[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Irrydae Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: Seven
paddeh

Irrydae
"What do I seek? Why, isn't that a secret?"
"Maybe you'll find out in time - maybe I, will find out in time."

Irrydae watches as others arrive quickly, only two others. That means there are six here, and with each new arrival meant less of an odd of that egg being hers. Irry's purple ears flick towards the white mare with antlers on her skull. She turns her attention to her, lazily flicking her tail and glancing at the pigeons nondiscretly every once and awhile. They seemed to be wary of the newcomers, they wanted that egg as much as anyone else did. Golden orbs watch the mare peel back large pieces of bark and sap, and she watched her messily put the pieces together to make a box with an open top. 'I was thinking you use your magic to gently lift the egg into the box. Then all of us can take turns dragging it to it's final destination.' Irrydae nods sagely, that is a very good idea. She wishes she could be that creative, anything to give her a better chance at winning this egg, and the mare had easily outsmarted her. She was not mad, but it was a slap in the face to pick up her game and to be more creative. "I think that's a great plan." Irrydae nods and then looks to the last one who had arrived, who has started to talk. 'Fighting off the mother is foolish to me, and I implore you do not for our safety as a whole and your own as well. An enraged mother is only ten time stronger, especially regarding her offspring. From what I heard earlier, she does not seem a small foe in the least. We also have young ones about, who I refuse to tell to run when they deserve a chance at bonding as well. Putting them in danger is cruel and shameful, and I worry for your health should you take on a creature that may be unlike anything either of us has seen.' She sees her lips are curved downwards and a small spark of anger ignites in her stomach, but she keeps a straight, calm face. Yes, the mother could be dangerous, but she feels she could easily ward the mother off. Irry nod grimly to her, she is smart, and it is a big risk. She makes Irry sound stupid. Again, she is shown up.

Irrydae listens to the two pigeons ramble on and she stays silent, golden pools flickering over to the one who had called her idea stupid, she seemed to be tring to take charge of this. Irrydae didn't like that, they all needed to work together, and yes they needed some direction, but she didn't need to be the only one talking. Irry would be if she had shut up at some point. Irrydae watches as she starts to sing, and suddenly a weasel and a fox appeared, and one of the pigeons shrieks. Irry jumps slightly att he loud noise, but settles quickly and is relaxed again, then realizes the animals are trying to move the egg.

' "I like the box. It's a pretty nice box."
"Gimme that! Yeah, but the bossy one's right, the box isn't strong on it's own, but this should help."
"That's pretty good. If you can get it in there with your magic, purple-lady, then you can all take turns."
"We'll show you guys where to go, it's just over the hill here." '
Irry realizes they are addressing her, and she turns her attention to them. Use her magic to get the egg in the box. She could also just use her magic to carry the egg up the hill. Irrydae quickly scrambles away, keeping everyone in sight until she finds the appropriate materials. From one tree, she snaps of several large, long branches. From another, she slices vines with her hoof away from the tree. She inexperetly winds the vines around the branches and, using the same idea as Arah, applies sap to both ends. She sticks to of the ends to the box, melding it together, and at the other end, she places a smaller, vine-wrapped branch. There was enough room for two horses to place the front vine branch against their chest and pull. She then swiftly moves over to the egg, Aurora Borealis streaming from the stars on the tips of her wings and concentrating it around the egg. It cradles the egg and lifts slowly, Irrydae scrunching her brow in concentration, nudging the egg softly with her nose to guide it. The egg settles in the box and a new idea sprouts in her mind. "I'll leave my magic with the egg, to lessen the weight of the egg." She says to them. She then motions to the smallest of the vine-wrapped branches that are almost perfectly circular. She nods to the rest of the horses before placing a few under the box in a demonstration. "I'm wondering if some of you to can continue to put these in front of the box as we move it along, so that it can roll along these, again making it easier for us to get it up the hill. Just take the ones that appear from behind as we go up the hill and place them in front of the box. It might not work but if you guys are will, it's worth a shot. "

Irrydae then moves to where the front branch is and pulls it up to place it against her chest. "Can I request someone else to help me pull the egg up the hill? If possible, one of the adults. Can the rest, or some of you help push the box with your noses from behind?" She asks, voice confident as her eyes gleam brightly. She figures she is one of the strongest there, the Foothills has made her strong and lean, more muscle and strength then she has ever had. She braces herself against the vine branch, ready to pull when another joined her. She watches the two pigeons scramble up the hill, leading the way, watching all of them closely, but Irrydae's intentions are to get the egg over the hill and away from the mother. One might try to take the egg and flee, but the egg is too heavy and she knew they wouldn't get far if they tried. Seconds pass by and Irrydae knows they need to move now.

"talk talk talk"
(Grandfathered) :: [Companion: Zephyr | roc]

[Image: wu5k41.png]
please tag irry in every post! magic & aggression allowed w/o death

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Irrydae - 05-20-2013, 06:20 PM