Soleil the Virtuous Posts: 40
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 11
ali

S O L E I L
Does it have to start with a broken heart
Broken dreams and bleeding parts

"Mother!"

Soleil turned quickly, expecting to see some predator that she hadn't noticed coming after her youngest child, but it was only the two of them. She watched, her stomach twisting into knots as he slipped toward the water's edge, but with a twist of his body he saved himself and skittered to the safety of her side. The pale mare's head lowered and she ran her muzzle over her son's dainty body, checking him for any injury he might have suffered and finding none. She needed to pay more attention to him unless she wanted to lose him like she did Cael and Tyradon. Her heart clenched and she tucked Soren closer to her side.

"I don't know." She answered Soren's question. She wasn't entirely sure she wanted to find out why they were in the water or what put them there. She hadn't believed the whispers she'd heard in passing about the marsh, but just the creepy atmosphere was beginning to make her believe it. "Stay close to me, Soren." She said as she began to walk again, just a few steps deeper into the marsh before she stopped.

What was that noise? The mare waited, ears strained forward, but there was no other sound aside from the buzz of mosquitoes and her son's quiet breathing.

Maybe she'd just imagined it.

A shudder rippled through Soleil that she tried to suppress. There was no need to frighten her son just because she was beginning to be spooked by the marsh she had wandered blindly in to. Her tail flicked and she turned back in the direction they had come from. The sun was beginning to set and it would be dark sooner rather than latter. "Would you like to have a race, Soren?" She asked. There was no better way she could think of to get out of the marsh before sunset. She'd just make a game out of it to keep from frightening her son.

ooc://ugh, so out of practice with soleil :<

Credits

Messages In This Thread
everything i possessed - by Soleil - 05-20-2013, 08:25 PM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soren - 05-25-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soleil - 05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: everything i possessed - by Soren - 05-27-2013, 11:56 PM