the Rift

World Don't Look

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky
Painted to perfection
Such charming boy you are
With a face like that why do you crush on one you’ll probably never be with?
You use your weapon like a tool
Such a sad past
Did you find your place to settle?

AB:: 0/5
DT:: 0/4
WF:: 0/3
WE:: 0/4
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia blocks Apollo

Painted to perfection ---> overo
Such charming boy you are ---> Profile says he's charming
You use your weapon like a tool ---> Unicorn
Such a sad past ---> his herd died
Did you find your place to settle? ---> has been in the foothills for a while

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas blocks himself

Painted to perfection - he is a pure breed paint
Such charming boy you are - he is a well liked individual and can be rather nice and charming to most
With a face like that why do you crush on one you’ll probably never be with? - his mate lives apart from him
You use your weapon like a tool - he has a magical collar that can turn into armor, there are also blades on his wings
Such a sad past - his parents are dead, and he lost a son when he was 2
Did you find your place to settle? - he is still trying to work through all the emotions of him and ktulu living in separate places
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky
"Midas is safe for now."

"Apollo was wanted"

(title) World don't look - on Apollo's profile under appearance is quotes, "And I don't want the world to see me"

Painted to perfection - is a Paint Overo
Such charming boy you are - personality ref
With a face like that why do you crush on one you’ll probably never be with? - is in love with Phaedra who is a flirt
You use your weapon like a tool - unicorn ref/ has magic that uses his horn to fix wounds
Such a sad past - parents are dead
Did you find your place to settle? - under history on Apollo's profile it say she left to find a place where he belonged and could thrive

I guess that was a kinda easy one.. Lol any way could someone judge this just so that I know if this was good or not. This is my first stealth so...

Alex the Godspeaker Posts: 11
Master of Mysticism
Mare :: Other :: Very short :: --
Alex
I'll judge. :3
The issue here was in general it was a little too obvious. A lot of clues is great, but if you have too many or make the ones your have too clear, then you'll have an issue. As Tamme said when Judging Roo's stealth, try to avoid pairing clues that will narrow down a list significantly. I'm splitting it up into clue sets, at the end I'll put it together.

Here, for example, your first two lines already lower the possibilities. 50% of the options are gone when you reveal that it's male, and then probably a good 75% of those are gone when you say painted. Appaloosas are rare, and in general using paint or spotted in any way makes it a dead giveaway.

Something like:
huddled tight against the snow
it's you and your blankie against the world

That would have been a bit more vague and even had a few misleads while still getting across the message. Snow is white, and Apollo is a blanket appaloosa. Plus, using blankie would have made the reader think someone young or maybe with attachment issues.

-This was a pretty good clue, but not entirely true, because you don't know how their relationship might develop. Plus the 'face like that' part doesn't help you any- even though I think he's smexy, some other judge might disagree. As a clue, it's entirely too objective.

You use your weapon like a tool
-The issue here is that by now, /everyone/ uses weapons to describe unicorn horns. Factor in the specificity of Apollo's connection to his magic and this makes it pretty clear cut. Try being creative about species references. Tamme said needle in the other thread- that would have worked especially well here considering Apollo is a medic, if not a bit too blunt.

Such a sad past

This one was pretty good. Again, though, it's better to be figurative than flat out say it was a sad past. Something like:

Coming from a trail of tears

Would, while still being pretty direct, also throw in a mislead. Most of the americans on the site anyway will probably associate that with american indians, and then go looking for characters that fit that as opposed to Apollo, who is a greco-roman figure.

So yeah! I don't know how good of a job I did, but in general try to be more figurative. Try to still treat it like a poem, it should have to be somewhat interpretive- the hard part is balancing that with indisputable clarity that a judge will pass. Remember, too, the different tactics you can take advantage of in stealths, such as using google keywords, or even longer paragraphs in metaphor instead of short poems.