the Rift

I'm ready for Anything

Zima Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The light bay mare walked confidently through the forest. Trees surrounded her on both sides. Shadows danced across her path. Her dark blue eyes scanned the area looking for anyone else who may have been around. But the only sound to be heard was the steady rhythmic beat of her hooves on the forest floor. She had no idea where she was, or what this land was called. She had recently left the homeland of her birth in search of a new life. She missed her siblings and family, but she knew that she had made the right decision. She wanted to find a herd. Other creatures like herself to befriend, and fight side by side with. She wanted a home.

She raised her elegant head; her long black curved up horn stabbing the air. She flared her nostrils. Suddenly she broke out into a full out gallop. Her long thin legs ate up the ground as if it weren't even there. The trees were a blur on both sides, and her mane whipped back into the wind. Her hooves pounded the ground fiercely.

Suddenly a small red bird flew into her path. Startled, she skidded to a halt, throwing dirt in all directions. She stared at it warily, annoyed at herself for being so foolish. She snorted with exhilaration as she watched it fly away. She hesitated. There was a deafening silence. She let out a long loud neigh, calling to anybody who may be out there. I'm ready for anything, she thought.

OOC: My posts usually aren't this short.

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie
Huyana slid between the trees like a phantom, her darkened winter rind melding into shadow; she was a study in fluidity, silent and graceful, moving through the dappled forest like the most steadfast of rivers. Purpose led her cloven hooves onward, stepping through dapples of murk and light, occasionally halting to admire some woodland flower or another. Winter was nigh on the horizon, shadowing the last vestiges of summer's bliss like some ominous cloud. Vagabonds would need a place to roost - the young and the feeble were, as well as the able-bodied. Being alone in the winter was a terrible thing; it could suck dry all traces of happiness in your heart, leaving you a cold and weary shell until spring's thaw.

The sun hung above the forest in a cloudless sky today, filtering through the dying leaves and evergreen needles, pooling on the forest floor in bright puddles. She loved the smell of autumn, brisk and crisp, aromatic and musky.

A call echoed through the trees, causing the rainchild to halt with alarm, her ears flicking to and fro as she tried to find its source. The forest soon fell into silence after the last memories of the sound died away, but Huyana hurried forward toward the call, slender dark legs barely grazing the ground. Before long, a girl came into view, a spidery light bay with eyes like pieces of jet. Without hesitation she came closer to the child, her blue gaze tracing the curve of the stranger's horn before settling comfortably on the bay's beryl eyes. "Good morning," Huyana said, her soft voice ringing out like the quiet babbling of a brook. A warm smile played across her lips, like the promise of summer days and rain.

Unregistered
Zima edged purposefully among the trees, still scanning the terrain with dark blue orbs. Sunlight filtered through the canopy of leaves creating shadows. The sun's rays reflected off of her light bay coat, making the mare seem golden. Her jet black forelock blew back in the crisp breeze that now whispered through the densely packed trees. Suddenly, she heard hoof beats behind her. Startled, she excitedly spun around to face a unicorn just like herself! Her heart hammered against her chest with excitement. Finally! The moment she had been waiting for! The mare was a blue roan color, and had a dark horn. She had a confident and sturdy look to her. Zima wondered if she came from a herd land. Or did she live by herself?

"Good Morning.", the mare said kindly and respectfully. Zima extended her muzzle out to her in a friendly greeting, and bowed her head respectfully.
"Hello! Good Morning to you as well! May I ask, what lies behind this wall of trees? Are there other creatures like you and me? Are there herd lands? Do you live close to here? Oh sorry for asking all these questions! My name is Zima, and I'm new here. It's nice to meet you."

Zima lowered her eyes; slightly embarrassed at bombarding the nice mare with so many questions. She didn't even know if she was welcome here or not. She had just had so so many questions that she wanted answered. She wanted to know more about this beautiful land. She pawed at the ground a little nervously, hoping she wasn't being too rude.

Huyana Posts: 83
Aurora Basin Scholar
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hands :: 7 years Buff: NOVICE
Krazie
A momentary flicker of caution kindles behind her eyes, watching the girl turn to meet her. She is bright with youth and excitement, and Huyana cannot help but let her lips tug into a smile for the child. The bitterness of age and time washes over the roan mare; it had barely been five summers since her begetting, but she felt as if an entire lifetime had passed over. Three homes found and lost, two causes joined and failed, so many lives extinguished for the silliest of reasons, but it still rained - raindrops still came down, pitter patter, as they ever did. If the storms could prevail, so could the rainchild, and if the sea still hummed with life, so could she.

The girl offered her name, and the rainchild could not decide whether it was foolish or brave; so much harm could be done with one's name - is it worth a moment of familiarity? She tilted her head, weighing the situation carefully. "You are in Helovia," Huyana answers quietly, leonine tail twitching with contemplation. "I dwell in the Aurora Basin, a haven for those with horns." Zima averted her gaze with obvious shame, and her eyes crinkled with a gentle smile. "Do not feel abashed for your questions child," they will be answered, one way or another. Huyana watched the girl for a moment before she drew back onto her haunches, searching for a path that led north; blue eyes groped for Zima's gaze. Follow.

Unregistered
*Zima follows Huyana*