the Rift

Play no games. | Assassins or Basin

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

I was like a dot of black ink on a white canvas. I was...ruining the perfectness, the cleanness, the purity. I was odd. I didn't belong here but then, had I ever really belonged anywhere? My mind ticks back to the humans, to my mother, to my brother, to the wild. I had only ever belonged in one place then I suppose, the wild, the jungle I was born into. Trees had reached up for the stars at night, and the light in the day, there twisted trunks coated in rough bark. Vines hung down like the body of a snake, blowing in the winds so that sometimes, you thought they were snakes. The ground, it was hard, sprinkled in soil and dust, soft on the pads on your paws. That was where I belonged. More persifically, the temple that lay in its ruins. Many times I had been caught playing there as a cub but now, now I did not dance. Nor did I play. I was not home, I had never been home except for a short year of my low life.

The trees here, they were thinner, not so dense, and coated in white frost. Where I came, it didn't snow. It was always humid, even in the colder seasons. My dark head turns back to look behind. Beyond my shadowed body and swishing tail I can see the paw prints trailing out behind me. With a small gruff noise I turn to look forward again, to being a black dot on the white canvas, without emotion, without caring, without knowing. I didn't know where I was, nor did I care. To me this was a failed jungle. In no way was it full of life like home was and in no way did I wish to stay. There was nothing here, nothing.

My thoughts wander of to that of my brother, Singha. He was nothing but a worthless, patterned rug, maybe used to decorated a room in a human house. In my front right leg, the naked bit of skin from the bullet wound he had left me to seemed to shout out, crying for attention. That's all my little brother was, a worthless attention seeker, a scab, completely useless. I was ashamed of him. He brought shame to the tigers, shame to our mother, our father, shame to me. For some reason I kept forgiving him but this time he had left me un able to do anything for my self for weeks whilst he ran of in fright. The marking on my head, our family of four shared it but his should have been shaved of, long, long ago.

I keep prowling though the trees, able to weave my way though them until I cam to an icy pool. I was surprised it was not frozen over but I was relived to. Although cold, although I hadn't talked in weeks, my throat was sore. Gently I lower my noble head, my tongue licking across the surface of the water, slowly drinking it up. It was like ice, trickling down my throat like the tickling of a feather. My eyes were shut, I breathed slowly, a misty white fog coming from my nose which was coated in a thin layer of a wet substance. Suddenly, my eyes open, blood red orbs darken, tracing a rabbit. Its fluffy tail disappeared behind a bush and I make a low rumbling growl, a warning. If it came closer, its life would be cut short.

"Talking" Thinking

OOC: This is for the Assassins or the Basin, depending who can persuade him the most :3

Table By Baylee

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Accalia was walking back in the Threshold with thoughts rapidly racing through her mind. The Assassins. A band that she was already pledging her allegiance to needed her help. Their leader, Ignita was captured, and she needed to get her back. But with what army? The Assassins were scattered, and even though she was no leader of the group, she felt the need to take control momentarily until the righteous spot was retaken by Ignita. First, she had to recruit more horses, and persuade them to help her. Then they could secretly go into the World's Edge. If there were any more captured members, Ignita could lead Accalia and probably the other helpers to re take what was theirs. It sounded like the ideal plan, but she needed others to accompany her.

Snow was frosting the ground, and the fae was finally blending in with her surroundings instead of sticking out. Out of the blue, a growl was heard, not wolf like, but almost like a feline. Accalia froze, scared as she saw a tiger emerge and kill a rabbit before her. As pallid as snow, as still as a tree Accalia uttered not a single sound, but finally mustered the courage to speak. What Assassin was she if she couldn't defend herself. But this was a tiger. A feared cat, a giant killing machine. Taking a step closer, blinking hoping it wouldn't turn on her she spoke. "Hello there", Accalia spoke with a calm, voice pushing out all of the fear. "I am Accalia, part of the Assassins band, and I am seeking to rescue are leader. Are you in need of...an affiliation, Sir?" She questioned, the words spilling out of her mouth.

Banned
Roo

My growl was like the rumbling of thunder. It was enough to send colts and fillies running back to their mothers and fathers, cowering behind their beloved parents. It could send a shiver of fear down the boldest of stallions. But then, you must remember, a tiger is the definition of fear. That was unless you were my coward of a brother of course. He could scare nothing. Filly or fly. I had let the worthless life of a rabbit escape with its life, its fluffy white tail dyed red slightly however, the thunderous growl continued to roll of my tongue.

I unclenched my paws, five silvery claws extending from beneath the black fur. Looking at them for a second, I then drag them along the frosted ground, five long, deep lines cutting into the soil. My eyes had closed again, my growling dampening slowly until the world fell to silence. I was left to my own thoughts, claws still out, water ripping beside me, eyes closed. I would stay here for just a while, just a break of an hour or two, then leave and never come back. I would leave this place behind me like I had every other place, a fraction of my traveling and history.

My peace is disturbed though. A growing smell from afar had grown closer until, without even opening my eyes, I knew a female horse was standing close, the other side of the small pool to be exact, just a few meters away. My eyes opened, blood red orbs flashing a dark shade, focusing intensely on the girl. She was young. Tall. Blending with the white surroundings. I was older. Smaller. Sticking out from the surroundings. When she talks I make no expressions, just watch and listen.

There was no doubting the small trace of fear. It was like a thin line in her voice but then inside her it exploded. It didn't surprise me. I seemed to have that impression on everyone. Sir. It was not the first time I had been called such a name and I couldn't deny how good I felt about it. To be called sir was a name of respect, something this female understood.

I slowly rise to all fours, stretching out a bit but my eyes not leaving her. After stretching I stand still. Awkwardly I say my name in a short, gruff sentence. "Kumal." As I speak my eyes fall to the ground before returning upon her. Then everything went silent again. Assassins. It sounded dangerous, they sounded dangerous but I was still not fully convinced by her words. Darkly I say "And what would make me want to join this band of Assassins? How would I be benefit? Would I be feared?" I loved to be feared, it was as simple as that.

Table By Baylee

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Infuriated, the tiger did not catch the rabbit. Clawing the ground with his massive claws, having rage masked on his face. Accalia almost took a step back, trying to imagine the size of his fangs, but she refused to budge because of her fear. She would stand tall and proud, for she was an Assassin and that was her job. Staring back down at the wretched marks in the soil, Accalia looked the tiger in the eye, something valiant, dangerous, and absolutely crazy. What kind of risk was she taking? An insane task. But by doing this she was proving the tiger that the affiliation she belonged to was strong, proud and did not back down by any kind of danger.

After my brief blurb of words, the tiger rose, and even though he was half my height, he made up for that in his massive length. Kumal, was his name. I observed his powerful cat body; Powerful legs, packed with muscular, a lean body, an elegant tail. Somehow Accalia actually envied the lad for being such a feared beast. The white fae wished for a strength like his, the ability to have piercing claws instead of hooves that appeared blunt compared to his deadly weapons.

The lad looked down again, and the mare almost felt pity for him. Why was the cat so downcast? She almost lost all fear, taking a step closer towards him as he spoke again. "How? We are a mighty band, already feared in a herd known as the World's Edge. We have skilled horses, and as we recruit we grow in numbers", Accalia spoke, anger and passion rising in her voice. This herd needed her. They would prosper. Accalia would make sure of that. "You would benefit with new herdlands after we get enough numbers to conquer," Accalia proudly spoke. "And what else you want to know? Will you be feared?" she gave out a chuckle. "Horses will be terrified by you. Kumal, you would bring a legacy to the Assassins. You would be our powerhouse, our warrior. You will be honored for your services, and you will be feared. ", Accalia spoke convincing words, awaiting his reply.

Banned
Roo

As a child I never wished to be feared. I had wished to be loved, like any other hero of the story would want. I remember lying under the canvas of stars dreaming, dreaming of the future. It was once so great, so bright and colorful but it shattered like glass and burnt like paper and the path to darkness lured me in like a child to sweets. My brother had also had dreams of greatness but they were never as vivid or great as mine. I had planned it out, from the perfect girl to the greatest son to continue the legacy. But none of that ever happened.

She takes a step closer. I growl. I had been kind enough not to treat her as prey and allowing her as close as she had been, she would just have to learn not to push the boundaries with me, to know how much I could tolerate. As well as that, to know how tasty she looks to me. I liked my space, if I could I would have an invisible wall around me, but I couldn't so a warning with have to do. I was not a creature to be walked over, just because I let someone into me, it does not mean there a friend or anyone I trusted, just that I was giving them a chance.

Hopefully one warning should be enough. After the brief warning my growl ceases to continue, allowing her to speak. Her voice was made up of passion, anger and hope. I learnt quickly though that the Assassins did not yet have a land to call their own but I suppose that was all in the fun of being a mighty band (as she called it) and working your way up and then victoriously taking a land for your own. I knew that I would enjoy the thrill of joining this band but I have never planned to stay here but then...maybe I would make my name. That was it.

I would live my childhood dream, in a darker way.

She confirmed I would be feared, as well as a legacy of the Assassins so maybe I would stay, and I would make my name. Looking at her dead in the eye for the first time, my bloody and cold hard stare could almost be mistaken for a cruel smile although my lips did not move, not even twitch. "I will follow. But I warn you, if you Assassins are not who you turn out the be then my fury will be felt." And I could say nothing more.

Table By Baylee