the Rift

And hell followed closely behind...

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

The stallion’s sleek ebony coat glistened blissfully as his lungs billowed forth a gracious sound, a nicker; a sign she believed that they were now bonding. Still she smiled towards him, pleased that Skells appeared to be softening against her relentless sincerity, and the modest grey trembled with delight when his flaccid nostrils pressed convivially against her mottled hide. She couldn’t help but wonder whether it was a quirk in his personality that had kept her advances at arm’s length; perhaps some turning point in his life had caused the rigid walls to grow prickly and dense about him, Africa was unsure, but she did not judge his trepidation at all. She had met many others during her Helovian adventures; few matched her blithe effervescence, most seemed confronted by her childlike ignorance. Many also shared this wary mind-set which plagued her new Pegasus friend, and Africa worked hard to sooth away its bristles so that he might be comfortable at last, and share the tranquillity which her graceful company offered.

He chuckled, the sound deep and throaty as it slipped from his parting lips, and Africa giggled with him, because beneath the baggage which weighed down his fine masculine form, she imagined him to be sweet; possibly just a misunderstood soul in a sea filled with more just the same. She was a creature of such basic naivety that she could not watch from the sidelines as melancholy threatened her kin- Skells bore wings just as she did, so naturally, someplace far down their ancestral lineage they were bound to one another.

"I come from lands of great temperatures," the stallion answered, locking her waiting eyes with his enchanting silver pools. ."Where the wind is hot, and sands blur your vision. It is from this of which I seek a newer, more becoming land." Africa shifted thoughtfully then as he finished for the moment, the silence building but unable to crack through their chained wondering stare. She nodded, understanding that perhaps he wished not to divulge further, but delayed voicing her thoughts while he seemed ready to speak again. Skells nodded, and repeated the name of the country whose magical shores had enticed them both for separate reasons. "I've never encountered that compass." He continued pensively, and Africa followed the trail of his steel-hued eyes as they began to rove through the forest around their glade.

Helovia is worth exploring.” She began through a fond sigh. The merry song of mated wrens burst through the clearing, and the cool breeze swept forward to carry the crisp sound closer. With fluttering ears she listened, but did not waver her attention away from Skells. “There is much to see, and more still to learn. From what I have witnessed in my time here, there is culture and Lore beyond my wildest dreams.” Africa was a dreamer, and thus traipsing through the crowded corridors of Helovia’s history, myths and marvels was a favourite past time- that, and dabbling amongst the lavish flora which adorned its vast face.

Do you have any interests? My home offers different classes, though I have not decided under which I will study yet.” She frowned light-heartedly at her indecisiveness, and stepped forward to butt her pale forehead against the stark groove of his jet black shoulder. “I am eager. I’m sorry.” She blushed though it was unnoticeable, concealed well beneath her ashen complexion. “You are welcome to call Dragon’s Throat home, if a home is what you seek. I’m afraid it might offer little respite from the place which you described though- it is surrounded by tides of desert sand.” She laughed jovially, perhaps a little nervously, given that dust and heat were obviously not his preferred environment.

Image Credits

[ooc: If you wanted to request are or tables or anything, you are welcome to post in the Art Nook. Click Here is offering some free art if you were interested? ]

Messages In This Thread
And hell followed closely behind... - by Skells - 05-14-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: And hell followed closely behind... - by Skells - 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM
RE: And hell followed closely behind... - by Skells - 05-23-2013, 09:05 PM
RE: And hell followed closely behind... - by Skells - 06-19-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: And hell followed closely behind... - by Skells - 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: And hell followed closely behind... - by Africa - 06-19-2013, 08:02 PM