the Rift

[PRIVATE] Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

Rishima</style>
the frenzied pace of the mind inside the cell.</style>

You drift along at my heels, a quiet flame to my sliver of moonlight, silent beneath sun and stars and subtle as a wisp on the wind. How can one child take so much supervision? I always have to check back on you, ensure that you've followed me to whatever destination set in our sights, that you haven't flown away on limbs of gold while I deal with the world as a tangible dream. Kali pads beside you as we pursue the call, another summon from Mirage, a gathering cry that I pursue because I can, and you pursue because you must. We are solitary creatures, you and I, wrapped too deeply in the mysteries of the world to devote our minds to the subtleties of others, both perhaps incapable of discerning the tendrils of their hearts... and both far too aware of the truths behind the living mind.

My daughter of fire, what will come of you as you venture into this world, surrounded by those who do not understand you as I do? Silently you enter the gathering, plagued not by shyness but some ailment of the mind I do not comprehend. Since your birth into this world I have heard your voice so rarely, tendrils of sound seeping into an empty atmosphere of ignorant space that cannot fully comprehend the unexpected wonder of all you offer. Now you watch through onyx eyes, body tucked comfortably against my stiffened legs as we stand at a distance from the lingering crowd, listening to the words of Mirage as they lap over her faithful friends. Magic and promises and the offering of assistance, things that perhaps belong in my made-up rank. Would you like to see your mother take part in the workings of the herd? Now that I have a responsibility I owe to you, I want more than ever to lose myself in the mindless mass of bodies that surges around the Edge.

I glance down at you, and you stare back through those silent and innocent eyes. You have Natraj. You'll be fine.

But you trust me. You do not understand how little I can love you.

I step forward, and you stay behind, attention captured by a late blooming orchid. Perhaps this is as it should be. "Mirage... friends," I speak in the silence following Destrier, "I have recently returned from the Dragon's Throat, where our alliance with the Throat was reaffirmed." A soft nod, and I wonder if I should bring up Ink's absence- but no, those are words best shared with my sister alone, and perhaps her deputies. I wonder if Kaj will be here soon. His presence has become a comfort to me, brought on by our time traveling, and I feel that he might become a friend to you as you grow.

"As advocate, I would be glad to lead a journey to the Veins, that we might learn all we can about the magic of Helovia." This you wonder at, attention brought back to me, wondering if this promise means exploration of a world you have yet to see. No, I think, and Kali chirps a protest, and I know that she is right- if I do not teach you of this land we live in, who will? And so we have promised to make our way, and you have been thrust into your first position of leadership, and we have made promises we must keep. I shall take you to meet the gods, and leave you to determine the validity of their claims to greatness.

You nicker softly, but do not speak. I glance at you, and then away; I do not know what to say. I never do.

[ This wasn't great, I'm sorry :X ]

image by tambako @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Rishima - 05-26-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Laila - 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Kaj - 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mikali - 05-30-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Thor - 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Lace - 06-04-2013, 03:34 PM