[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae
"What do I seek? Why, isn't that a secret?"
"Maybe you'll find out in time - maybe I, will find out in time."

Irrydae had awoken by her pool as normal, she had had no dreams this night. In a swift movement and rustle of feathers she was up on dusted gold hooves that clacked against the stone as she made her way out of the cave. She let fresh air fill her nares before she trudged on. She decided toady she would make her way to the Threshold today.

The star mare had flown instead of made her way there on foot, it was faster anyways, and the Foothills wasn't far from the Threshold. She had searched the thinning forest for hours on end but had not come across one person. That was strange, but she shrugged it off. It was nearly night, and the aurora borealis started to stream from her wing tips, lighting up the night. Before long she realized she was on the south side of the Threshold rather then the north. She let out a sigh but did not turn around, and decided to venture further. She had been further from her home before, it wouldn't be the first time, and she wasn't tired anyways. She had gotten a long, nice dreamless sleep in and was still full of energy. She had taken a pause mid afternoon at a small stream to eat and drink, so she was content and comfortable. The night was not cold, at least she didn't feel cold, and she moved along at an easy lope, feeling like she could go for hours. The trees started to get more frequent and packed, and it was considerably darker. The scents around her started to shift and change and she realized she was entering the Deep Forest. A light grin played across her lips- not out of fear, but out of slight excitement. She had never been here before and she pranced slightly, unfurling her wings before pulling them back to her slender bodice. Powerful muscles coiled under her pelt as she weaved through the trees in the weak moonlight, artificial northern lights swirling out around her.

She paused instantly at the sound of voices. I can't distinguish them at first, but I move forward silently, the array of colors disappearing instantly. I then hear a thump and tune my ears to the voices. '"Quiet! What if someone hears you?"
"Oh, right, like its mother is going to track us down and kill us for stealing her kid and turning it into a rock."
"...that sounds exactly what an angry mother would do, you featherbrain! Now shut up and help me move this, maybe we can fix it when we get it back to the den." '
Stealing her kid? I take a step forward, trying to peer across the dark landscape. I hear grunting before rustling and a guttural cry from the distance.
' "Uh-oh... you don't think..."
"You're kidding yourself. We were really, really sneaky. I don't think she saw us."
"Well, all I know is there's no way we're going to be able to move this. It's solid as a rock."
"It is a rock you idiot!"
"Well, rock or egg, there's no way we can move this on our own." '
I could help. That's her first thought. Or they could leave and the mother would retrieve her child. Then she sees it, a large egg that seems to be textured like a stone. Or I could take it. The thought crosses her mind. I would have my own companion then, right?

Irry chooses to help them. "I could help you." The star mare glides out of cover to see two pigeons. Pigeons? They definitely could not move this rock on their own. "If not by strength, then by magic. I have two abilities, and one might be able to move it." She brainstorms in front of them, and she hadn't even notice the three others. Her golden orbs glance over to them, one just a tiny baby. And there was another foal. All mares, one adult pegasus. Were they here for the egg too? She assumed so. It was then she set in her mind that this would be her egg. As if a motherly instinct set into drive, a flip switched. If this was even a egg! She nodded to the others before turning back to the pigeons, realizing they weren't saying anything but greetings. "And if any of that doesn't work, we could try to disguise the egg, hide it essentially, while I ward the mother/beast/thing off. I have magic that could probably hold back or scare it off. I could fight too." She finishes smoothly, words gliding out of her mouth without a second thought. It was her job to help these two pigeons- who looked odd- and then after that, if she had to, take the egg. She wouldn't, after all her hard work she planned on doing, let them eat the poor thing. "I am here at your will."

"talk talk talk"
(Grandfathered) :: [Companion: Zephyr | roc]

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Irrydae - 05-16-2013, 08:37 PM