the Rift

[OPEN] Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Frozen flakes of water drifted from the dark sky. Bitter clouds rolled slowly through the air, making it nearly impossible to see the star filled sky. The cold air was welcoming with wide open arms, dragging us further into the basin with soft kisses in the form of wind. Being back home was a great feeling, especially after this much too long voyage, though it was worth it. Maybe bringing this lion-tailed mare back to the Basin would put me on some sort of a small pedestal. Or, maybe not. Probably not I sighed after I drew in a cold breath, a cloud rolling from my hot mouth as it escaped in an exhale.

Suddenly, the clouds seemed to freeze and the sky lit up with the fascinating lights that gave us a show every once in a while. Myrah pulled her face up to the sky, the natural illusion dancing in her bright eyes. I watched the show over head, glancing back down to Myrah, giving her a grin. She really seemed to be enjoying the natural beauty. "That's the Aurora Borealis, which is where our land got it's name.. I suspect." The sentence rolled off my tongue with a questioning tone with the last couple of words.

I continued on, bringing my face back in front of me. The female mumbled something that may have been a response, but I didn't quite hear it. It must not have been of any great importance. Crimson eyes looked over the tundra, wondering how long I had actually been gone. Though we had stopped to eat and drink, resting on rare occasions, the land looked untouched. A faint smile curled over the corners of my red lips. I moved on, not paying attention to whether or not my acquaintance had followed me or was still perplexed by the night show. The black hair that hung from my back side swayed with each long stride step.

My solid black hooves depressed the thin layer of snow that blanketed the permafrost. Each step resulted in a soft crackling noise due to the pressure of my weight. I moved along, red tipped ears constantly rotating and flicking as they always did. Habit I guess. They could be constantly moving, but listening to nothing. The smell of the hot spring began to rise to my nostrils, though it was still a fairly long distance away; a pool of flavorless saliva formed in my mouth. I swallowed it instinctively, feeling the body fluid create a wet streak down my dry throat. I couldn't wait to throw my aching body in the soothing water. The image of steam dancing off of the pool appeared in my active brain.

My mind began to wander away from me. What did things.. taste like? The satisfaction I received from mowing down a radius of grass did not seem to be the same as every one else. And when some one else may have taken a dislike to a cloudy pool of water, I drank it with ease. As long as it did not smell polluted.

walking "talking" the voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Voodoo - 05-21-2013, 05:58 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-23-2013, 12:53 PM