the Rift

[OPEN] Maybe Things Are Different [birthing]

Angora Posts: 71
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15hh :: Died at 6yo Buff: NOVICE
Vallie
Ah, so here it was, Thistle meadow. I knew why I was here. I needed to birth, but the process was a wretched one, and I didn't know if I'd want to. Yet, I knew it wasn't an option. Mother Nature would take her course and push me into the pain. This would be my second child. My first had been a still born. Anyways, here I was. In an instant I feel the cramps in my side, and slight kicks. I pinned my ears back and halted. I decided where to have this foal, not the other way around. Lifting my muzzle I sniff the air solemnly. I had to make sure no predators were here. I'd be tragic if I have birth then the foal got eaten.... or I did. No, I would do this well. I
kneel down. This foal was just going to choose, now wasn't he or she?

Who cared, I was in pain.

Letting my rump drift to the ground, also I got ready for birth. I let a soft groan lace into the air. I blacked out a little. What the fuck was this?! I tried hard to stay awake for this. I wanted to say awake, no, I needed to. And then it came. The rain, no more like monsoon. It came down fast and with vengeance. I decided to get this child out, and quickly. She had to get the poor child out.

Damnit! Why Sandman have to be so huge!

She screamed in her mind. The sky turned black and grey, lightning flickered in the clouds. Her coat quickly soaked with water. One moment it was sunny, and she was alone, but now, it rained and she was no longer alone. A warm body lay next to her. Angora cuddle the colt next to her "Umbri, welcome to the world." She brought his scrawny form closer. He was gorgeous, and she was proud he came from her loins. Smiling, she licked him softly.

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
And the fairytales are all made of lies and broken dreams

That was how he found her, out in the storm, cradling a colt to her side. It was an accident that he stumbled upon the duo, the mother and son whose lives he had already meddled with(though he knew not that the child was his, not yet, for the mother was a succubus and the boy could belong to any stallion who had caught her eye). Uncertainly, he approaches, unknowing of how his presence will be received. Had the mare been fairer, painted cream and gold, blue eyes filled with innocence and wonder, he would have strode up with certainty, for he has long held the same role to that particular princess. But this one is not her, is shaded in bronze and shadow instead of sunlight and snow, and so he hesitates, waiting for permission to come closer(or perhaps she will drive him away, having no care for his silver tongue and ardent caresses). He, the self-proclaimed knight, and prince, and lord, or whatever other title suits him best, pauses and keeps a respectful distance, silent and still.

In the gloom, he allows his eyes to roam over the lady and her newborn, taking in both familiar and strange features. She has not changed much, he thinks, for she is still beautiful, even sweaty and soaked, dark mane laying limp and tangled with mud. Perhaps it is her magic, projecting into his mind without conscious thought, shifting his brain into believing her magnificent. Or maybe not. It is another thing that he does not know(and he realizes now that he doesn't know much at all, not really, and that burns him inside, though he does not allow it to show).

Next, the boy, the spindly creature curled at her belly who may or may not be his. It is hard to tell exactly what color he is, darkened by the lack of light and unrelenting rain, but it seems to be a dark reddish gold, marred by slightly lighter stripes upon the withers(or perhaps that is simply a trick of the light, he can't be certain). The stark white of his legs and face are easy to see though, socks and a blaze startlingly bright against the dim background. He could be another pretty face, another brilliant incubus, once grown, except for his awkward build, skinny with hooves and head too large to fit properly. He notices feathers around those hooves, and again wonders if they were passed from him(it would make sense of a kind, for the child is not delicate, but big and rough).

This takes only a few seconds to see, and he still waits for the mare to either permit him to step closer, or banish him. Strangely, he thinks the second option would bother him, though he does not know why(again, ignorant and confused. He will spend much of his life this way, he believes, and again it hurts).

Maybe, just maybe, he hopes to claim a family.

Deceased
Vallie
It was me and Umbri.

Only the softest of drizzles seemed to hit the foal. I covered him to the best of my ability, though I wasn't to successful so I have him my warmth. I would not force him to stand now. The grass was slippery and his frail legs wouldn't be able to sustain his body. The awkward shape of his body led me to suspicion. I wanted to know why he was so awkwardly shaped. Was his sire really that big? I mean I had believed that while he was on top of me, physically crushing me. Though that stallion had proven that I was indeed not infertile. I was merely unlucky. It wasn't everyday a mare could have a foal, and I knew my small frame would need rest before working again.

Though the quiet didn't last as long as I had suspected, I wasn't totally angry. Just frustrated. Stallions seemed drawn to birthing mares. It was so weird. Though through the rain I could see his gold bode, I couldn't tell whether it was him or not. Despite my stomach starting to knot and turn, my nostrils decided it was him.

After a moment, he stood infront of me.

I watched him for a moment, dazed. He was on top of me. How I was still alive was a miracle. Though I didn't enjoy close quarters. As he edged closer, my audits flattened with in a flicker of light. "Don't you dare come closer, stallion." A sense if raw power in her words. A piece of advice was, don't get a mare with foal angry. I snort out at him, furious. He was no gentleman in my book. I was bitter to him, and always would be. Our one night stand was something I'd rather not remember, though if the boy decided to step closer he'd be under the influence.

"This is your foal, but if you come any god damn closer to it I may just scratch you eyes out." It was no lie. She'd threaten stallions for there balls, so she was being kind to say only eyes.

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo
It was interesting enough the conversation that he had with Angora the other night, but as soon as he went away for an hour or two to get food for them, she gives birth. He can't believe he missed the whole thing. He was walking, carrying a mouth full of grass with him for his hungry beloved, and there they were; his beautiful dun lying on the ground with an equally chestnut and golden color, then his "best" friend who was the one that was the father instead of him. His own feelings about the situation were calm at best, but now that he saw him standing there, his own anger started to make his blood boil, at least until he heard her speak. There was a tone of voice that he had never heard from her before, and if he could have, he would have smiled.

His mate was beautiful when she was angry, even if it was at him, and he lithe muscles rippled with tense anger. The foal was a male, a beautiful boy, and he was happy that she was fertile. Though, he could say anything until his grass delivery was complete of course. He walked past the chestnut stallion, approaching Angora and dropping as much grass as his large mouth could, eating the rest because he wouldn't let it go to waste. He smiled at her, a light in his green eyes only for her.

"Ah darling, relax. You just gave birth, you need to calm yourself, or you'll get your body overworked and the foal scared. Here is your grass, I'm sorry I wasn't here when you gave birth. Sandman, how nice to see you. I see you've been quite busy, have you not? Though I can't blame you, my mare is quite the stunner, and I deserved this. I'm just glad she's fertile. Tell me, where have you been? I haven't seen you since we started to travel around, and I walked away, and you were gone! Funny how things happen like that, hm? Oh right, tell me dear, who is this little fella? He's gorgeous, just like his mother."

He when to nuzzle her, staring at the child, wishing it was his own. Perhaps soon he would be able to have a child with her like Sandman had so easily, and he was almost jealous that he did. But after all, Angora's heart belonged to him, and what more could he ask for?

Loki
Demolition,self-destruction
What to annihilate, the age-old contradiction
Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
And the fairytales are all made of lies and broken dreams

Her ears pin, and he knows he is unwanted. It seems that she is angry, and he can't really blame her for it, not after he disappeared. Maybe, if he had stayed with her, she would be more welcoming, but he hadn't known she would bear a foal and had left, walked away without so much as a backward glance. And the boy is his, or so she tells him, and he has no reason to disbelieve her. Were he bold, he might have ignored her anger and approached anyway, confident in his greater size and strength, but he is not bold, is not the mask, and so retreats instead, giving the mare and colt more room, fading into a golden shadow in the storm.

Then comes another, this one also familiar, and he strides right up to Angora, fearless, certain that he is safe, and deposits grass before the prone mare, chiding her for her temper. Perhaps Loki will act as the father then, helping to raise and mold the colt(but what gives him the right? It's not Loki's, it's his, and he doesn't want to lose this child the way he lost Cat, doesn't want to be the absent father, not this time). So, even as his once companion speaks cordially, obviously pleased to see him, he quietly hates, seething with rage he refuses to release for fear of losing control. Instead, he hides behind the facade, slipping so easily into the role of friend that it almost disturbs him(how many others have seen this disguise, trusted it until the end? He doesn't know, but the number is huge and he hates that too). "Oh, you know, just going where my hooves take me and spending some time with Kanti and my daughter at the beach. And you?" It is all he can manage for now, and technically true(no reason to mention that 'family time' had been a chance encounter, and that he had blown it, that was his own business). Instead he listens as Loki addresses Angora again, asking about the boy(and he should have done that when he arrived, should have at least shown interest in his son, but no, he's ruined that too).

Sometimes he wonders if he'll ever get this family thing right. Somehow, he doubts it.

Deceased
Vallie
I was come, too calm even. Sandman was indeed a gentleman as he stepped away after my clear signs. Not just a moment later, Loki comes. My audits perk up as I see he had carried me a enormous mouthful of green grass. Nickering as he puts it infront of me, I stretch my gold neck out and let my black inky lips stretch out towards the green grass. Softly I take the grass in and grind it with my pearly molars. I hear them starting to speak, and I'm ok with that. I listened in with my ears flopping loosely around.

Loki's voice comes first as he made small talk, but then Sandman's voice comes. "Oh, you know, just going where my hooves take me and spending some time with Kanti and my daughter at the beach. And you?" Kanti?! Who is this mare he speaks of? I chew slower listening for an answer though it seems Loki is thinking. "Uh, how many foal do have?" Cocking her eyebrow she waits for her answer.

The queenly siren felt the rain slowing and now at a mere drizzle. Now was when my foal would walk. I drift my weight onto my haunches and propel myself forward so I can stand. The foal sits on the ground looking worried. I turn to him, both stallions here. I guess they'd both witness him starting to walk. I let my muzzle drop towards his small frame. Nudging him softly, but frequently. "His name is Umbri." I continued nudging him, but when he protested moving at stared at him. Within a spilt second my ears flatten and my tail starts lashing behind me. It seems my method worked for the foal rolled his eyes a lifted his hind end. I kept my muzzle by his trembling body. I knew foals had not much strength, so I was cautious.

I let a smile flicker onto my face.

OOC :: He's all yours now Shoikan.

Loki Posts: 73
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 :: 4
teeroo
Though I try to keep my jealously under wraps, in the end it ultimately fails. Sandman and I both know that we are secretly hating each other right now, both for different reasons, and I seethe, not exactly secretly. I was trying to be subtle, but at the same time, so my disdain. The foal, though adorable, was still his, and he thought I was probably going to help raise it. And that I would, but at the same time, he was probably jealous. He talked of Kanti and another child, and I had to agree with Angora. How many kids did he have? Now I had many, but that was none of his business, and it was far from the point of topic at the moment. I nuzzle my mate, giving him an eye while I do it, then I go to see the foal for the first time. I sniff him, a scent that flares into my nostrils where it will remain for a time so I can get used to his scent. He smells sweet, of wildness and of his mother, which makes me smile.

"Umbri is a beautiful name my darling, and a beautiful child from your womb to go with it. Though you used a rather poor excuse for a sperm donor, he is definitely worth the wait, don't you think? Hello Umbri, welcome to the world my sweet child. Get up, won't you? There is so much of the world for you to see. Come, follow me, you need to nurse."

I nuzzle him to stand as Angora tries to do the same, and I lightly nip at his rump that's in the air, so as to get him to stand up properly. This child seems to be a little weak, but having him stand up so he can nurse is the main priority.

Loki
Demolition,self-destruction
What to annihilate, the age-old contradiction
Credits
I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on Valentine's account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Loki and Angora, lines by tamme, colored by paddeh <3