the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Philosopher and The Poisoner [Lakota]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

"D'Art?" Arah asked and then starting giggling. Oh yes, Arah knew D'Art quite well, the time mender was the unicorn that had brought Arah into the Basin. "He's...well...he is....you know.." Arah struggled trying to think of words to describe her herd mate. He was always a gentleman to her, but she saw through the mask that he wore so carefully. She stopped trying to think of words for the mender and watched Lakota for a moment. The darker dame was beautiful in her own way, Arah wondered what the mender had done to Lakota make make her fear the Basin so much. "Think nothing of it." Arah shrugged the apology off, used to having to explain that she wasn't a racist prick. "I do it as well, I see all of The Grey as mostly heartless warriors, in it for the gold." She smiled at the little cub again. "But I can see how terribly wrong I am." She could see that Lakota was hurting but that just proved all the more that she had feelings. Studying the simplest of movements, the way the light caught the finest of hairs on the darker dame's body, had Arah's interest. Her body spoke of a wise mare, who had experienced more than her years worth. Not just wise either...informed. Arah watched the older mares nervousness, her forehoof scratched absentmindedly at the sand beneath, kicking at the gurgling liquid every once in a while. She hid herself from Arah's gaze with her dark locks and Arah too felt the tension grow between them. She pretended to be deep in thought, then she brought the mares gaze back up to her face with a question.

The question also brought along some surprised string of giggles falling quietly from dark lips. Arah frowned at the mare before giggling a little herself. What a pretty laugh this mare had, so maybe there was a softness under the harsh exterior. Even as she continued speaking the mare's girly laughter lightened the mood considerably. She spoke of The Basin and never having seen it. "It' beautiful, the night sky is always lit up with hundreds of stars, and the temperature really isn't that bad." She smiled. "I live in this little cave by myself," she chuckled with Lakota. "No stag in my life, anyway, I've decorated it with flowers on the walls and cleaned out the rocks from the floor, so it's not hard to lay on." Her gaze was turned to the distance, the direction of her little cozy home. "The the floor has grass and flowers so it's soft to lay down, and it's not cold." She stopped aware she had been gushing to the darker mare. A heat crept over her cheeks. "Sorry, but it's the first real home I've had." Her last home was nothing but a war with her family and a bitter younger sister. That relationship was complicated, Arah had done her best to protect the little baby girl from her parents wrong ideals. She wanted to save baby Arwen, but her parents got into her little sister head and Arwen turned into a cold selfish mare. Someone Arah hated, no matter how hard she tired to love her baby sister, she couldn't do it. It still destroyed her everyday living without her sister, but Arah would not be able to go back and save her.

Arah watched the dame step forward, into the creek. A smile formed on her lips as she realised that Lakota was finally starting to relax around her. If Arah was reading her right, and she was good at reading people, she was causality curious. She gave the shadow mare a open, soft and friendly smile. She wanted to draw her closer, there was something compelling about the way she moved and looked at Arah. A lust for further conversation settled over the golden girl. Arah nodded, in answer to the raven's question. She did not dare take her eyes off the approaching shadow. Excitement and nerves had begun playing games in her stomach. "Myself and my close friend Roland came and spoke to Ktulu and Ophelia." Her eyes watched with inquisitiveness. Her own tones where laced in honey, slow thoughtful and playful. "It's my job to be good at words." She had lied and cheated her way to freedom, then she had never lied agin if she could help it. not only that, with a few cleaver words people opened up to her and trusted her. "It's that I'm an honest lady, I've never broken a promise." She laughed with Lakota. She was glad to enter the playful banter, with a another smirk, Arah winked quickly at Lakota.

Closer and closer crawled the mare, it was like Arah was a pale crown that Lakota want to reach and keep as a prized procession. Only she was afraid of moment to quickly it would vanish before her very eyes. Curious, was all Arah could read in the shadow mares eyes, which in turn triggered Arahs eyes to relay the same feeling. She shook out her mane, enjoying the silence for a moment. Her gaze flickered around, refusing to rest on the mare. She felt embarrassed at her interest in Lakota, but every time her gaze settled on the mare a shy smile spread over her chops. Own head tilted to the side, eyes wide with wonderment as the pretty dark dame sighed to respond to her. Arah could hear how broken she was, wanting to help fix her. Maybe, just maybe, Arah would be able to help the mare with her magic. The slim shoulders drooping slightly. "You are not weak Lakota." She tones were suddenly harsh, eyes narrowed. "When I look into your eyes I see the soul of a warrior and a survivor, someone that has been strong for others for far too long." Arah shifted her position, slightly more stubborn and she hoped imposing. Passon filled her silky soft tones. "Strength radiates from you. It's actually rather intriguing.". Lakota's delicate shoulder blades shrugged, Arah eyes watched them. Her strange gaze still tried to capture the purple gaze of the darker mare. It was with this gaze that she captured the souls of others, the golden eyes that sparkled with strangeness and open emotions. "That may have sounded ridiculously lame, but I meant every word." Her tones were soft a pretty again, and her stance slipped back into a casual presence. Arah knew a lot about souls and what made people who they were.

A loving smile blossomed demurely on raven lips, from Arah's question about her bondmate. Lakota looked to her little cub and Arah's gaze followed. The miss title caused Arah's eyes to snap back to Lakota. So this mare was born into a high ranking family. Just like she was, her smile widened. Arah had long stopped calling others 'miss, lady, mr' and their rank titles. She listened to the story with rapt attention, it was thrilling and so interesting. Arah watched Kota lower her head, letting Aodaun reach up and wrap his paws around her, then laughed as he began gnawing at her forelock playfully and growling endearingly. Lakota was also giggling she lowered him back down and turned to face Arah.

The ivory mare watched the adorable pair wondering what kind of magic it took to bind them together. "That's an adventure you'll never forget." She laughed and shook out her mane, it had been clinging to her neck. There was so many things that were special about this shadow mare, it sounded as if she had been blessed by the gods many times. This mare was so fascinating, the way to spoke, her movements and the things about her that made her an individual. Made her special. But the dark body held many dark secrets, the light doe could tell. Arah wondered what could have possibly happened to make this mare hide so many dark secrets. Perhaps it was her past that haunted her, made the new day look darker because she was concerned or worried about what she had done in the past. "If there was anything in you past that you could change, or forget...would you?" Her question was quiet and thoughtful, she wanted to know if there was a way should could help this darker beauty. Her face was blank and eyes empty. Your past made you who you were, removing it or forgetting some of it...even making the memory fuzzy, well it changed you.

"I can tell you've got secrets and that your past haunts you." She looked directly at the raven trying to catch her eye. She would not use her magic until Lakota okayed it, but she wanted to read the mare's thoughts through her eyes, the window to the soul. "I have a way to help you, release you from some of your burdens." The impersonators words were as honest as always. She tilted her head, the strangeness that always accompanied Arah dripped from her. The way she snapped from emotion to emotion. From excited to calm from crying to smiling. She wasn't crazy but the young mare had a huge zest for life and every emotion she felt she wanted to experience it hole heartily. Make your life worth living, Arah believed she was doing that. This was why so many found her strange but very likeable. "I have a...gift that I don't like sharing with others." She sighed. "I'm afraid they'll abuse it, but not you, I like and trust you." Arah paused wondering were she needed to go from here. A breeze played with her hair while the impersonator grouped around her head for the right words. "I can alter your memories." She stopped and refused to look at Lakota. Why? Was she ashamed? "I can make you forget things, make the memories shinny, or alter them completely." She chuckled and then sighed. "Whatever you want fixed, changed or blurry...I could do that for you?" Now her eyes flicked up for a second. What did the shadow mare think of her ability? Did she find her despicable, find her offer disgusting?

Arah took a few steps back, shyly. She wanted to help, but as her eyes darted away refusing to meet Lakota's. She had never done it before, offered to help others like this.

But did Lakota see it as help?

Or would she see it as a pretty little liar trying to get into her head?

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes;
Words; 1756
Tag; Lakota.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Philosopher and The Poisoner [Lakota] - by Arah - 05-30-2013, 07:06 PM