the Rift

[JUDGED] Into the Fire [Andromeda]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

A N D R O M E D A
If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
-- Frank A. Clark

The coarse edge of my primaries meet no resistance. A flicker of disappointment flashes through my body, a little twist of my heart. I shouldn't be so disappointed, not that petty, but I'm embarrassed to say I am. While my competitive side was rare, it was there- I wanted to win, I wanted to show up this stallion. I was still young, after all, and relatively inexperienced to someone like Kri. Now, the Commander was someone I admired. She was a warrior, a bold and logical fighter, and she knew what she was doing, incredibly knowing in her job. I hope that I could spar with her one day- I would love for her to teach me and help me hone my skills. I was a sergeant. I needed to be there to help train soldiers and do my best to protect the herd, no matter how tough it might be. Surely it would be worth the blood and sweat in the end to be able to face down mighty opponents like the Sultana could.

He pulled away from me, even quicker than I expected, and a soft grunt escaped my lips. Even as I lashed out, I knew it would be a stretch, but it must not have been too far, for my hind hooves landed squarely on his shoulder. Triumph surged over the former disappointment, only strengthening my resolve to do well.

Once again I evaluated his size and litheness. It would be so very difficult to rely on any physical comparisons. The subtleties in our variations would hardly factor into the fight. In other words, I must be quick to think and think creatively! I tried staying light on my feet. If I were to try and simply use my bulk, it would be very difficult to shift out of the way quickly and efficiently. Energy conservation was another important part of battle, especially in extended battles or, gods forbid, war. Managing more simple movements if possible would be better than elaborate circling and shifting and intricate dance.

He puts distance between us, and another little jolt of joy strikes me. I laugh quietly, reveling in the wondrous feeling of being at ease, running and frolicking. Even as I shift, pivoting on my hindquarters to face him once more, he charges head on at me. My eyes trail over his handsome form, marveling at the green edge of his wings. He was rather handsome, wasn’t he? I wondered what his name was. The gentle scent of forests and mountains heralded him from being in the Foothills, but that didn’t give me any clue to what title his parents had gifted him with.

This moment of distraction leaves me realizing of his charge later than I would hope.

Green- I decided to call him- shifted to my left, coming to a halt. It was this stop that allowed me to hop away, muscles tensing as my body curled into an awkward crescent, bulging away from him, left legs coming together while my right legs braced myself. My ears are not pinned- I enjoy this too much- instead slanted back, even as I shift my left wing up and pull it back. His teeth graze my median under wing coverts, plucking three dark shadowed feathers. I squeal, half in pain and half in insult. Think of it, humans, like a clump of hair being pulled from your skull. It’s a small pain, but a hard one, stinging dreadfully.

I know a couple of missing coverts won’t hurt my flying, however.
As he begins moving forward again, Green lashes out at my left hind cannon bone. Knowing the fragility of my leg bones, I inwardly curse him and his scummy low blow, even if Cirrus probably could heal me in a jiffy. Instead, I pop up my hindlegs, crow-hopping a step or two away, and I whirl around, watching him leap to the blue skies. My wings snap open, ready to pursue, and up I jump up. I’ve never fought aerial before- I hope I will do okay.

I flap my wings hard, hoping to gain more altitude than him so I may drop down from above. The sky is somewhat clear, a light brisk breeze a-blowing. If I manage to rise above him, I will try to drop and swish my tail in his face, before moving upwards again. On the other hand, if I can’t get above him, I’ll trying knocking upwards with my right wing to his left, to push him off balance and send him flailing downwards.

WC: 761
Summary: Okay, so a little uncertain about how aerial would work, but in any case... Andromeda curves away from him, lifting up her wing, so his teeth catch a couple of feathers rather than the joint. Then she crow-hops (jumps sideways), avoiding the kick at her legs. When she takes to the sky, I didn't want to say she got higher or lower than him (not sure if that would be powerplaying or not?). So if she gets above, then she'll drop down and flick her tail in his face, then rise. If she falls below, she'll try and come up even to him and knock him in his left wing, so pushing him off-balance and maybe forcing him into free-fall.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Murdock - 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Andromeda - 05-27-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Murdock - 06-04-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Andromeda - 06-17-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Murdock - 06-23-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Andromeda - 07-03-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Murdock - 07-17-2013, 05:33 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Andromeda - 07-22-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: Into the Fire [Andromeda] - by Official - 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM