the Rift

[PRIVATE] Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn

what is this world we live in?

It was not the new image of her Weyr Leader that had caused Sulwyn to stir with such negative emotion, but the words that came from the stallions' scarred lips, regarding the use and intent of negative magic. The petite mare trusted the red-fringed brute's words, but she also couldn't help herself from denying them. Not everyone could influence the magic that rested within them, and not everyone could control and use it with just intentions, whether that magic is harmful or not. Unfortunately for the wraith, however, she fell into that category.

"It is unfair to judge those with one kind of magic so harshly, noble stag, for isn't it equality that we are striving towards? If we were to interrogate one being to such an extent as to dig deep inside the vessel of their mind and to piece together an image of what they intend to do -- perhaps even before they intend to do it -- then are we not just falling into a much deeper hole than before? What if their resentment towards us was born simply out of our need to poke our nose into their business, and to let the fate of their magic ride on our decision?" the grulla's tone was soft, like the wind that caressed the crashing waves that could be heard in the distance, but she still tried to make her voice heard amongst the gathering crowd, so one could easily claim that she spoke with accusation hot on her tongue.

"Sometimes such an ability cannot be helped, brothers; for I am sure that we are all well aware that nature -- or perhaps even the essence of nature, given that magic is not a form that one can hold -- can sometimes turn against those who take the time to nurture it and allow it to grow. I, myself, am a prime example, although since the discovery of my power and the damage that it does, I have not had the heart to use it."

The hammering of the mare's heart against her delicate cage of bones begins to quicken to a deadly pace when her speech ends. It is not like the grulla to speak against the word of another, but she is fiercely protective of her beliefs, and she is not willing to let the matter go unpressed. A chilling wave starts to seep its way through the mustang's quivering form as her golden pools rest on Mirage's draconic form. It is hard to read the emotion that she sees dancing across her scaled visage, so the timid mare soon lowers her crown-bear head in submission.

This is not my place, the equine berates herself, waves of shame and embarrassment passing through her just as quickly as the fear had. But they had to realize that even those with the best of intentions still cannot help the magic that runs in their veins. Smoke-dusted ears lift slightly as Paladin's words cross her mind again, and suddenly the mare has been sent back into her political mindset.

"Perhaps all that it takes for an unmatched pair of being and magic is for a little light to be shed on the situation. Does not all magic come from the Gods themselves? I dare not say exactly where I had gained my life-stealing ability, but perhaps if I were to accompany the party traveling to the Veins then the God that lies at its source would be able to set me on the proper path. Maybe then I could learn to use my spectral orbs in confidence, rather than to hide them in my fear."

Excitement began to swell the branded mare's breast and, before allowing her superiors to cut in to what she had already said, Sulwyn adds on, "Mikali has shown an interest in the ways of the shadow, my Lady, and she will make an excellent plug to the hole that my absence will make -- if you were to grant my request to accompany the Advocate on her journey, of course. I think that she will quickly gain experience in the field if I were to transfer my current prisoner over to her as well; not to mention that it would save us the trouble of dragging the poor soul along with us."

Finally drawn to a close, Sulwyn maintains her bright-eyed gaze on the golden dragon's form, awaiting her words and her judgement as the mustang begins to question whether or not she had stopped doubting herself too soon.

{Sorry DX She ended up blabbing way too much in this post. I had no intention to offend anyone if that was done; the words just kind of came out while I was typing.}
Text

Messages In This Thread
Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Laila - 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Kaj - 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mikali - 05-30-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Thor - 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Lace - 06-04-2013, 03:34 PM