the Rift

[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

She hated being lonely, however that's how life was at the moment for Arah. She had gone for a walk, and decided that she wanted to check out The Deep forest. She'd never been here before and was interested to see all of Helovia. The trek from The Basin had actually been quite pleasant, it gave her time to think and plan her next life's move. She was mid thought, walking through the forest, when she heard angry voices. The Impersonator had trotted over rather quietly. Hiding in the shadows was what she was practically good at. Hidden behind a practically thick thorny bush, she watched the two rather creepy looking birds squabble. She didn't approach them at first because she wanted to study them, figure out what the heck was upsetting them. Was that an egg? Looking at the rather large egg Arah tried to determined what kind of creature would be inside the hard casing. Only coming up short with no ideas, she turned her attention back to the birds that appeared to be trying to eat it. She wacthed it tumble down the hill and then the other bird try to swoop down and try to break it's shell to devour it. Well, egg's gotta hatch but evil birds gotta eat. At first she wondered if she should just leave the bloodthirsty pigeons with their egg. No, she shouldn't after all a baby was in that egg. Now was her moment to step up, she would pretend to befriend the birds and gain their trust, then save the egg. Only through their fighting and raised voices another creatures appeared. The first one wasn't exactly an equine however, covered in scales she looked to be part dragon. Then another pale mare and then finally the mare she knew to be Africa.

Sighing Arah got up from behind the bush and carefully made her way around the thorns to the already formed group. She watched the interactions between the group but still did not speak. The birds seem to be struggling to move the egg along. Arah frowned and looked around the forest walking over to a large old tree and using her teeth she stripped off a large chunk of bark. It was about as thick as her leg and covered in sap. She then did the same thing four more times, stripping bark from the tree. Next she scooped up some tree sap on each of the edges and stuck it together to make a container for the egg. Something to pull it with...she spotted some vines and trotted over to rip them off from a tree. Vines in her mouth, Arah and also struck them into the tree sap and made a make shift lead. It was long enough that two larger creatures could pull the egg in the makeshift box with their teeth. Once the egg was in the container it would be a lot easier to move around, not to mention safer. The bottom of the box would eventually wear out, but she hoped that by then they will have frightened off the birds. By the time she returned another pegasus had entered the fray. Arah dragged her box into the little meeting and presented it to those around her. "Not saying we have to roll with my idea." But as no body had suggested anything else apart from the mare with magic. "I was thinking you use your magic to gently lift the egg into the box." She looked to the gorgeous mare beside her. "Then all of us can take turns dragging it to it's final destination."

Seeing as Arah din't have magic to help her out with problems she faced, she was used to being creative. She smiled around the party openly willing to take on any other suggestions. So far she just felt confident that with perhaps a little more tree sap and help from the other creatures that surrounded her, they would gain the birds trust and then be able to save the egg from them.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; [Companion: White Griffin | » Draining Clutch ]. I wasn't sure if we were meant to do an introduction post or just jump right into round 1 so I kinda did half and half. I presented my idea but if round 1 is next time we post I'll still be able to draw on this post. :3
Words; 678

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Arah - 05-16-2013, 09:09 PM