the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Philosopher and The Poisoner [Lakota]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

Peaceful thoughts fluttered around Arah's brain, she was trying to calm herself with them. Arah shut her eyes and concentrated on her breathing. In...and out...be calm and thud. Something rather solid hit her legs, causing Arah's eyes to fly open and tumble back a step or so. What she believed to be a polar bear cub began growling in what seemed like a playful manner. It tumbled around her legs causing laughter to ring out from her lips. It played with her tail hair and Arah swished her tail side to side to try and provide more entertainment to the cub. Carefully she lowered her crown to him for a mere second in greeting and then pulled back again. "But pray little fellow, do tell me where your bondmate is?" She spoke softly to the little guy. She guessed he accompanied another horse, which was no doubt watching them interact from afar. Arah's eyes flew up from the little cub to settle on a female equine standing before. Studying the dark blue mare with open interest Arah paused and waited for her to speak first. The stranger must have called the little rascal back because he returned to his mistress in a mere amount of seconds. Then finally their gazes met. She listening to the mares tones, she sounded rather exhausted. A laugh tumbled from her lips, as her golden gaze flickered back to her new little friend for a second. "Don't worry, your little white fluff ball caused no harm. Only entertainment." Arah assumed the mare using a friendly tone. She was still anxious to be standing so close to an equine but did not let it show. She was a master at hiding her emotions. As usual the white mare was impeccably clean, her hair long and silky and her gaze as abnormal as ever. Her pendant bounced gently against her chest as she shook out the water from her coat.

Her eyes watched the other mare's gaze flick around, she seemed so out of place. Arah wondered if there would be anyway she would be able to help the other mare. The strange mare then cleared her throat and back up a few steps. 'What odd behaviour'. Confused by the way the other mare was acting, it took Arah a few moments to understand what was wrong. She was from The Basin...she lived with racists who would love to kill the mare in front of her. Before Arah could defend her dignity, the mare introduced herself as Lakota and her cub as Aodaun. "I'm Arah." She stated simply still watching the mare. "I know that I live with a bunch of unicorns who are mostly either racists or are assholes or both. But you don't need to fear me, I don't bite." She winked at the cub and then laughed at him again. She wondered how she could relax the other mare into her company. It wasn't like Arah was about to call out the Basin to her and beat her into a pulp. She did not attempt to seal the distance between them, that would be up to this Lakota. Plus Arah still had slight trust issues when it came to strangers. But then again, who didn't? The fact that she was an equine didn't matter to her, she honestly couldn't have cared less.

Adverting her own eyes for a moment, Arah wondered where she should go with this conversation. She didn't play games, didn't try and impress strangers, she just liked making friends but that was something the she wasn't good at. She only had a few real friends, ones she could count on. The Basin also didn't supply many friendly faces, she was generally looked down on because she was....nice. Sighing softy, her gaze found it's way back to the face that held those strange purple eyes. It was odd to meet someone with a gaze as bizarre as hers. Well at least they had something in common. Wondering if Lakota knew that it was Arah who had made the deal between their too herds, she paused wondering how she should work that into the conversation. Good points always lead to a beautiful friendship right?

"So, the foothills huh?" 'Good god woman, is that really the best you've got?' Arah thought to herself. Mentally kicking herself she rushed on. "It's beautiful there, I noticed that when I was there making the deal between the Foothills and the Basin." She smiled not expecting to impress the mare but just hoping to drum up some conversation between the two. She was also curious to see if she could help the other mare out with her problems. Everybody had personal things going on but Arah often took it upon herself to try and heal people. Talking your feelings out helped people release their pain and get on the path for healing. Begin accepting truths and realise their way forward into their lives. Arah did realise though that this mare trusted her about as far as she could throw her. So the chances of Lakota opening up and sharing her problems was as about at likely as little Aodaun to start speaking fluently to them. She studied the coat of Lakota again. Her colouring was so different, strange rather like her. Arah new that she was a rather peculiar mare, not many expected her to be so bizarre when they started speaking to her. She wasn't erratic exactly, but at the same time she was far from normal. But then again what was 'normal' what defined a being as normal?

What did you say to strangers to get them to open up to you, trust you? Spill their problems. A breeze rolled through their little pitty party, tossing some of Arah's shorter strands of around around. She took a moment to settle her thoughts then tried again to sort through her mind. Her original purpose of having a calm meeting with nature was clearly not going to happen, but the company of new people was always better. You learnt things when you met new people, and leaning was something that Arah valued greatly. "I find being out here is really good for you to to sort out your thoughts." She smiled and figured that was why Lakota was all the way out here like she was. "But I'm actually quite interested in this little guy." Her gaze flicks to Aodaun. "Tell me, where did you meet?"

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes;
Words; 1083
Tag; Lakota.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Philosopher and The Poisoner [Lakota] - by Arah - 05-20-2013, 08:52 PM