the Rift

[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

[The two vampire pigeons huddle close to each other in suspicious fear as others arrive. They squawk and begin to peck viciously at the ground in front of Semira as she stumbles onto them, puffing out their chests in a display of dominance.]

"Hey, this is our egg, watch it."
"Now that it knows we have an egg it's going to squish us, great."
"Yeah right, this one's little. It can't hurt us."
"It's also part dragon. How much do you want to bet it's an angry carnivorous monst-"

[The mean one becomes silent when Semira begins to speak, and the pair watch in fascination as others appear. The sounds in the distance have faded, leaving the pack of mares and the vampire pigeons gathered in silence. As each mare offers their opinions, The dumb one hops protectively to stand on the egg and covers it with its wings.]

"For such friendly folk, you don't seem to have lots of ideas."
"You think they just want it for themselves?"

[They quiet down once more and listen to Irrydae and Arah. The dumb one hisses at her, and the mean one snorts]

"The purple certainly does. You might be clever, but I know what you're doing. Maybe you can help with your... magic, but this egg is ours, lady."
"Not to mention we have to move it before we can even think about its mother."
"I TOLD YOU, we were really sneaky! There's no way the mother heard us, featherhead!"
"Hey, stop yelling at me, I'm just trying to think ahead."
"Yeah right, like you've ever thought ahead in your life."
"Well, I'm thinking ahead now. This one's got a point."

[The two pigeons look over Arah closely, leaving their egg unattended for a moment so that they might examine the box. The dumb one pulls at it, finding it sturdy enough, and nods with satisfaction. The two listen to Nayati as the examine the box and seek out its potential. Suddenly the mean one shrieks loudly at the sight of Nayati's magical animals attempting to move the egg, and then the mare herself reaching out to touch it. The dumb one hides behind the box, scared of the weasel and fox.]

"HEY! BACK OFF!"
"What makes you think you get to touch it without asking? This is our egg, stone-toes, don't forget that."
"Not to mention that we've already tried just pushing at it. Your friends aren't going to have any more luck than us."

[The dumb one goes back to the egg, flapping its wings and squawking protectively at the crowd Nayati has gathered around it. Begrudgingly, the mean one grabs Africa's leaf to put under the box.]

"I like the box. It's a pretty nice box."
"Gimme that! Yeah, but the bossy one's right, the box isn't strong on it's own, but this should help."
"That's pretty good. If you can get it in there with your magic, purple-lady, then you can all take turns."
"We'll show you guys where to go, it's just over the hill here."

[The two pigeons move away from the egg and begin to hop over towards a nearby hill to lead the way, but they watch the mares closely.]

THE SECOND TASK: Cooperate to carry the box over the hill. Be careful!

Because they mostly followed Arah's plan, she wins the first round, and receives +1 drop of her name in the final round pot for her ingenuity.

For clarification:
each task lasts only one round. A reminder to be creative! Those who please the vampire pigeons will have a higher chance of winning in the final round. Don't be discouraged if you don't win this round, there will be several chances. Know also that if the pigeons don't like an answer you give, you are not counted against in any way. Make sure to post within the time limits, or else your character will be "left behind."

Entrance period opens now and closes 5/23, 72 hours from the post stamp.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Random Event - 05-20-2013, 03:30 PM