the Rift

[OPEN] Trees Again

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
   Ranjiri</style>
  give me strength when i'm standing and faith when i fall</style>

Momma, did I ever tell you about the time that Ros got her horn stuck in a tree? Ha, yeah, she got her horn stuck in a tree. She'd probably kick my butt if she knew I was telling you about it. See, momma, she doesn't like to talk about it much. She says it's not important but I think it's because she embarrassed herself and that tree damaged a little bit of her self confidence.

I was off without you once again, I wish I could say that I had taken Bear with me but I left him behind. When I woke up you were already gone and Bear was still sleeping. It wasn't hard to sneak away from him, really. I was still small and my steps were light. I didn't make any noise trying to get away from him and I was really proud of myself for that. I made sure to be quiet until I was well out of his hearing range and then I ran with my small wings spread out at my sides, flapping occasionally. I think you know how I was always fascinated with the sky and flying so in my head I justified my sneaking away as flying practice. I had to get my technique down, you see.

I was lost in my running as I had started to race my shadow. Have you ever tried to race your shadow, momma? Don't bother you won't win that race. Anyways, I was lost in my running but not so lost that I didn't hear the thunk. I ignored it thinking that maybe a squirrel had missed its mark and hit a tree. I was right, kind of. Haha. Ros was a little squirrley after ramming her head into a tree. I didn't exactly notice Ros until after I rounded the tree and almost ran right into her. Looking back I'm glad I was able to stop in time because I probably would have broken her neck. Auntie Ophie wouldn't have been too happy about that even if it was an accident and I wouldn't ever forgive myself.

The first thing I did was laugh. Do you know how ridiculous Ros looked with her horn stuck in that tree? I wish I could paint you a picture. "Look at you!" I said between giggles, which I knew would only frustrate her, but how often was Ros in a situation that allowed anyone to laugh at or tease her? I pranced a circle around her and scooted in close so I could see how deep her horn was in the tree. I didn't think it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. We were capable young foals. "I can help you get outta there." I told her. "We just gotta pull at the same time." I know I sounded more confident than what I was, but still. I circled around behind Ros. "Ready?" I asked and waited for her to say yes. "Okay, when I say go." I waited a few seconds just to mess with her. "GO!" I shouted then grabbed her tail and pulled as hard as I could to free her.

I don't think Ros appreciated it too much but I still dug my hooves in and pulled.

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Trees Again - by Roskuld - 05-19-2013, 09:50 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Ranjiri - 05-20-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Soren - 05-27-2013, 11:36 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Roskuld - 05-30-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: Trees Again - by Ranjiri - 06-16-2013, 08:58 PM