black wings fanned from his sides - held upright, casting large ominous shadows before him. Spinning, his eyes taking in each quadrant of the Throat, looking for a partner. Tossing his antlered brow to the sky, Gaucho pawed at the clouds with his front legs, issuing a challenging cry that resonated through the air. Come! Dance with me! The cry seemed to imply, and indeed, that was precisely what the stallion was after.

As his hooves struck the ground again, the pegasus grunted, dipping his muzzle to his chest, and activating the leather collar that wrapped around his broad, muscular shoulders. From this band of leather, bones - sharpened to spikes - suddenly protruded, sticking out about 2 inches. Glancing to the sky, Gaucho squinted at the sun, which had fallen past mid-day, yet still provided ample light, on this cloudy afternoon. He nodded approvingly - for better or worse, the suns glare was diluted by the cloud cover.

Ears alert, Gaucho's steely blue-grey gaze surveyed the Throat, lest a potential spar-mate try and sneak up upon him. A boyish grin pressed upon his muzzle, as he waited in eager anticipation.

[WC: 419
Setting: Throat by the Oasis, around 3pm - sunny, but cloud cover blocks the glare.

You can attach first :3 It's up to you whether you want Magic and/or Companions to be used - just let me know! This will be 3 offensive posts.]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

My muscles still ached slightly from the journey from the Threshold to here, in the Throat. I had been here less then a few days, three at the most, and since meeting one of the leaders here and gaining a rank I was already proud to be part of this herd. I was glad that the diviner of the Throat had been there to bring me here, and correct the facts about the Basin that two of the Basins citizens had wrongly informed me about. Didn't they know how obvious it was that they were mainly a bunch of racist idiots who thought they could rule the place? Well, they couldn't.

I may be new but I am already determined to help smash in there petite brains, or at least give them a good knocking about to hush them up a bit, beat some sense into there thick heads. Maybe unclog some of that cocky racistness out of them. I suppose, like Avalon had said, I would also be deemed a traitor of the Unicorn race, not that I cared. Wings were a powerful weapon, they could easily give you a blow to knock you on the ground if you were caught of balance. An Equine...well, they may not have a powerful weapons like wings or horns but they were skilled fighters, and the heart of all horse creatures.

I trot on, toppling a sand dune, which I halt on top of. The oasis. It wasn't hard to miss at all. When the sun had been at it's warmest in the short time I had been here I had hung around here, so that I was close to the water and so that I wouldn't easily overheat. But, because it had been a bit cooler today, I had strayed away from the glimmering lake to stroll though the desert land, which I was still exploring. It was really by chance I had ended up here. Normally I would be standing on a dune the other side of the water but I must of looped round to be on this side of it. A dark, winged figure catches my eye. He was standing near the oasis, on the flatter bit, and was putting on a display of moves. Battle moves.

If I wanted to help beat the racists I would have to sharpen up my skills. Last time I had thought I had, yet again, been victorious, and killed my fathers murder. Even though I couldn't reclaim my land, it felt good to avenge my him. That had been a good few seasons ago though and I hadn't fought since but as I watched the fighting display I felt the adrenalin pumping though my body. I wanted to fight him.

From the top of the dune I whinny to him, wanting to catch his attention so that I couldn't do a 'cheap' move. I wink, not caring if her saw or not, and soon I was charging down to dune, kicking up sand that created a forest around me, that I galloped though. I bowed my head and directed my body so that I was charging for his chest, slightly to the left, as I saw bone spikes that lined his shoulder.

OOC | 542 words | Charges at his chest, slightly to the left | Would rather there would not be magic for my first fight, teehee

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

For some reason, when he sees her - standing atop the sand dunes, Gaucho is reminded of the cold, and without thinking, he paws at the sands to ensure his footing. Subconsciously, her blue and white coat reminds him of a spar with another unicorn, which took place in a twisted cave of ice. That unicorn had used her experience moving on ice to try and defeat him - and it had almost worked, for the stallion's massive hooves had skidded and slid all about in his pursuit. In his primitively conscious mind however, he is not aware of this connection, and he brushes it off as no more than a cool breeze which has created this feeling of unsteadiness, and cold. The idea does not simply leave him though, for as she calls down to him, Gaucho's simple mind begins to formulate a plan, even before she takes her first step in his direction.

She is new to the Throat, and although the distance between them masks the majority of the features of her body from his stormy gaze, he still wonders just how used to the sand and the heat she is. Gaucho recalls his first few spars in the Throat, during the heat of TallSun, and how moving in the sands tore and tested his muscles like nothing he had previously experienced. True - he was much larger than She, and his bulk required more energy to stop and start, yet how much propulsion could hooves so small possibly give her? Would her muscles be able to endure the ever present heat and the tiring footing? Even though Orangemoon had brought clouds to the skies, the Throat remained stagnant and hot.

Tossing his antlered head, Gaucho returned her cry with a blood-curdling one of his own - his voice was rich and powerful as he bellowed in response. Mentally he warned Mara to remove herself from him, lest she end up skewered, or worse, poisoning his herdmate. With a hiss, the white snake circled down his powerful foreleg and disappeared underneath a rock. While he wanted to ensure that members of his herd were prepared for anything that they might see during battle, the bite of a snake such as Mara, would have last consequences that did not simply go away, once the spar was over.

As he waits, Gaucho spreads his massive black wings in an attempt to intimidate the smaller mare, as she gallops down the dune towards him. Come, come, he beckons, fanning his wings at her, but refraining from taking a single step in her direction. Tired. ....Heat. He thinks as she runs - his muscles and body were acclimatized to the Throat's temperature and landscape; were her's? Or would that icy coat of hers simply melt away?

As she neared - a few strides out, the bay snapped his left wing to his side, lest it be punctured as she charged by, and aimed his antlered brow in her direction. Listening and watching her rhythm as she moved, Gaucho meant to knock the left side of his antlers into her horn, protecting himself from a gash on his left side, and continue the thrust to hit her left cheek or neck with the right side of his antlers, as his neck is forced to turn with her movements. He has used this move on unicorns in the past, and relies on that confidence now. When he deems that her strides are carrying her just past his flank, Gaucho bucks towards her left thigh, kicking with the flat of his hooves, rather than the edges, to charlie-horse the muscle, rather than open a wound; this was simply a spar, after all.

As his hind-end returns to the ground, Gaucho begins to turn into the left, his stormy gaze searching for her. Large moose-like ears listen carefully, to detect the sound of her hooves upon the harder ground here. Although he is turning to where he believes she might be, he keeps his head low, and does not fully open his eyes. Thus, he protects both his vision from being blurred by sand and sun, and places himself in a defensive position, as he rotates to the left towards where he presumes she will be .

[WC: 721. Gaucho is using buffs SWIFT and DANCE]

Image Credits

Sinuhe Posts: 38
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 3
Roo
I'VE WALKED A MILLION MILES FOR YOU, BUT I'M STILL ALONE

His cry was a call for battle, as I had guessed. A chill of exsitment scuttled across my spine. My heart beat increased and I tossed back my head before galloping down to meet him for the fight. Hooves slap against the sand with great force, my speed increasing with each stride. It had been a long time since I had last fought but that made no difference. If anything, it made me want to fight more. I wanted to get in there, to show of my skills, to test my own abilities, to prove myself.

As I charged down though the forest of sand I could make out the stallion. He was a bulky stallion, well muscled and toned. His head was like a dinosaurs, big and bulky. Dark eyes watched me as I came down the dune, calculating my moves. My own blue gems watched him, narrowing to slits so that I could focus on him without being distracted by any passers by. My ears folded back automatically, not because I was angry but because of the thrill of the fight that was slowly unfolding, and the wind that whistled in my ears.

Because of his bulk I knew he would be a lot, lot more powerful then me, a small Thoroughbred lass. However, I was quick on my hooves and extremely agile with tricks hidden in my mane which whipped back against my neck like silk. His wings were zipped to his side, and I didn't blame him. They were beautiful, powerful and magnificent; something the Basin folk would never understand. As I galloped closer, though the fury of sand I could see two horns, like a stags, clearly coming from his head, as well as something thin poking though his nose. Ouch.

I counted down the strides. The last few seemed to fall into a slow motion time frame then. I had time to get my head straight and plan against him. But it was over to quick. Life sped up. I felt the contact of his horns and my own. My neck is pushed in slight, and forced to curve round to the left, to relieve it of the power behind the force but I let his power aid me in my next move. It pushes me round to the left, forcing my body to turn so that we are at a right angle, at which point I continue to turn, trying to throw my rump into his chest.

My legs also kick out, hoping to kick him in the neck and wind him, though I doubted my legs would get that high, but it was worth the try. I braced my butt for the impact of the move but I could handle it, it wasn't like it was going to hurt either of us to much, maybe some bruises for him I suppose. When my legs land back on the ground I instantly go, from a halt almost, into a quick, long stride of a gallop. I could almost sense that at some point during my attack his own back legs had gone out, maybe hoping I was in the way of them.

I went far enough ahead of him so that I could turn rapidly towards him and leap immediately into a lunging bite for his chest, the lower part. My head was high enough so he wasn't stabbed in the throat, and low enough so that if his neck came low enough it would be lightly scraped. My teeth snap at his skin. Then I wheeled my neck in, like a snake.

Although my muscles ached still slightly from the journey here and I could feel them pumping with the slight pain that could've been so restraining if I hadn't of had the determination to fight through it, and prove myself. I ignored there begs to take a break from action to prepare to move quick to dodge, or use, the stallions next move.

OOC | 662 words | Is pushed around by his horn so they are close at a right angle. She continues to turn round, throwing her rump into his chest and bucking. Then she takes a stride forward, turns and lunges to bite him.

SINUHE
IMAGE CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Although he can feel that his antlers have connected against her, he is momentarily surprised by the lack of resistance he feels. But no - that isn't it. It isn't a lack of resistance; her neck seems to be moving with his antlers. In that instant, he recalls that she is quite a bit shorter than he, and of a much more slender lineage - is it possible that her neck has snapped? Could that account for why it seems her body is suddenly perpendicular to his, rather than continuing on parallel, as he would have assumed? But no - for she continues to twirl as if unconstrained by physics, and suddenly her rump is positioned directly before him. Wrongly assuming that her momentum from galloping towards him would carry her forward, Gaucho has lowered his head, bucking now at empty air, as she attempts to buck at him. Luckily, given that the distance between them was almost nothing due to her spin, and that his muscular neck is far higher than back, her buck landed against his chest muscles causing only slight discomfort, rather than pain, as his neck snaps up and out of his own misguided buck (and consequently, out of the way). His mind let slip the dazzling way she was able to spin so suddenly to attack (though perhaps he would ponder it again later), and instead focuses on the task at hand. As her hooves pull away, Gaucho wonders if she has pierced one of them on the sharpened-bone spikes which hang from his neck.

As she uses her lineage to her advantage - moving from a standstill into a gallop-like stride length - Gaucho lunges after her, mentally noting that she must have avoided his spiked-collar during her buck, for she shows no signs of injury. Although his is not as delicate and lithe as her thoroughbred body, he is none the less powerful, with battle-practiced speed. His tall frame is able to cover the ground with a wider spread, as he tries to eliminate the few strides of distance between them. His antlered brow was already lowered from his failed buck, and now it hurtles towards her like a bulldozer. 17.3 hands of solid Gaucho-meat threatened to meet her outstretched jaws, as she turned to bite at him. If her teeth connected against the bone in the center of his antlers, he cannot feel it, but she has surely missed his chest. That is both the strength, and the downfall of his magical appendages; while they have protected him from her toothy-attack, they have also failed to provide any insight as to whether she has hit against them hard, or if she has bit one of his boney-tines.

He continues to keep his antlered brow low to avoid a horn-attack retaliation, as he tosses his head to shake her muzzle out of it, should she still be caught there. Given their close proximity, Gaucho tries to use his brute strength to his advantage. Lunging forward and directly at her, he aims to scrape the left side of his antlers against her left shoulder. As his momentum and large stride propel him by her, he throws his weight into his left shoulder, hopefully knocking against her flank and shoving her lithe body to the right, but also scraping her with his spiked bone collar.

Rather than bucking at her, as he did before, he tries a different tactic: one closer to home. Literally. Digging his hooves deep into the sand as he moves away from her, he crow-hops, aiming to kick sand into her eyes, should she be trying to follow. He has lived in this desert oasis long enough to learn its secrets, as well as its lessons. His body has learned how to retain heat, and not sweat so profusely even under the Throat's harsh sun, and how to move gracefully across the sands, without overly exerting his muscles. He had also learned, how to use the desert to his advantage - much like kicking sand up at an opponent. And although she is now his herd-sister and family, no matter how new to the Throat she is, he will still see to it that she endures the Throat's every hidden weapon, as well as its secrets.

[WC: 719. Gaucho is using buffs SWIFT and DANCE]

Image Credits

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
Sinuhe flees from the battle and does not stop.

[[Gaucho awarded +0.5 VP]]