the Rift

what lies beneath

Fawkes Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
My bones are groaning, and my muscles are ready for rest. I do not count my steps because I don't want to know how far I've come. I will always hold that reminder in my mind, and do not need more. The land stretches out in front of me, it is alive, growing despite the season before the white cold.

Almost there, I'm assured this will be it. My hooves continue to beat on the cool ground, drumming in my head the beat of my past. I do not let my old memories gain to much light. My nostrils widen, this air is clean, untainted, holds nothing of the past. It is refreshing, diving into my cells, and I find more energy to quicken my pace despite how my blue hide is dampened with my sweat.

The further I go I'm assured this is Helovia, my destination. "Finally," I breathe, taking a moment to take it all in, to realize I at least made it out of the inferno, out of the ashes. There was nothing left behind me, home was gone, and no one would not follow me. No, not the son of a dead King who failed and I did not blame any of them. They were afraid of what that might bring, what I had done, and I know I was as well. A bitter grin stretches my lips, but I press on through the forest to follow the trails of others. This is my rebirth.

Time continues passing with me, but even I must rest, must wait. I have no idea what is beyond the green and brown walls of the trees so I decide to find a shady spot, undisturbed where it seems many come and go. Long deep breaths I try to calm my breath, and keep silver eyes moving along the gaps in the wood. Eventually someone would come, or I could hope.

Image Credits

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
She knew well that new horses entered Helovia through this forest. The emerald canopy turning to an auburn color as the leaves quiver trying to hold on. The mossy floor of the tall trees is spongy and moist. The mountains reaching for the sky just at the end of the twisty path. Travelers came here from everywhere. She'd heard of a place called Isilme. It seemed the very core of horses here were from Isilme. Zdravilo however, was not. She was from a far away place she'd rather not talk, nor think about. The only words she could think of about it were, long and brutal. Shamelessly and brutally she had to make an escape. The vision still portrays itself in her mind, yet she shudders and lets the thought be excused.

Ah, the sweet scent of lush leaves and tall strong trunks. My nose tingling with the familiar sites and smells of this forest. This was the place I was first introduced to in helovia. I remember the handsome Descaro coming and swaying me to the Aurora Basin, but then Leyra came. I swear she had given me the stink eye. Oh, like she was the almighty queen. She was just white noise in the scheme of things.

"Finally."

As clear as day I hear a voice. Immidietly I pick my pace up to a quick trot. Hoping, heartily, it was a unicorn. Maybe it'd be a petite mare like me. I hadn't met anyone that looked like me yet. That was a shame, but I had met a fair amount of macho-like horses. Yet, maybe this horse would be a brawny barbarian type just as the others. I would have to wait and see.

To no avail, it was indeed a stallion. An odd one, might I add. His mane and tail a frosty white. His coat was a bluish color with a glossy coating. I smiled as I slowed my trot infront of him, to a halt. "Hello Sir! Welcome to Helovia!" Tossing my head slightly, my volumess forelock dancing on my forhead and around my crown. This one had a horn too! I thought that was pretty cool! It wasn't very rare, or even uncommon at that. It was curved just as Zdravilo's latest recruit, Calcifer. Still, it was a horn, a nice one at that. Now that she was closer, she saw the sweet purity of his horn. It was glossy white like the traditional unicorns. "That's quite a pretty horn you got there. I'm Zdravilo, but you can call me Vilo!" My smile never dimmed. I was naturally a friendly horse. I got on people's good sides rather quickly. I'd even been told I was pretty by Descaro, though it was nothing more and I denied it. Me and him were friends, nothing more. My audits alert, and I reached my whiskered velveteen pink muzzle out to greet him. A soft nicker escaping the bowels of my throat and into the air.

Unregistered

Had I even stopped when I heard falling steps coming my way? I cast an ear back, unsure if I'm extra paranoid or that just that tired. Usually when I had a faint feeling someone is there, there was. I was curious if I had merely startled another or sparked their interest. I was use to the stares, my strange pitch of blue I was, and lets say I had made my name very clear as soon as I could stand. What a strange smile appears, thinking of the cocky boy I had been and thinking I was now only a grown fool. I sigh, merely to make my body release the tension I could never kill before I was greeted. I did want to be on my best behavior. If I stood as a sweaty beast with a sharp tongue I surely would not get very far. Maybe, I could do as I was often told be polite. When silver eyes were greeted with the sight of slim mare of ivory and light chestnut patches I decide this won't be hard.

Oh, I don't say a thing as I meet her unique eyes staring at my sky tinted hide. Was I really the only blue horse? I hold a straight face trying to decide what kind of Unicorn she was, I had noticed her own pair of antlers. Apparently she must have spied mine. The white weapon that had carved my past, and might play a part in my future. For me it was nothing special, as I didn't think any part of me was. I was very unused to compliments on it. It was the reason I had the collection of runes etched on my neck, and many other things I liked to pretend was another's story not mine. She seems young and sweet, and that is not such a bad thing for a fellow like me to be found by. The smile on her face though rare to me, must always take home on her pink lips. I wish I could be as exuberant as her, as excited. I do my best to offer a warm smile, tip my head respectfully in thanks.

"'Lo miss Vilo, I'm Fawkes. You have quite a pretty pair yourself," I speak, trying to tame the edge of my accent which surprisingly is not too hard. It all comes back to me, making pleasant conversation,appearing nothing but a traveler of no where.The young lady offers her snout, I bump it thoughtfully, pulling to escape the short sound that followed. I wished her excitement was catching, but I didn't know what was so good about meeting me. "May, I ask what lies behind these trees?" The query is spoken with curious raised ears, a glint of interest to my bright eyes as I cast my maw to the distance horizon.
Image Credits

Zdravilo Posts: N/A
Unregistered
I knew the answer to his questions instantaneously. I had basically asked those questions when I had first come here on a chilly Orangemoon day. "May, I ask what lies behind these trees?" She looked him over quickly, before she let her odd orbs fall on his. This blue horse might be able to be swayed towards the basin, which is a plus. Well, Fawkes, I come the Aurora Basin. That is an all unicorn herd, and The Lord and Lady are Mauja and Psyche. Many are racist there, but I'm not and I still fit in perfectly. The unicorns are the exiled Edge." I paused for a moment letting him soak up the information I'd given to him. I wondered if I should be a little bias, or crafty. "Then there is the Windtossed Foothills in whom we are allied with. They are made up into two group, and led by two mares. I do not know much about them, but they seem kind of well rounded." I paused again. I lacked a good amount of knowledge about the other two herds, but I'd give the stallion as much as I knew. "Then there is World's Edge which I know not much of. Then there is the Dragon's Throat. We, or the Aurora Basin, have tension with them."

Letting her small smile fade for just a moment, she spoke. "I advise you to join us. I feel as though you'd fit in perfectly." My smile came back as I said the word perfect. I groaned for a second as I realized something, and spoke up. "Though I am not able to go into the Aurora Basin personally, I can drop you off at the border. I've been banned by the Earth God. In the turn of Frostfall, I'll be able to re-enter." I shot him an apologetic glance. This was how I would have to get my companion, and I could complain to the god about it, but I didn't want a bad reputation. "Oh, I almost forgot! There are also the wilds which are unclimbable territories. There are, Heavenly Fields, Thistle Meadow, Secret Grove, Helovia's Heart, Deep Forest, Frozen Arch, Endless Blue, and Frostbite Steppe. If you have any questions, please do ask." She looked at him Happily. Maybe he'd have questions, maybe he wouldn't.

Unregistered

I patiently stand as she continues to look me over. I wanted to again say something about that, but I instead wondered if she knew where to begin. Her interesting colored eyes met mine swiftly, and she first told me of her herd land, leaders, and a bit that seemed like too much information. It hit him, did I give off some vibe I would fit in this place or was it merely the weapon I had been born with? Vilo had said she was not and fit in. All this I tried to cram into my tired head knowing it was important. Edge, Aurora Basin, and Mauja and Psyche. Knowingly she gave me a second to chew on this. I already knew I probably did not want to set a foot in this Basin. It was too much like the place I had traveled. I listened carefully, thinking the Foothills sounded like a better place, though did that mean they were only full of unicorns too? I had no idea, but knew I would find out. The other two places she knew less except for her own herd's relations. That made me want to avoid them as well, but I tried to tell myself I would have to keep an open mind. Maybe, I was better off alone.

My eyes took on light of interest, a raise to my brow when she had lost her smile. I had said nothing to offend her I thought. I had only nodded politely while tucking her words away so I wondered what she was about to tell me. I almost wish she hadn't said what she did. Perfectly. I was nothing close to that word, and thinking she did not know a thing about me but my outward appearance bothered me. In my opinion it seemed a bit stupid to want someone just for their horn, but perhaps it was merely the body with the horn. I was starting to wonder if she wasn't racist after all. There was something honest about her voice, and I remained thoughtful. She could take me there, but that was all so I doubted she would gain much by recruiting me. I gave no answer to this for a moment. My mask remained indifferent, and I pondered. There were scars about me, I was fit, a solider. I was sure I did not scream of a rebel Unicorn who had spilled blood, and lost his own.

"Thank you Vilo, I appreciate you telling me this. I'm not sure if I'm eager to join a herd right away, but I will keep the Aurora Basin, and you in mind," I smiled than, letting it soften my blue muzzle. Kindly, though she had told me enough, she let me know of other places that did not belong to any. That was a little strange to hear so many, but very good to know. I about felt she would give me a personal tour if I asked. "Will you tell me how I get to the Basin from here if I chose to go? Or even where you might be in the mean time?" I asked, keeping my tone even, and letting warmth into its depths. I was interested in it all, knowing in the end it might be my only choice. Zdarvilo had me interested, and I felt if I needed something it would be good to know where she was. This place might be a new face of hell, or it could be the resting grounds I sought.
Image Credits