the Rift

[OPEN] Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

Thankfully the mare had a sense of humor, and returned a mocking joke in my way before we both launched into the darkness. The rain stung my slit eyes as I drove onward, the red splashed tips of my ears pointing backward, trying to listen for the rhythm of Myrah's footsteps under the crashing sky. Our feet pounded the cold earth with each step, though I imagine her cloven hooves left a strange print in the soft ice. We moved on.. or, at least I thought it was the two of us until I heard her voice falling behind me. My face craned backward, my pace slowing to a fast canter due to my strange stance. Her bright coat faded into the darkness.

The thunder growled again, sending an abrupt shiver down my spine. Where had she gone to now, damn it?! "Myrah?" My voice struggled under the violent thrashing sounds. Just get out of this god forsaken weather boy they picked at my brain curiously, trying to pull some feelings from my body. Should I stop? My front quarters tensed up, stiffening my front limbs to hop to a near stop. My body bounced a few times before the mare appeared again, quickly coming up on my back side.

I pushed my body back into a gallop, facing forward again. Thankfully, the extra shot of light illuminated the massive rocky hill before us. Finally one sighed, guiding me toward an inviting cave mouth. It was small, jagged around the edges. My body shifted into a fast trot as easily as a diesel six-pack shifted from fifth gear to second.. which was hard and ugly. "Home sweet home," the words were barely audible with the huff of air as they slipped from my mouth. My sides continued to heave awkwardly, scrapping against the mineral mounds that grew on black and gray rock walls as I moved into the tall, but narrow cave. We could both fit easily standing up, but each of us lying down was sort of out of the question.

Droplets of rain dripped down my sides like water on wax paper, dewing up on the thick black line that rode my spine. Once a heavy enough droplet built up, it drooped from my silver hide for a moment before slipping off and falling, splattering on the smooth rocky floor. Crimson eyes peered over toward where Myrah should have been, according to the way she had been following hot on my trail.

walking "talking" voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Voodoo - 05-22-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: Northern Lights, Bittersweet Night - by Myrah - 05-23-2013, 12:53 PM