the Rift

[PRIVATE] My Sister, My Soul

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   Ranjiri</style>
  give me strength when i'm standing and faith when i fall</style>

Big brother, the first time I met you I remember thinking of how big you were compared to me. Our shadows stood side by side and yours seemed to stretch on for miles while mine stayed close by me. The silly, childish thought that your shadow was big because you'd experienced more in life passed through my mind and I wondered briefly if my shadow would grow bigger with my life experiences. I told you it was a silly notion. Shadows are just shadows.

I was never frightened of you, but I was curious. You looked nothing like daddy and yet you had the same gentle voice and the same gentle way of guiding me. I was not scared when our parents sent us away for the first time together because I knew in my heart that you would protect me, from what I didn't know. To me the world was still so new and full of wonderful things and places that I had to explore. I remember wondering if you would be with me on my adventures, but one look in your eyes and I knew that you would be by my side forever. My big brother. My protector. My best friend.

When you pulled me against your side I remember thinking that you were warm compared to the quickly cooling air that surrounded us. I remember thinking that your body felt strong despite your young age and I found even more comfort in you. Our gazes met and for the first time I was really able to study your face, but it was your eyes that really captivated me. Some say that the eyes are the gateway to the soul and I'd have to say it's true. I could nearly read your thoughts as I looked into your eyes. I could see the emotions swirling in their depths and it made me reach out to you, to touch my gold tinted muzzle against your own.

I smiled then, I don't know if you saw it, but it was the first time I smiled at you. You always make me smile, big brother.

You kept your wing draped over me as you began to speak. I knew you wanted to look at me as you spoke to me, but I wanted to cuddle against your side and that's what I did as I listened to your voice. Not everything I understood, but I heard the unconditional love in your voice and though I had yet to speak I hoped you understood that I already loved you just as much if not more. If you didn't know it then you figured it out shortly after when I begged for you to not leave the Foothills, but like daddy your home is in the Throat. I'll come visit you when I'm big enough to leave the Foothills on my own, but until then you'll come to visit me, won't you?

You said you would try your hardest to be the best big brother, but you don't have to try that hard. Even when you make mistakes you'll be perfect in my eyes because mistakes are little imperfections that make us all unique and perfect in our own way. I hope that makes sense to you and doesn't just sound like childish babbling like it probably does to momma and daddy. The first time I giggled was when you said you would chase all the nasty boys away. As if I'd want anything to do with them! I'm only a baby and boys are the least of my worries, silly brother. My only worries are when I'll see you and daddy again and if you'll stay with me longer than a few hours.

I'll keep asking you to stay with me. I hope one day you'll give in and move here to be with me forever.

As much as I liked listening to the sound of your voice and as much as I wanted to hang from your every word I'm still a child. When I became antsy you released me and nudged me so I would go. I hesitated, lingered at your side before I wandered away a few steps on my spindly legs.

I'm off now, running through the grassy fields of the Foothills, leaving you behind me, but I know it won't be for long. Soon I'll hear the pounding of your hooves behind me, you'll overtake me and then I'll be chasing after you in an endless game of catch. Or, well, until I get tired and flop on my side in the grass to snooze while you graze close by. Either way you're with me and I'm happy.

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Ranjiri - 05-16-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: My Sister, My Soul - by Cera - 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM