the Rift

[OPEN] Only If I Know, [ELIZABETH]

Cierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 21o18n.png]
So beautifully they make you, kill

The air felt light even though it was full of frozen water flakes. High above my head the clouds rolled dauntlessly, moseying by like they had nothing else to do. Which, I guess realistically they didn't. My green flecked eyes watched thick flakes drop to the already white earth with easy, finding their place like small puzzle pieces that all fit together perfectly. I had flown here, reluctantly, after a long wait in the Throat. The heat was just far too much for me. The consideration of change was always weary in the front of my brain.

Cloven black hooves left strange prints in the powdery substance that coated the permafrost land. Did it always snow here, or was this just the occasional happening? It seemed that everything was ice, for the most part. As I walked on, my long black tail brushed across my hawks, swaying back and forth steadily with the rock of my body. My massive black wings hung easily at my sides, the long flight feathers dragging in the deeper drifts of snow as I stepped over them.

The air became more and more bitter, almost burning my dry lungs as I moved further into the land by foot. Completely unaware of the natural happenings of cold land, I finally noticed clouds spilling from my nostrils as I breathed. The vapor faded into the air just as fast as I had seen it. Delighted, my long legs stopped me in my tracks. I let each breath drag longer than usual, nearly going cross eyed as I watched the strange occurrence. The Throat was far too dry for my liking, especially now that I head learned of this new trick.

I stood in dead silence for a while, watching the steam roll from my hot body as well as simply taking in the harsh cold. Under my very thin coat I could feel bumpy black skin crawling into goose bumps. My muscles began shivering in my hind quarters and shoulders, though I really didn't mind.

walk walk walk || "talk talk talk" || think think think

(Ooc || Shitty post es shitty and random, sorry. :()