the Rift

[OPEN] from the embers, smoke does rise

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

tell me that you want to dance, want to feel your pulse on mine
just treat me like a stolen glance of yourself.

Something in her subconcious told her that someone was coming towards her, but in her dreams it was merely a lone wolf come to pry upon Illynx as she knelt, half submerged, into a stream that was partially iced over, filling herself with mouthful after mouthful of deliciously frigid water. She grew colder and colder with every sip, but the wolf grew louder as well, until finally the stream and the dark boughs of the trees about her dissipated and she found herself back in her cozy (as the Basin could provide) cavern. And in the place of the umber wolf, there was instead a familiar and welcome face; Psyche.

Were those extra charms in her mane? The sight of the plumes and molars split a smile across her face, eerie in the partial darkness of the damp nitch, her beautiful leader darker still than the slick corners and shadows that surrounded them. If it had been anyone else that had roused the sleeping minx, she would have deposited them alongside the boulders and fallen ice outside or died trying to do so; but this, this was a rather welcome intrusion, even as exhausted as she found herself. Illynx tilted one ear back in mild annoyance at the discovery that her nap had only sufficed to make her desire for rest all the more dire, interrupted as she met the amber eyes of Psyche just as the ebonite queen spoke, finding a slight trill of enthusiasm at the warmth that had flickered in the back of her dearest friends eyes, a split second's picture of what the two women shared.

"Dearest Psyche," she simpered, her neck arching gracefully as she swept her nose down to her chest in a curteous bow; her dearest, perhaps, but still her superior, no matter that their circumstances could very well be reversed were she the type to fall into relationships as Psyche had with Mauja, or had even desired to lead others in general. This was a logic Illynx had deduced from the simple ease of their friendship; any two temptresses who could mesh so well with one another were surely as evenly matched as any two could be, elsewise - well, one of them would be dead already. It was another reason why she respected Psyche so much - her power had only seemed to grow in Illynx's abscense, further darkening the line that had already begun to seperate their places among the herd, but here she was, her smile lovely to behold after the months of lonesome wandering. Who knew I could feel such things? she wondered to herself, searching for an answer in the vaguely kind smile of her friend. She found that she had already known this to begin with, and perhaps that was why she had left in the first place. "I never thought I would go so mad," the deep bay fem laced her words with a breathless giggle, her head tilting slightly as she placed her words together, "but I find that I have grown to call this ice pit home."

Her dark tresses swiped lazily at her sides, her temporary humor forgotten almost instantly as she found herself remembering the world outside their haven of snow, the plague that crept across the earth in the form of hornless scum and feathered villany, back to their true purposes to have banded together in the first place. It drew her curiousity to the scents of others that were missing on the breeze that had lived here when she left, the strange atmosphere about Psyche that said not all had been well in the land of ice and stone, or perhaps Helovia in general. When has this accursed world ever been well to begin with? Never. But still, it tugged at her, and so she extended her worries to the pitch unicorn. "How have things fared in my absence?"

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Messages In This Thread
from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 05-23-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 05-23-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 05-24-2013, 03:27 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-05-2013, 08:22 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-06-2013, 11:13 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 06-07-2013, 09:38 AM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Illynx - 06-10-2013, 12:27 PM
RE: from the embers, smoke does rise - by Psyche - 06-12-2013, 12:14 AM