Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
Well you don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now I'm a man
Who won't let himself be

It had been far too long since Mesec had seen his mother with his own eyes. In fact, aside from the first tender month or so of his life, he'd only ever seen her once, and it hadn't been for more than a minute or two while she granted his father the magic he sought. He'd hoped that their short reunion would spark a sort of interest in his mother; maybe she would visit him more often, he had once thought, but that had quickly turned out not to be true. The fact that she had not even come at the most trying time of his young life had been upsetting, a painful realization that maybe she simply was too busy to lend him any alone time with her. She was his mother, after all, and d'Artagnan certainly was too busy wandering and caring for his younger siblings to give him much attention... He deserved it, did he not?

But no matter how much these facts brought the yearling down, he tried to keep his head held up high. Things had changed drastically for him as of late in the form of a new home, and thus, a new family. While he would never look at her the same way he looked to the Moon, Mesec looked up to Ophelia as a mother figure. She was his constant source of reassurance that he wasn't a freak, and that he was loved despite his rough upbringing in the Basin. He'd been so close to tearing his wings from his very back just so that he might fit in with the rest of his family, but thankfully, she had shown him that it was alright to be different. He was unique, and that was just fine.

Early in the day, Mesec had set out towards the Veins of the Gods. There had been nothing particularly exciting happening in the Foothills, and his feet had grown restless in the past several days. The journey was a long one, and he didn't even grow close to it until night had settled in and the moon had taken over the sky. Pausing in his step, Mesec rose his silver, glowing gaze to the dark sky, a gentle smile pulling at his lips. As the light cast down across the lands, it caressed his hide, causing his sides and the tips of his wings to glow softly. He'd long since grown used to the phenomena, so thought nothing of it as it radiated onto his most immediate surroundings.

As he readied himself to continue, something caught Mesec's eye, and almost immediately a joy filtered into his chest. Stepping closer, the colt lowered his head to what he'd seen; it was a white, twisting flower, with the most brilliant shade of violet tinging the edges of the petals. It glowed beautifully in the moonlight, and he wondered idly, would his mother appreciate it the same that he did? As careful as possible, Mesec pulled the flower up by the stem, and only then did he continue on his merry way.

Passing into the land of the Gods, Mesec was surprised to find that he wasn't alone. Already there was one, two... five others present, but what had inspired their arrival? Mesec wasn't a vain creature, but he'd been looking forward to spending his time here alone, with nothing but his mother's shrine in front of him, or perhaps even her herself. With a rough exhale, the yearling pressed on, but it didn't take long for him to realize just who they were all standing before. It was the figure of his violet mother, her horn held high and wings held to her sides. The wind was strong behind her, whipping her silver mane and the tresses of her tail along with it.

"Mother!" He called out, the word somewhat muffled by the flower still held between his teeth. Picking his feet up into a trot, he yearned to close the distance between himself and his mother, taking only a moment to eye the others that were present. It was interesting that only one was without a horn upon their head, but obviously, Mesec could care less that he lacked one. He did, however, grant the spotted Bane a double-take. What was he doing here? What were Mauja's views on him now that he had left the snowy home of the Basin? Before the thought could grow into much of anything else, Mesec snapped his gaze away from the monochrome male and back to his mother, drawing to a stop just feet before her.

"I missed you," he said as he outstretched his muzzle to her, gingerly offering the delicate flower. His silver eyes, while lacking of a pupil, spoke leagues of his happiness to see her again. "I thought you might like it."

[Magic: DarkxEarth | The ability to engineer synthetic elements that can act as various analgesics, medications, or toxins, and then hide them though various creations of plants that is either poisonous or helpful.]

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by God of the Moon - 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Tiamat - 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Casimir - 05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mauja - 05-21-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Talianna - 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Elizabeth - 05-22-2013, 05:14 AM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mesec - 05-22-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mesec - 05-25-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Quest Drop #7 Dark | Wind - by Mauja - 05-26-2013, 08:47 AM