the Rift

Lead Me Astray [Asylum] - Seele

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The forest was clothed in the whitest color. The top was a shade of blue which was easily mistaken for black in the night of bright lights. Water was frozen and the plants were beneath the snow. The pathway was invisible, but bound for a future for Florabella. Emerging from the trees whose sapling lives kept them together as a tight-knit group, the mare made haste to escape the final tidbits which caused her great misery.

Muscles ached as legs moved across the snowy terrain. The pinto mare had long forgotten what isolation had done to her, but the stress; which burned relentlessly, had ceased to completely since her journey. A long chapter: it came to a close. Relief spread all through the exhausted one down from her head to her hooves. It was the biting cold which consumed the vulnerable areas of her fur - which lacked the winter coat due to the land of no winters. Florabella had heard of cold weather such as this, but the name failed to leap into her memories. It was surprising she knew the weather with the fuzzy reminders she had to tell herself often. As much as curiosity prodded at her, she decided against asking another - if she managed to speak to one in this strange place - in case they insulted her.

In spite of the chill running down her spine, she twitched and moved forward. At least the dark shade of her coat offered some form of camouflage against predators. Genetics was a thankful part of herself, but it did not conclude to an euphoric state - not yet, anyway. It only offered half of what provided safety to whom whom she had felt feeble mentally and physically. It did not help much on how she viewed herself with a coat of shades on a bay equine with the white markings to conclude the uniqueness begotten on her.

A blue eye looked towards the new direction she would turn. Fear crept into her system where anxiety inhabited her as well. She was lost and alone, but did she truly ask for this journey? It probably had lead her astray with a fixed fantasy of viewing a new life as she drank the effects it had on her. It began to wore off as reality pulled her back into its world of a frozen land.

---
[@Seele]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
Oh. There had been too many times coming back down here in search for more recruits. None more appealing than the last. It was about time I started to make these recruits begin to bring in others. I was not enjoying the trek down with all of this chill nipping at my skin. It was not that I didn't enjoy the chill - the chill and the shadows were where my spirit could flounce. I enjoyed the idea of being able to scare others so easily as the winter winds made it seem as though someone was following and the shadows provided ample cover for my frame to stay out of sight in. It was who I was, and I would never change that.

So I shuffled forward, and continued as such until I had caught sight of another equine travelling through the lands. What was this? Was this, perhaps, another recruit? It seemed as if this one, who seemed to be a mare, was struggling to continue moving. Her legs shuffling as though the muscles were beginning to ache upon her frame and fight against every little step which was pulled and pushed into the correct position.

The mare was twitching and edging forward. Good. She had some guts and drive. She wasn't allowing the weather to take a hold of her with it's freezing tendrils trying to lock her up and pull her to a frozen death of shivering and painful numbing. No, she would continue to move forward, head twisting ever so slightly to the side as she began to decide just where to head to next.

My feet continued to glide upon the frost covered ground, careful to stay hidden in the shadows that most seemed to avoid in order to attempt to hide from their fears. As if, for some reason, clinging to the barely illuminated land would protect them from the monsters who enjoyed lurking in the shadows - the monsters under the bed or lurking in the closets. The monsters were everywhere, no one could change them. You have too much fun in these shadows, mein kleine. I would suggest you learned to stay in the light and help people, came Innerste as I swished my tail. Oh. Fine. The mare seemed to have enough self-control to at least come out and speak with.

A grumble escaped my maw until I had shuffled from the shadows and into the amber glow of the lantern a few feet ahead of the mare I had been stalking. "Lost?" I questioned, tilting my head to the side with a sense of amusement flickering in my eyes. "It's not safe to be alone in Frostfall or the dark. And unfortunately, I cannot promise any days of light appearing anytime soon, nor can I promise any of this chill to go away, kleine." I let out an airy laugh that bounces off of the trees.

"Now what has brought you here, mein kleine? Seeking a new home?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow as my yellow eyes locked upon the creature before me. My horn glinting in the light as the evil smirk that was always inside of me surfaced. "The home I have to offer, is for that of the misfits of society." I purred, slight poison dripping from my maw as the foreign accent of harsh consonants upon the German words curled into the sky and toward her ears.

I had a home. Now, to have the proof that this mare was meant to join us there...

600 words
@[Florabella]
andd post here with what you'd like her to become once she's officially in! <3
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Unregistered
It had been a long time since the pinto had encountered another being. The smells, the appearance and the personalities were all different - different enough it was hard to determine any pattern in their behavior. The isolation made it much more difficult, and made her more weary of any encounters. In fact, her old life consisted of those questioning her behavior when she failed to recall what had happened then. The thought made her nauseous and steadied herself as she stopped in the middle of the threshold.

Her ears flicked forward; catching on to something unusual. She was close to dropping the idea, but she spooked at the sudden voice. Florabella was certainly not in danger, right? Her body froze as still as the ice and her nostrils flared before she slowly turned her head towards the source of the voice. Whites of her eyes showed, but it focused in on the equine-shaped creature approaching and talking to her. It was an experience she had never expected in long time, but she eyed suspiciously yet nervously.

She nodded sheepishly, "Yes, I'm ... not sure where I'm at." Her eyes darted around with an inability to look straight in the other horse's unusually-colored eyes (which she had noted, but wasn't sure if she saw it improperly).

Frostfall... No light. She frowned at how the name finally made sense, but the lack of sunlight would likely eat at her later. It did not help that the last part had a familiar ring, a part of her German bloodlines left unnoticed, but curiosity wanted to know the meaning in spite of what it could stand for. Her curiosity grew as a horn gleamed from on top of their forehead. Her life was surrounded by horses, but this was a type she couldn't figure out herself.

Home... A wave of guilt tightened in her gut. She wasn't sure how reckless she had become when she left her family. She wasn't sure how it even happened and why - too fuzzy. However, the mare needed a herd. "I-I'm looking for a new home. I only trust my self on where to travel and I ended up here."

Florabella did not enjoy being referred to as a misfit, but the one-horn mare was willing to accept her. The tone was an odd one, but the words were what interested her more.
---
@[Seele]
OOC//This is me pretending I know how to walk in Florabella's hooves. Heh, I wish! I'll make sure to look at the ranks and see what sounds fitting.

Abba
Not sure where she was at. Oh how cute. "No one is. You've walked into a land of nightmares, mein kleine." I purred, eyes glinting in amusement. It was amusing, to me, that I could not get her to meet my eyes. "It is not safe in a world of nightmares. Anyone could come out and snap at you without warning." I continued on, only pausing a little to allow the mare to continue to take in the land around us.

Then, I explained how the sun was gone and the chill was definitely here. She still seemed horribly confused. Her body trembling and shifting in place as she seemed to figure out her emotions. And then, she finally spoke. Yes. She was looking for a home.

"Good. I can take you to mine. But be warned. Some are blood-thirsty. Some just want to help. And others prefer to scare each living creature that crosses their path." I explained, a laugh slipping off of my lips. You do not know what she is like, now... came the voice of Schwere in warning. So, shuffling my position a little to the side I began to peer at the mare before me.

"What is your name, mein kleine. And please, do tell me a little about yourself." I asked, tilting my head a little to the side in an inquiring look. "I am Seele, by the way." It would be fun. And I would finally have a new recruit to add to our ever growing list.

268 words
@[Florabella]
This is me attempting to act like i don't have too many threads XD
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Unregistered
Nightmares. She felt she already saw a nightmare flourish in a form of a one-horned mare. It did not help as the emphasis had bunched her neck, but it was the truth that this world was not kind. Her neck stretched out, but she kept her eyes low and carefully directed towards the other mare; belated in noticing how odd the texture was that of their hooves which clopped on the ground. It was almost she was in a bizarre dream where her creative side broke free.

Her ears drooped in the way the warning was described. The worst seemed to capture her immediately before she ever attempted to ignore the rest. A laugh followed afterwards and two different colored eyes widened. She snorted a bit. Florabella did not need help! A home was all she needed. Avoiding the other horses would help; no fights, no bloodshed. She managed to lift her eyes somewhat more than usual - wearily.

Seele was the stranger's name. Seele could easily become her savior in this world. The pinto was so exhausted and thankful it was hard to think clearly on what possibly could endanger her. No doubt the mare was strange, but judging too hastily was the last objective on her mind. "My name is Florabella." She lifted her head as she spoke with what power she had before shyly twisting her head elsewhere. "I came from another land, but I don't remember how... or why... I'm only four, though! I don't know why I cannot recall what my life was like."

Florabella's voice strained with distress, but she attempted to relax, still mentally furious with herself.

@[Seele]
OOC//I find it hard to juggle a lot of threads. Of course, I grew up on usually getting replies days later with a procrastinating muse, so... xD

Abba
Yes. I had officially scared the mare. It was apparent from the way she was lowering her head and almost trembling in her boots. She didn't know what to believe. And she was slowly breaking apart. It was horribly amusing to me, the one who enjoyed instilling these nightmares even if I was not the main feature of them. I just enjoyed seeing them trembling in place as they attempted to figure out what to do.

She raised her head, eyes of two different colours widening as she let out a snort. This is cruel. Cruel! Innerste chastised me but I laughed it off. Confusion seemed to float through her eyes for a second as she worked through the information of which I had offered to her before she began to offer her name. "Pleasure to meet you, Florabella." I responded before she started to babble on about not remembering anything.

So she couldn't remember where she was from or why. All she knew was that she was four years of age, her name, and that she was from somewhere different. "Well then. We shall have to work on sparking those memories, shan't we?" I mused before gently bumping her shoulder with my maw. "Come, this way, Florabella. Your home awaits," I directed before beginning to trot off in the direction of the marshes and the cadavers. As my hips swung along I allowed my voice to rise and call back to her. "Movement will keep you warm. And this herd will keep you relatively safe. I am one of the leaders. I think you will find it accommodating enough." and with that we were headed toward The Asylum.

@[Florabella]
Thread done with your closing post!
And I'll post for your rank change so you can post everywhere else!
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Unregistered
Florabella was clearly at a loss of how she began to babble, and softened her voice when she realized what she was doing; belatedly with a sheepish expression. Seele seemed to understand with her own, friendly-sounding addition to her words. "N-Nice to meet you too." She replied with a minor stutter.

Even if she attempted to appear nice and friendly, it did not hide the bunched up look on her face as if she was forcing herself into a trance. It was a vulnerable state and very easily, she was out of it even with the bump towards her shoulder. "My home..." The mare murmured with relief. No doubt; she was still terrified, but more at ease than the unsure, past version of herself before the world plunged into darkness and her conscious had failed her plenty of times before. Trusting herself was a hard thing, but it sounded wrong to trust someone else so easily.

Yet, trust she did. She followed Seele and nodded silently at the tip. Frostfall was the name of this weather? Her shoulders shrugged as her fur began to accept the low temperature. It was still discomforting, but it was better to move around than to freeze to death while standing still. Mentally, she felt a sense of warmth of a herd to return to. It was not enough to do much justice for her health, but within, a sickness had swept away her ability to socialize without embarrassing herself.

Surely the first impression its leader had of her was not a bad one. Florabella felt she would be here for a long time.

---
OOC// Fin.