the Rift

[OPEN] Try to hear my voice [Tonka, Assassins]

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

Try to hear my voice

Silence. It rode on the invisible waves of coldness that constantly blew. Again, I was just a black dot on a white canvas. Again, I felt as if I did not belong here. It was cold, colder than my heart and I had no warm memories to heat me up, metaphorically. Again, I look back to see the trailing of paw prints behind my black pelt. I try to keep my body close together, trying to keep in the warmth, not that there was any warmth. I had heard from the girl who brought me who Tonka, their leader, would most likely be found here - if he was free at all. If he was not, I would go to the place I had heard he was and rescue there bloody leader myself if they were incapable.

I hoped he would be here or maybe he was just a crap leader. If that was the case, then I would not be a happy tiger, not that I ever had been. I would be tempted to leave them, to kill the one who had brought me here then dine on her and the feast her limp body would offer me. I was almost licking my lips. It had been a while since I had had horse and now I was suddenly craving it. I would resist though. I would resist until I found someone deserving to be eaten by me.

Snow, much to my dismay, had started to fall. A thin layer had fallen over my dark coat, some of it merging with my stripes. Caves lined to side and I instantly decided to take shelter. The light from the sun struck high in the sky. The cave was well lit, only dark at its furthest point which I could just squeeze into. I made my way down the cave ten meters or so, the ceiling caving in, then I neatly tucked myself into the corner. I was as dark as the cave, even the white parts of me. However, my eyes stuck out like balls of fire on water. And, I waited.

"blah blah blah."

OOC: Bad post is BAD

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

I had stepped up to the plate as Tonka and Ignita had both been taken. It was a shame but we would get them back, one way or another. Needless to say, we Assassins were like a family so we all helped one another out. Anyways, I vowed so, and a vow was something I had to do lest I knew the outcome was certain death. After analyzing, certain death was possibly but not highly. I had nothing else to live for and Rafe was right in the fact I needed to chase danger.

It seemed as though, mentally, I had been preparing myself for this for a long time. However, I had only been thinking about it for about a week. But in that week, it was like my heart had been smelted and then had turned to solid stone. It was like my emotions had disconnected from me and I was no longer afraid of the world. Instead of a coward, I had vowed to become a something others cowered at. Kind of like my emotions had just froze.

And perhaps they had for it was pretty damn cold out here. To make it worse it was beginning to snow. Flying plus snow did not mix well and as I glided through it, the frozen droplets hissed as they hit my warm skin. I the process, each one felt like a very minuscule sting. I didn't let it bother me and it wouldn't. Especially for the fact that I had to keep going.

Spotting a black dot, I circled to get a better view, descending only ever so slightly. This black dot was not of a horse shape and was not of like anything I had ever seen. This was until, I saw it move for a cave then I strictly identified this being as a big cat. In this maze of a place called Helovia, you could never precisely tell.

I wondered why he had decided to come here. I descended with a quick dive that brought me rapidly close to the ground. At last minute, I thrust my wings out and they instantly caught resistance to save me from the fall. My black hooves were dug into the snow to get a good grip as I walked towards the cave in which the black dot had taken refuge from the snow in.

My husky voice erupted into the cave. "State your business, big cat. Friend of a friend or dog of a foe?" It slightly shocked me, for even it had changed. Whatever was going on with me, a majority of my mind liked it and only a very small part had doubt.

A breeze entered the cave and I forced down a shiver. Instead, I lifted my head slightly then returned it close to my neck. My bang then proceeded to fall over to the one side in which it had decided to part.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas maskhorsepattern

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Ever after watching the capture of Ignita occurred right before her eyes, Accalia felt the need to go rescue the leader of Assassins. Since she had met no other, she felt that it was her duty to go rescue Ignita and recruit others to help her. The fae would try to briefly lead, only for a little while before submitting down to probably a warrior rank. Though it would get her to a lot of trouble with other herds, Accalia wanted to serve Assassins, since Ignita was the first and only horse that had offered her a home. Even when she was met up by the World's Edge members Madryn and Maskan, they didn't offer her a home, and even yet they told her to stray away from Ignita.

~

I slightly shivered as a soft gale blew past me, ruffling up my golden mane. Though it was the slightest touch of air, it froze me to the bone. Flipping the annoying hair out of my eyes, I curved my elegant neck downwards, and mentally scolded myself for going soft. Toughness is what's going to get you through. Trotting now, I made sure my footing was right so I wouldn't slip, especially close by the land of the Aurora Basin, home to unicorns. Normally, there wouldn't be a fear going through my mind, but unicorns were a different story. Heavy built horses with wicked horns, they would pierce skin easily, sinking their appendage all the way to the bone.

Though Ignita was a different story. Out of all the time wandering through valleys, hills, endless fields of grass, I had never spotted a horned one before coming to the land of Helovia. Finally lifting my head up, looking into the distance, scanning it with my reddish eyes, and finally seeing a black dot. It strangely felt familiar, and aching to get a better look, I propelled myself forward on muscular legs, galloping at quite a high speed to see who it was.

The figure slunk into some caves lining the horizon, and as quietly as I could, I approached. Nearing in, walking inside the cave, having to crane my neck down, I registered a tiger within the place, staying curled in a tight ball. Kumal. Before entering in another figure from the sky flew down though, brutish, strong, but at the same time feminine. I heard her strong voice ring through the darkness, and stopping for a second I continued farther. "Kumal. It's me Accalia. Ignita is in dire need of us", I told him, remembering I never explained about our kidnapped leader. "She is the leader of us, the Assassins", I softly spoke looking at him. I switched my head to the other side.

"This cat is no foe, though I have to ask that same question to you. I am Accalia of the Assassins. May I ask if you are part of our band?" My voice rang out, and I stared her in the eye. I wasn't being threatening at all, but suspicion was slightly present in my voice. I looked back at Kumal.

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

The dark bay steed cantered around in Frozen Arch. He was home. He had been released from the Foothills. Now he needed to reassemble the members of the Assassins. He knew that Igita had been stolen by their desired headlands, the Edge. The dark bay would take over until she came back and maybe even after she did. If she did not show up soon, Tonka would stay as the leader. The stallion would lead his band to victory and conquer the Edge.

It was such a beautiful day. Snow was dancing from down from the nimbus clouds and cold chills shivered up his spine. Tonka liked this cold weather. His coat and body had become adjusted to it, and how he felt as if this coldness was just a slight breeze ruffling through his black and gold mane. Navy blue eyes scanned the snowy terrain. He spotted three figures, two of them back and the other had a body the color of the snow itself. A smile crossed the brutes face. He could see that these were the loyal members who had watched over his lands while he was stolen at the damned Foothills. Those three were the ones that would help lead him to victory.

Hooves flashed up to the sky and a chocolate body rose into the air in a rearing position. His legs thrashed in the air as he let out a shrilling whinny to announce his arrival. Hitting the earth with a shacking thud, the huge andalusian galloped over to them. Snow was kicked up with every thundering step he took. As he advanced closer to the three, he could hear their conversation starting. Tonka could already tell that if he could not go over there, an argument was about to be born.

He slowed his dashing gallop down to a fast pasted walk, then soon to a stop as he entered the ice cave and stood to the black pegasus mare, Chemical. His handsome face stared down at the two he did not recognize. The creamy white one, and the black tiger. Brown ears jolted forward as his expressionless face scanned them. His large nostrils flared as he breathed heavily and recorded their scent. He hooves the ground. “Chemical is no enemy of ours. She is the leader of warriors, and you better not think of her as our foe. I am Tonka, leader of the Assassins, due to Ignita’s absence that is.” He paused, “I don’t believe we have met and I would hate to start off on the wrong hoof with one of my own members.” Looking down at tiger he gave a sort of glare. He was not sure of this thing. For all he knew he could have just said that he wanted to be a part of the Assassins and then at night sneak up on them and tear them to shreds. No way would Tonka allow that. However, if this tiger did not oppose a threat, he would be a wonderful weapon for the group. With fangs like his, they could easily succeed.

Stopping his thoughts, Tonka then said to him, “As for you, tiger, if you wish to stay in this band, you must show that you are worthy. You must not even touch one of us in the wrong way, unless you want to feel my hoof crash your tiny skull.”

[[OCC:: Gotta love Tonka ;P]]

Credits!

Kumal Posts: 18
Banned
Stallion :: Other :: 3 feet :: 7
Roo

Try to hear my voice

There was one thing I could not stand, and that was when I was told to be something I was not. For example, I had once been thought a jaguar. It made me sick to think they thought I was such a low, worthless creature. Other times I had called a kitty and that alway ended in bloodshed; and not my own blood. So you could imagine that when the black mare who had came referred me to being a dog a deep, rumbling growl erupted from inside me, just as I caught Accalia approaching out my eye. In a low, growling voice I say the the winged mare "You would be wise to know your cats from mutts, girl."

I was informed of the capture of the leader. I decided quickly that she was either, a deadly predator, feared though the land or a waste of space, to big for her boots. I could only hope for which of the two I wanted to be true. I silence myself, standing and glaring at the dark winged girl who I already had a grudge against for thinking I was a mutt and I wait till Accalia finishes speaking to her when the thundering of hooves grew and the large figure of a stallion came jolting up to us, flaring his nostrils in our presence.

I fixed him with a glare, not in the least fazed by his thunderous presences, listening to his words of some sort of authority. His words meant nothing to me though, not until Tonka addressed me anyway. His threats meant nothing. I replay with a low growl. "Then respect me and I won't be at your throats." I say, aiming to words more towards Chemical. Now, more directly more at Tonka I say, "I will prove my worth. And you will prove this is worth my time." I had started to walk, looking back over my shoulder as I was at the mouth of the cave, my voice deep and dangerous. "Follow if you wish."

"blah blah blah."

OOC: Moody Kumal is MOODY. Feel free to continue this thread, Kumal isn't much good at socializing xD

Chemical Posts: N/A
Unregistered

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

I glared at the tiger, for apparently he thought that threats and those wonderful little trinkets that he had been adorned with scared me. Boy, was he most terribly mistaken. My ears go straight and pin against my head quickly, my nostrils flared. I would most definitely defend myself as I put up with no one's bullshit. Especially, now of all times. "Did I not refer to you as big cat when I approached you? The 'dog' part was metaphorically, hinting that more often than not, I have witnessed individuals serving as someone's bitch for all purposes in this place. I would suggest that you reanalyze what you think you have heard boy, before jumping to conclusions. Unlike you, my intellectual levels permit me to know the difference."

My crimson eyes grow fiery red looking at the individual, but they quickly fade back to their bloody color as I return Accalia's look. I shift my weight but my head instantly jumps up as I hear another set of quickly approaching hooves. My eyes turn to slits as I try to make out the figure in the falling snow and my heart leaps ever so slightly and my head races with questions as to how in the world he had escaped. My eyes grow wide and a slight smile appears on my face. Tonka's words cool the argument and my swelling chest returns to it's no-so-defensive appearance. I continue to look at the two, my hardened gaze softening slightly.

My ears flicker towards Tonka as he continues and this creature is another now accepted into our band of feisty outcasts. Tonka speaks of proving himself and the inverted-looking creature then speaks again. By the way he talks and then looks at me afterwards, my gaze hardens once more and my eyes grow bright crimson again. "If it is respect you desire, then it must be given in return. Including threatening a being that is a threat in itself." My words trinkle off into a trail, dropping it at that. I had no desire to begin a mental and verbal war with someone that was supposed to be on my team. I did, however, feel that I needed to put the fact that I was not one to put up with bullshit out there.

I looked at Tonka, questioningly. My ears had returned to normal and I prepared to go where Tonka went whether that be behind this feline following or elsewhere. Another thought popped into my mind after that, Accalia. I sincerely hoped that she didn't think of me as the tiger did. I wanted to be on the right hoof with my comrades rather than being on the far end. "I apologize. You must realize that I am quite on edge with everything that's going on currently. And Accalia, I'm definitely not a foe. Should I never be considered one, either. I do not come around often, but that is to change hopefully." I direct my gaze back towards Tonka with my frown becoming straight.

[[[OOC: Eeee! Pretty please don't hate Chemmy forever! x3]]]

You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

gas mask< a href="http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/friesian%20horse">horsepattern

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Bowing her head in the presence of the leader, the fae decided now would be the right time to introduce herself. "I am Accalia, Accalia Cloninger", the girl spoke sincerely, offering submission. Lifting up her head, staring into his blue orbs, questions swam in her mind. She didn't know the stern stallion, and was slightly suspicious of following him, but claiming that he was part of the Assassins, she would listen and abide to his rules. "Tonka, don't think of this as talking back, but wouldn't it be wise to expel the tiger. Being a feared predator, he can bring a legacy to the Assassins", Accalia advised him. It would be foolish to send off such a powerful predator. In her mind, not pouncing on her and killing her, proved him worthy. The other sentence that Tonka said, wanting to make her snort. Crush Kumal's giant skull? The cat was giant. There would be no way a horse could fight against him. A wolf was a different story, though imposing and vicious, they were smaller and lacked the tooth and claw size of an immense tiger.

Kumal, offended by Tonka's words, left. Accalia felt an urge to go and follow him, but the girl repeated in her mind. He is not the leader. Looking towards Chemical, the mare narrowed her eyes. The black brutish woman was speaking bad about Kumal. Though the tiger scared the living hell out of Accalia, she still sided with him in pity. Something had caused the creature to be hardened and angry like that. "Chemical, you are no foe, and my apologies Warrior Leader", Accalia respectfully bowed her head, though she felt anger towards the Friesian mare. The fae had her own ambitions, and it would be revealed sooner or later she wanted to step up and be the leader of the warriors.

"I have a few things to report, Tonka", Accalia said, trying to make the tense atmosphere a little happier. These were her new herd mates after all. "I have lately been recruiting horses to join the assassins. Currently Kumal has decided to join. There is a buzz of newcomers in the Threshold, and with your permission do you think you would allow me to recruit them to Assassins?" Accalia questioned. "Also, until we claim our own land, where do you think we should reside for the coming of Frostfall?" The white mare questioned, knowing that snow had already hit the Frozen Arch and steppe hard. There were so many new ideas floating in her mind that she wanted to speak of with her leader.