the Rift

[OPEN] I never asked for this {Birthing, Tharos, Open}

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Heavily pregnant, the stormy gray mare walked the lands she learned to love the most in Helovia. The Heavenly fields, surrounded by looming mountains and lush green grass the ideal place to come by. The gray mare flicked her ears and continued walking, wishing to be up in the air flying, but she was bound to the ground due to the child in her womb. Inhaling deeply, letting out an almost bored sigh, the lass continued walking, lowering her head hoping to find some good blades of grass to chew on. She felt as if the baby could come any moment, and it was never too early to find a place to deliver the child to the world.

Finally finding the ideal place, a cushion of tall grass, hiding from the view of the world, Storm bent her elegant head down, grasping grass in her mouth and slowly chewing. As the mare did so, something squirmed in her stomach, giving tiny kicks. Uncomfortable, the lass shifted, trying to get rid of the strange feeling and the instant pain. All of a sudden, the urge to eat was gone, and a strange tingling overcame her body, as she delicately started to lay on her side, her breathing coming out labored. What was happening to her?

Water started leaking out of her, and a stretching feeling overcame her as the foal within her moved and shifted, battling to come out of her protective pouch. A fighter, just like me, the thought raced within her mind as pain stabbed her abdomen. Throwing back her head and letting out a pained whinny, wishing the hurt to go away, the boy started to emerge as she pushed violently. Repeatedly pushing, she shut her eyes with emerging tears, wishing the pain to go away. Push. Push. Push. She felt herself ripping apart as the baby finally slid out of her, on to the soft ground. The pain was over, and she felt as if she was released.

Turning her head, she saw blood and a sac containing her little baby. Such a beautiful creature really, with elegant wings with red colored tips and a white body. Tears of joy leaked out of her eyes, and even though she never asked for the burden, she was overjoyed that she actually gave birth. A piece of me. The foal is Tharos's and mine. Mixed feelings churned within her, one of pain, and anger that she had to go through being a mother, but the other feelings were a strange happiness and glee that she actually delivered her own foal. Laying her head back down, with a half hearted smile, she shut her eyes, breathing normally again, leaking tears.

Feeling the baby beside her, after resting and enjoying the moment, she turned back up towards her rump taking a glance at her baby. Everything else came, like a natural reaction, something instinctively that she somehow knew how to do like many other mares before her, Storm stood up snapping the umbilical cord between her and the child. Nuzzling her baby up, Storm smiled with pride. My baby. My precious child.

Kovoden Posts: 6
Deceased
Colt :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: Newborn
paddeh
I can't get this memories out of my mind,
And some kind of Madness,
has started to evolve.

It is dark. So dark. And then light. Muffled light. But a slight change. I am pushed out of my sanctuary of warmth and protection, feeble and weak. It is cold and dry, things feel scratchy and unnatural against my skin. Milky eyes blink, unable to take in anything, unable to see the beautiful and wondrous world before me I would learn about.

Pale lashes blink and brush against my cheek bones as I struggle to move. I feel so unsafe and unguarded, vulnerable. I take a gasp of crisp air that fills my lungs unevenly and I want to cry out in fear. I am to gentle, too fragile for this place. I want to go back to my sanctuary. A pang in my gut is instinctual. I don't like it. My dished head swivels around wildly, and although I don't know it, my coat is a jarring picture of red and dark colored swirls that shifts and flashes. I will probably never know it. I will never know what I look like, what my mother look likes, what anyone look likes. I will not know what the world looks like, and I will come to hate this. But right now I know nothing except the body pressed next to me and the need to eat. Confusion and curiosity is what next fills my mind.

I struggle to stand on wobbly oversized legs. I am thick. But that is another think I will never know. My eyes do not focus as I stare at… what? Another think I won't ever know. Wow, this was turning all into everything negative. Negative. Negative. I finally stand and I take my first step, but perhaps it's in the wrong direction. It takes me awhile to finally bump my tiny maw into my- at least I presumed this was my mother- mother's hindquarter and duck my head under her stomach and lipped around for milk. Why is it still dark? Shouldn't there be a blast of colors and sights- well I don't know that now. But I will learn. I will learn many things as I grow older.

My fuzzy tail wags like a puppy's as I nurse, nearly bare wings protruding from my shoulders, bony and naked, if I could see I would probably think they were ugly- especially compared to my mum's. Where was father? I felt like there should be another person here, but who knows, I was just born.

Storm Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The little boy that came out of my protective stomach looked around wildly, a little bit scared. "Shh, It's okay", some maternal instinct told me to cuddle with my child, reassure him with kind words. My child looked terrified, and scared wobbling around on his almost too long legs. He was beautiful. Milky eyes, red swirls on his wings and body. He was perfect.

A pang of pity hit me though. What about his father, Tharos? He wouldn't be here to meet his son, to watch him grow up. He would just be a stupid outcast like me. I was almost determined to join the World's Edge, to give my son a better future, even though he was fatherless. I felt like giving a cry of grief that he just left me, but remaining strong was my best option, for my little son.

The little boy seemed confused, and in a daze, so I wasn't sure what was happening. But he was wagging his little tail, his whole body seemingly in happiness. "It's okay, my dear son", I said nuzzling him again. I loved him, honestly even though I wasn't ready for him. I was there to protect and care for him forever. I walked, and let him drink milk, as I stood there, for once patient in my life. "Nurse my dear one", affectionate tones were spoken from me, and for once I was more than content.

Kovoden Posts: 6
Deceased
Colt :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: Newborn
paddeh
I can't get this memories out of my mind,
And some kind of Madness,
has started to evolve.

'It's okay, my dear son' The words do not comfort me. The voice is familiar but different, but I find no comfort in them. The white on my coat in an instant turns black as the darkest night. But what does calm me is the gush of warm liquid that splashes down my throat, and the black fades back to white.

I step back, head swinging in a large arc as I stumble and fall roughly, jarring pain running up my spine. Still no words leave my pale lips as milky eyes search for anything that it might reach. But that is not possible. My nares flare as my mother's scent grows more distant and panic floods through me. Is she leaving me? Will I be alone? Maybe that would be for the best, as I do not feel tenderness for her. There is an unspoken tension and I can feel it. I do not understand it, but it makes my stomach uneasy as I struggle to stand back up. My hooves trip over a rock almost instantly and I am thrown on my face.

It hurts. My lips turn down in sadness and I give up trying to stand. It seems no use, gravity, clumsiness, and blindness (though I presume this is how it is for everyone) is determined to keep me on the ground. So be it. A sigh escapes my lips as my body relaxes and I let my head rest against the prickly ground, eyelids closing over eyes that do not see anything. My chest rises and falls slowly as my ears rotate, listening to everything exploding in them. What was this place?

"Speak"