the Rift

[OPEN] Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open}

Skysong Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Skysong

I realize belatedly that my interruption might be viewed as disrespectful, but when I glance surreptitiously at Midas, he wears only a grin. I sigh quietly, my former dismay at his arrival thawing. I puff up my chest a bit more, shifting so that I stood more beside him, as though to be a part of the mare's guide party. Perhaps it is an amusing action to the adults, but I do not see it as such, for I am too young still to understand the funny things that children do without realizing it. One day, I might look back on this interaction and groan with embarrassment, but for now, I plow steadily onward after Midas introduces himself.

"Oh, I know!" I tell him cheerfully. "Mother told me who you are! I'm Skysong." I don't stop to think that perhaps "mother" is not a particularly clarifying description for anyone other than myself, but that is neither here nor there. Oh, right, Talianna - what a pretty name! - had mentioned traveling, hadn't she? Oh, how many questions I had for her! What did a forest look like? How did snow feel? What was a lake, exactly? Could she take me to one? And she heals! Could she teach me? Can I just go with her? I should ask Mother if - no, why should I? Mother would only tell me no! I should just go with her. I am almost a yearling, after all!

I remain in silence, allowing the adults to talk as they would, but I do not leave. No, I found her, and I have way too many questions for her still. She just can't go away without me talking to her! She just can't!

"Talk talk talk."

Messages In This Thread
Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Talianna - 05-15-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Skysong - 06-08-2013, 12:37 AM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Talianna - 06-28-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Skysong - 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Talianna - 07-01-2013, 03:36 PM
RE: Of Dunes and Sand {Herd leads, open} - by Skysong - 07-21-2013, 10:15 PM