the Rift

[OPEN] Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night

Myrah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Myrah
Ooc://:3/

"I think I keep up pretty well, I bet it is you that couldn't keep up with me... Then again you would probably just wander off course and find yourself lost. I wouldn't want to spend that much time trying to find you!" her own voice rose after his, picking up upon the joking tone.

Yet the banter was lost after his next string of words. Usually a storm wouldn't bother her, there was more than a few times she opted to stay out in the rain, rather than run from it. In fact it was safer on low ground than it was beneath a tree... in fact she had seen a squirrel drop while trying to climb one once. The lightening had aimed for it as if the tree had offended it by just being there. Later she went to investigate and sure enough the squirrel had been fried.

Despite her lack of fear, Voodoo seemed to be terrified, and hell bent upon escaping the next clap of thunder that shook the ground beneath their feet. He shouted at her, and a quirky thought slipped through the passages of her mind. 'Sure, now he tells me." Like a horse from the starting gate, he was off at the sound of the bell... or in this case, another crack of thunder.

Kicking herself into gear, she threw herself forward into a gallop, forcing herself to keep up with him even though her muscles screamed at her. No fear, meant that she didn't have the adrenaline he had to soothe her aching form. Making travel difficult and a hazard as she tried to run through the thick snow. "VOODOO!" she called as her narrow, well built frame began to fall behind and each gaited step slowed in comparison to his.

For once her thick bangs seemed to become something more of a mask, a mask that she had difficulty seeing through in the veil of darkness. Snorting, she tossed her head, but her horns seemed to keep them trapped upon her face. Rain began to fall in thick sheets, making her pelt slick and thoroughly coated but also opening it up to the freeze of the icy wind. Her mane finally cleared from her face in thick tangled strands, opening up the world before her...

Adrenaline finally took hold, coursing through her as fear of losing her traveling companion gripped at her heart and constricted fast to it like a snake. She could barely see his tail, hear his hoof falls between rolls of thunder and flashes of forked lightening. Perhaps this storm was worse than she thought...

A cloven hoof slipped out from beneath her, causing her to careen towards the ground, slamming into her front knees. There was a slice of pain, then nothing as she regathered her composure and pushed herself onward at a restrained gallop. A gash had opened up upon her right leg, blood ran freely, but she took no notice. Following the well marked trail of disks pulverizing the crushed snow, she aimed not to slip once more. A mustang always prided its self on being sure footed, and it was nothing more than an embarrassment that she could possibly fall or slip on anything, regardless on how inexperienced she was in this cold world.

It was an imperfect day for her arrival, in fact it was a terrible day... Instead of sunny and open to show her the wonders that the land could bring, it gave her a small peepshow and showed her the horrors of snow, ice, and a terrible storm. Another flash of lightening showed her a string of mountains fast approaching, slicing into the sky with jagged peaks like a fortress against the world. Yet she barely had time to bask in its glory as she finally caught sight of the stallion's banner waving behind him, beckoning her to him. Forcing herself to move faster, she plowed through the snow like a tank, grasping at every thread of strength she had until finally she raced with him at his side.

"Myrah Speaks"

Messages In This Thread
Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-23-2013, 12:53 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 06-04-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 06-10-2013, 12:46 AM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 06-22-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 06-25-2013, 05:52 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 06-26-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 07-13-2013, 04:33 PM