the Rift

[OPEN] Exploration At It's Best [Semira]

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
I did not feel the cold.

There was something within me that seemed to keep me warm. Father said he had a fire within his belly that was given to him by the Sun God. I did not have the ability to breathe fire or heat, but I was the granddaughter of a dragon. My hide was thick, and my scales were not only an impenetrable shield against sharp edges, they also resisted change in the environmental temperature.

On our journey back to our mother, I did notice that my sister flagged behind, that her attention had been pulled elsewhere. I stopped my pace, coming to a smooth halt, peering quietly about, with wings half-cast, elongated tail swishing like a slow pendulum merely a few inches above the loam below. I breathed in the mists that surrounded me, taking a moment to calculate my next action.

The next thing of occur resolved my dilemma. A rustle of leaves above, a glint of gold, and a colourful, warbling trill announced the arrival of my mother's beloved bondmate, Akaith. I smile to her, eyes glimmering with unrestrained happiness. My own voice quietly hums a tune, somewhere in between an equine whicker and a draconic song, welcoming her presence as it glides down to settle upon the small of my back.

"We are exploring today, Akaith." I say quietly to her, tilting my tiara to view her reaction, wondering if perhaps I should have asked her instead of told her. She tilted her little crown at me in response, like a confused puppy investigating a strange sound, before bumping her nose against my own and taking to the air in the direction of the border.

With a half smile curving my lips, I followed in her shadow, moving myself into a speedier step, moving with some acceleration until the ground beneath my hooves changed. With surprise I noted that the mists no longer lingered about my fetlocks, and trees did not bunch nearly so close together. Akaith, above me, seemed to laugh at my sudden hesitation, my surprise.

I continue to follow her, as she seems to know which direction to take to reunite me with my twin. Ahead, I spy the familiar glint of silver, standing alongside a stallion stained a similar hue to the healer Torasin, only he held no white patches amidst his golden sheen. I stopped once again, several lengths away from where my sister stood by him, treating him like one she already knew. Akaith seemed unconcerned by his presence, as she chortled a friendly greeting to Semira, she curved a great arc in the area above us and eventually settled onto a branch that was slowly but surely losing its leaves.

"Hello." I say softly, my façade guarded, my expression clear as I peered at him with vertically slitted eyes, swaying my scythed tail slowly behind me, akin to a cat summing up the size of its prey before deciding whether or not to pursue it.
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Marius - 05-15-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Semira - 05-15-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Amaris - 05-16-2013, 03:51 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Marius - 05-16-2013, 02:26 PM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Semira - 05-29-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Amaris - 06-02-2013, 08:28 AM
RE: Exploration At It's Best [Semira] - by Marius - 06-05-2013, 07:16 PM