the Rift

[DROP] Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
[Image: 4hz8ty.jpg]
Credits; Carnival-ride-Stock.deviantart.com SweetDreams-Stock.deviantart.com Photomanipulator; AlexLibby.deviantart.com

Arah

"Arah." She introduced herself back to Irrydae, who was quickly becoming her friend. Then there was no time to chat as they got down to business. Panting and also heaving from the effort, they reached the top of the hill.

"Stop arguing. Denouncing their ideas doesn't get it up the hill any faster."
"Deeenouwnsing. That's a big word."
"SHUT UP!"

Suddenly, the roar becomes a cry and the vampire pigeons take rapid flight. They swirl in the sky above, cawing and screeching, warning the mares below of the source of the sound. Bursting from the brush, a massive Basilisk with a feathered crown appears with eyes that echo the stone covering of the egg. Hot tears of distress roll hissing down her cheeks to dissolve the earth.

Give me back my baby, you wretched thievessss!

The mean one and the dumb one fly off to stay in the trees above, observing in huddled fear.

Okay a basilisk. Crap. NO don't panic! What did Arah know about basilisks? She knew that it was the king of the serpents. The basilisk is a creature that is born screwed up egg of some fashion - she couldn't remember what had to be wrong with the egg, but who cared. The the egg is hatched by a toad. Gross. What kind of messed up day was this turning into? She almost felt like washing her hands of the entire thing. All because of these stupid birds. FOCAUS ARAH! She mentally screamed at herself. She could not leave this egg, she didn't want to believe that it was the baby of the monster. Mind back on the problem in a instant. How do you kill them? How do you kill monstrous and murderous snakes? ... Time was ticking...how...the answer was in her mind buried deep somewhere. She had heard it from an old traveling mare. Somewhere someone said not to look into its eyes...THAT WAS IT. It's own reflection was supposed to deal with the bitch! So now Arah just had to find a reflective surface. Pitty her ruby gem was far to small to be any good. The only thing she could think of was water, but would it be too dark? Would the reflection not show? There was a fair amount of moon light showing, and they were lucky enough to be only a few meters off a clear pool of water, the bottom of which is lined with precious stones of a deep red colour.

She wasted no time. Dogeing the tears, and refusing to look up at the beast, Arah bolted as fast as she could. Hoping the others could keep Basilisk busy she rushed off to the lake. It took a few seconds and after taking a deep breath she turned her golden eyes down to the pool of water. Her reflection peered back at her not as clear as what she would have liked, but she could still distinguish her features and details. The darkness from the night canceled out the clear factor, but the moonlight was just enough to show reflections. She breathed a sigh of relief before plunging her self into the water. Thank god her mother had taught her how to swim. "OI...!" She wasn't sure what to call it. Ugly? Mother? Beasy? "I think I see your real egg at the bottom of this pool!" Then she prayed to the gods that the beast would catch a glimpse of it's refection. Shutting her eyes so she wouldn't see the eyes the reflection, Arah began to blindly and slowly swim back to the bank of the pool of water.

Haunted by my eyes, the way they hold your attention even in the loudest silences.
Notes; I couldn't think of anything else ;-;
I would just like to say thanks to Harry Potter for killing his Basilisk with a sword and not helping me with this post at all, other than that tiny bit of crap info i remembered about the egg being hatched under a toad. Because at ten years old that freaked me out and it's burned to my brain.
Words; 451

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Griffin Drop] - by Sakura - 05-16-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Squabbling Squabs [Species Specific Companion Drop] - by Arah - 05-28-2013, 12:03 AM