the Rift

[OPEN] These Walls

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

We are not alone.

As soon as I voice myself to the little green, the falling of hooves on hard ground reaches my ears. For a moment, I fear the possibilities of it being an enemy; perhaps one of the Basin that I've heard so much about. But as I begin to turn and face whoever it was, my worries were quickly laid to rest. This mare seemed far too friendly to want to cause any trouble, and as she let loose her call, I repaid her with a soft nickering of my own. From atop my head, I could feel Suli shifting, grasping and pulling at my mane as she struggled to get the best look at this newcomer that she could manage. Although I couldn't see her, I could only imagine the look of curiosity that shone in the depths of her predatory gaze.

In exuberance, she claimed herself to be called Nyx, and while I had no right to claim I knew her beyond that, I couldn't help but admire the way she spoke. It reminded me fondly of my children and the way they had once been in their earlier days, before the emotional torrent that their mother had left us in. Mirroring the smaller mare's motions, I, too, dipped my head as I introduced myself, sending a wave of my mane cascading towards the earth. "My name is Destrier; it's a pleasure, Nyx." Only after picking my head back up did I meet the mare's dark eyes, a gentle smile pulling at my lips. I did not recognize her in the least, and in the back of my mind I couldn't help but be curious. "If I may ask, Nyx; how long have you called Helovia home? Do you reside in a herd?"

But before I could settle into a comfortable stance and cock a foot beneath me, another set of hooves on this solid ground pulls my attention from the mare for a moment. Casting my gaze out towards the distance, I spied a dark form -- could it be? -- whose face was marred with ivory. It was that speck of white that assured my suspicions, and lifting my head, I watched as she slowed to a trot and continued her approach. Her lack of presence as of late had worried me greatly, as had Luken's, but I had always dismissed it as the twins starting to grow up and yearning for a life of their own, away from my watch. While I didn't blame them if that was the case, I still couldn't help but worry. In the recessess of my mind, I wondered too, if there wasn't something bigger that was keeping them so at bay from me.

"Laila," I spoke up, outstretching my muzzle and pressing it gently to my daughter's own if she would allow it. I had missed her every day that I did not see her, but my concerns could wait to be voiced until we were alone. Peering at Laila from her position was Suli, who had begun to descend down the length of my face by use of wrapping her tail around the thick of my forelock. It wasn't the most pleasant of experiences, but I knew the green was merely curious; after all, Laila had not been present at her hatching, and she wanted in on who this yearling was that I spoke so fondly to. But even more to my surprise, in a sudden flurry of wings and using my face as a spring board, Suli had launched herself from her perch and towards Laila, aiming to land on my daughter's poll. The action caused a deep chuckle to escape from my throat, and I could only hope that Laila wouldn't mind the sudden company as Suli went about craning her neck, peering into the yearling's eye with her own.

Exhaling gently, I turned my head back to Nyx and proffered another smile to her. I did not wish to be rude and ignore her, but I had simply been glad to see my daughter again, unharmed. "Laila," I spoke up again, "This is Nyx. And the little one on your head is called Suli."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
These Walls - by Destrier - 05-19-2013, 11:38 AM
RE: These Walls - by Nyx - 05-24-2013, 09:22 PM
RE: These Walls - by Laila - 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: These Walls - by Destrier - 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: These Walls - by Laila - 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM
RE: These Walls - by Destrier - 06-11-2013, 08:43 PM