the Rift

[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn
There is a deep contentedness within her soul lately, a sense of completion and growth that makes her feel wiser and older in so many ways. Disappointment over not becoming the protector of the egg within the forest had not even washed over her, instead wishing Destrier a firm good luck in his travels. After all, why should she be? The little one would be in the hands of a strong, wise, kind soul who had left a good impression upon her. She had left with a calm joy, the fairies that she had grown so attached to weaving little trinkets within her mane that had made her blush with a humble thanks, cherishing them deeply. And with love they had granted her a magic to aid her in whatever path she traveled, petting and comforting her. Nayati missed them dearly, but only need gaze upon the wooden beads and pale glass leaves to remember their kindness and generosity. She had taken to visiting the shadowed forest frequently, checking on the fish pool and rotting trees, becoming a tender of the forest even if it was more for her own enjoyment and care for her patron. It had become her safe haven, and with it so close to the home that had temporarily opened to her, it was the perfect place for the pale princess.

That day found her in its depths once more, never afraid of its darkness and looming pines, leaving her trademark trail of flowers as she wound her way down a path she hadn't set. It seemed, however, that the forest she so adored attracted far too much attention at the strangest of times. A frown crossed her feminine face as squabbling was heard, vicious little words in vocals of screeching glass and cackling mockery. Wary but intrigued she angled towards it, this cacophony of sound that drew her in. What was it? Or rather, who? The sound was tinny, small, but soon others weaved between, interrupting and following like little melodies that were far larger and smoother than the ones that had first broken the air.

It seems there is yet another crowd.

Sighing, the spotted youth strode comfortably towards the group, recognizing only one, the other little lady that had been present at the emerald dragon's giving away. But her crimson irises focus on the two odd birds, audits flicking to catch every word, even the ensuing growl of rage that echoed somewhere deeper. One foal, glittering in scales, merely seems intrigued, while Sakura- was that her name?- asks if she can aid them. A third, a mare older than the first two, merely greets. Two more enter, one proposing an idea but remaining still, and her follower coming with a little constructed box, proposing yet another idea. With a gentle sigh the frail spotted fae moved forth, bright alabaster locks dragging and dancing on the earth below, forever pure and unsullied. The situation became clear to her quickly, not only through the counterproductive squawking of the hungry beasts, but through observation as well. Giving a slight nod and smile to Sakura, the dotted dame approached quietly. There was no time to waste, for the birds, the egg, nor the horses gathered around. "The mother is clearly close and sounds quite enraged, now is not a time to dawdle or we will all be punished by her wrath." Nayati had long stopped worrying over how others would react to her maturity, knowing her mind was far older than her body could convey. Speaking of the mother's wrath, her gaze turned to the starry fae that had spoken in a manner Nayati was wary of. Soft coal lips curved down minutely in disapproval, but when she spoke the tone was that of a disappointed elder, shaking their head at a prideful child. Soft, unassuming, certainly not an attack or insult, but blunt and to the point.

"Fighting off the mother is foolish to me, and I implore you do not for our safety as a whole and your own as well. An enraged mother is only ten time stronger, especially regarding her offspring. From what I heard earlier, she does not seem a small foe in the least. We also have young ones about, who I refuse to tell to run when they deserve a chance at bonding as well. Putting them in danger is cruel and shameful, and I worry for your health should you take on a creature that may be unlike anything either of us has seen." Wasting no time, she moved on. The galaxy painted woman could choose whether to be insulted or not, though Nayati had only spoken the honest truth and refused to take it back. Instead she turned her gaze to the kindly faced alabaster maiden. She had made a rather good impression, constructing a useful device and even proposing teamwork.

Frail little legs drew her closer to the egg and basket, flickering her orbs up to the smiling mare for a moment. "I cannot say how useful my own will be but I will offer you my magic. If you want to use your own I implore you do so, but I have no knowledge as to what it is from your words." The last portion was tossed kindly, almost distractedly, to Irrydae. Shielding her eyes from the world around her she blackened her gaze, soft smile twisting on her features once more as she recalled the kindly whispered words of the fairies. Reaching deep into that memory she felt for the connection, the gift they had planted within her. Grasping and singing out, a silent summon. Tempting and cajoling, alluring and inviting. When new movement alerted her audits her eyes were revealed once more, and before her were two creatures of nature that had come at her call. One in the form of a fox, the other a weasel. The third had not been called, fearing the talons would harm or be useless on the moving of the egg.

Without needing to be told they began their task, taking opposite sides of the egg and pushing up and towards each other in an attempt to lift it. Nayati, anxious with the dwindling time, turned to the two young ones. "Together or alone, will you find a branch, hopefully with green leaves still attached, that is broken off and bring it here?" Uncomfortable with how much she was speaking, and not wanting to seem bossy or as if she was the leader, she gazed among the adults. "The bottom of this basket will not last. If we slide it onto the branch, the leaves and branches will take the most of the damage before the wear and tear will let the battering begin on the basket. What do you think?" Oh how awkward she felt! Only wishing to aid them, help them out of the forest and send them home happy and in one piece. Nayati only cared for the safety of those currently surrounding her, and that of the egg. Moving she slid a hoof beneath the egg, trying to create leverage or a small gap to lift it further. Anxiously her mane was shifted, forelock constantly changing position as Nayati glanced towards the area the angered roar had come from.

Uncomfortable, she turned to the two birds, trinkets and flowers catching the light. "Help us help you, please? Can one of you fly overhead to scan for a fast route, and the other stay with us to direct us? Where are we taking this egg? If you aid us, I will tell you all I know about the best prey areas, I know this forest well. Please sirs," she pleaded, ankle uncomfortable but uncaring. This may not be her forest, but it sure felt like it by now, and she was reluctant to let anyone get hurt if she could help it.

//ooc: had to rewrite most of the ending three times on my phone and get on my laptop finally around one am to finish this, so if it's crap or has errors I am so sorry. That's also why no table.
Kaj post probably won't come since the deadline will likely be right when my school gets out :/
Denied at Green Dragon Drop
[Companion: Dragon | Frost] Any Color

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Nayati - 05-20-2013, 02:47 AM