the Rift

[PRIVATE] I Doubt They Planned This [Levi]

Avalon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My silver lined eyes flicker open slowly as I suddenly become aware that a new day is upon me. I raise my head from the sand with a smile, any loose sand that stuck on my cheek falling softly to the ground. Any pieces that wanted to hitch on for a ride were knocked loose as I shook my head. I then pull myself from the ground and send a quake through my pelt. I whipped my tail through the air, then bit at my chest to soften a clumped part of my fur to the point where it looked like the rest of my dusty buckskin coat.

I had left the fire last night, just to wander away from tending to it. However, it was as though a part of it still lingered with me. Much like a tick that wouldn't leave. The aroma of the burning plants and brush had embraced my body and left me with a faint smoky scent. It was something that most equines ran from out of natural instinct. I, on the other hand, had learned to embrace it and return the favor. I couldn't touch the flames that yearned to lick any more I had to feed them however much I wanted to. The dancing and flickering fire was beautiful but gave off a warning to anyone who had not yet toyed with it just enough which was heat.

"It will always bite the hoof that feeds it."

Of course, I dared not attempt to touch it. That would be a foolish move only to be made by a very young foal. I was much far wiser than that! My antlers were the only part of my body that came close to it and they couldn't feel anything. I had fed these very flames a very great amount to keep it burning for some very long time. Long enough to where I could have no problem walking off for a day or so. Possibly even longer.

Today, I was venturing to the oasis. I had failed to visit the pure water for any other reason than it being just that... water! That's what brought me here now but today I had decided to stay a bit longer and observe some of the fauna surrounding it. color=#DDC380]"More wisdom... I need more wisdom..."[/color] Possibly even meet more members of the Dragon's Throat than I knew now. That was another thing that slightly bothered me... I knew close to no one now. I was a secluded individual in my own defense.
~
I began to gallop full speed (hadn't done this in a while) and it brought upon me joy. With this joy I pushed harder and felt the wind begin to whip through my mane and tail. My head arched and my ears were pinned straight to my head; not out of anger or fear but to keep the resistance of the air low.

Soon enough, the young and early sun's rays were reflecting off of the oasis' surface. I could see it easily and it was quite beautiful in the early, waking morning hours. But, of course, I could never miss the fauna and as I came closer the details of the vegetation became more clear. So did the lake, however.

Image Credits

"Talk""Thoughts"