Unregistered
:: :: ::

Be careful making wishes in the dark

I've got the scars from tomorrow and I wish you could see
My childhood spat back out the monster that you see

TAG: Accalia

NOTES: Not my best post ever, but I guess it'll do Lol

WORDS: 387

The soft snapping of a branch caught Zuri's attention immediately and one black tipped ear flicked back toward the sound. As she tuned into the sound, quiet hoof falls became audible, steadily coming toward her.

Keeping both of her ears turned toward the noise, the chocolate mare shifted so she was standing on all four hooves again, and waited. She wasn't nervous or scared; the steps coming toward her weren't too fast to be alarming, nor were they trying hard to be very quiet, both of which would have made Zuri go on high alert. She turned her head over her shoulder just in time to see a pure snow white mare step out of the trees, a polite smile upon her maw.

Zuri's ears were trained to the mare but the rest of her body remained relaxed. She didn't think this mare was here to do her harm by the way she was cautiously approaching and smiling at her. Leisurely, she turned around to face her, not offering a smile in return but instead making a soft sound of greeting in the back of her throat. The solitary mare wasn't very talkative by nature.

"Hello there, Accalia from the Assassins. Is there a home that you seek m'am."

A home? Hadn't she just been thinking about possibly settling here and now someone comes along asking her if a home is what she seeks? The immediate answer that came to the dark mare's mind was "No, thank you." but almost right after that, the opposite crossed her mind. Equines were not solitary creatures by nature; they craved companionship and the safety of numbers. Zuri's self imposed solitude had started to take its tole on her. She wanted friends, she wanted a mate. She wanted someone to talk to sometimes and just someone to simply be with.

Zuri tossed her head just enough to get her wild forelock out of her eyes before she answered slowly in her gentle, almost melodic voice, "I suppose I am. Do you have one to offer?"

A soft gust of wind blew then, lifting the ends of her thick, heavy mane and tossing them in her face. Dead leaves danced across the ground by their feet, some of them making it to the clear waters of the stream to be carried away.

credit to tom felton at caution

Messages In This Thread
You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-22-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-23-2013, 11:02 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-24-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-26-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Accalia - 05-27-2013, 12:18 PM
RE: You are the thunder and I am the lightening - by Zuri - 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM