the Rift

[OPEN] lost and found

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
He wasn't sure what drew him out of his self-induced solitude today.

Since the strange events in the Heavenly Fields that he had shared with Midas, Apollo had been plagued with the need to remain alone, meandering through the trees and speaking with them as if they could truly listen. One day, perhaps, he would hear a response again... The overo's thoughts were dark and troubled, almost uncertain and physically weighing, yearning for the light feeling that had developed in his breast after he and the Dragon's Throat General had saved the female jackelope. It faded days ago, that feeling of peace and satisfaction, leaving the spotted Medic with little he could do but try and obtain that sensation again.

Whatever it was left a hole in it's place after its disappearance, and while the memories of that adventure were refreshing and joyful, exciting even, something about it caused a familiar sadness to stir inside of him. Loneliness... Apollo snorted a scoff. Would he always be alone? The monochromatic stallion had long sense given up on trying to win the heart of Phaedra. After all, she could have anyone. Why would she settle with him? He was hardly capable of keeping up with the Intelligence leader's flighty ways.

Still, that didn't make it any easier to deal with his loneliness...

Heaving a deep breath, Apollo did his beast to snap himself out of his melancholy reverie. It was a nice day in the Foothills, after all. The sun was out and a cool breeze danced through the air, tousling the stallion's black mane and toying with the beads in them like a playful kitten. The thought made Apollo smile and chuckle softly to himself before he continued along his way. Each step was muted in the lush grass of the Foothills, the sound of the nearby waterfall nearly drowning them out. Occasionally a hoof woud strike the rocks hidden beneath the green grass, but not once did the Medic stumble. No... Living in the Deep Forest for so long had helped the overo learn balance.

The wind blew again, this time fiercer, and along its invisible wings came the scent of another. It was unfamiliar, this smell, yet somewhere in the back of his mind Apollo recognized it. Lifting his head, soft honeyed eyes surveyed his surroundings. He was standing upon the crest of a hill, one that wasn't too terribly tall, but he could spot immediately the one who's scent had been carried to him. A pegasus, by the look of it, with caramel-hued splotches upon his white base coat... Squinting, Apollo looked the stranger over. Why did he seem so familiar...?

Within the next second, Apollo recognized him. It was... Oh, heavens, what was his name? They had encountered each other only briefly. Both times they had been preoccupied... Once had been in the Deep Forest, when he had stumbled across Phaedra and Tor indulging on thos damned glowing mushrooms. Yes, he had been there, flirting shamelessly with Phaedra. Yet... This pegasus, if Apollo rememered correctly, was also sided with the old Foothills members when the Grey had invaded. Yes, that was right. The realization caused Apollo to bristle. What did he want?

Yet as Apollo's stern gaze watched the spotted pegasus, something seemed noticeably off about the way that he held himself. The Earth Medic could remember the way that he had strut around in the forest, with self-confidence that rivaled Phaedra's, but now it was missing. The overo's stern gaze faded slightly, replaced with genuine concern. Was he injured? While the pegasus could very well be a threat to the Grey, Apollo couldn't simply ignore a life in need. It was his job, after all, as Medic to help those who couldn't help themselves.

"... Greetings, stranger!" Apollo called out at last, lifting his head high as one dark hoof stretched forward, beginning his trek down the hill and slowly approaching the newcomer, "I believe we have met, once upon a time... But I'm afraid that I can't recall your name." His rather jovial greeting, however, was quick to end, as the stallion's keen eyes drew in on the wound upon the fellow paint's wing. It looked ghastly, but Apollo wouldn't know more about it until he was given permission to look it over, if this outcast would even let him.

"... You're hurt, brother," he murmured in concern, his heart welling in sympathy, "Perhaps I could be of assistance...? I'm Apollo; the Earth Medic of these lands."

Credits

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
lost and found - by Quilyan - 05-21-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: lost and found - by Apollo - 05-23-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: lost and found - by Quilyan - 05-23-2013, 07:49 PM
RE: lost and found - by Apollo - 05-30-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: lost and found - by Quilyan - 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM