the Rift

[PRIVATE] Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

Like the embodiment of my rank, I slid through the thickening mists towards the grouping of my herd mates, golden gaze keen as it looked over all that were assembled. Already there are so many, most of them higher than I on the totem pole, but I am unbothered by the fact. Unlike in the Basin, I had grown comfortable enough in my own skin to step forward and speak up when I found it was necessary, or to simply be present without the fear of ridicule or harsh glares from my peers.

Our precious Weyrleader, the lady who had ultimately led to my rescue from the tundra home of the Basin, spoke of magic and bonds such as the one I held with little Azel. The young cat was walking at my side as I approached and finally drew to a stop, his blue eyes searching quietly for his pale friend Kasai. I, too, found myself looking for the golden hide of my beloved, but I did not spy her lurking in the crowd. "Maybe she's patrolling borders," I thought to myself, "It would be just like her..." A small smile pulled at my lips at the thought of her missing yet another meeting, but I knew she was merely assuring the safety of our humble home. I shook my head and returned my gaze to the Dragonheart as she continued to speak.

The concept of wielding magic was something I couldn't quite wrap my mind around. Yes, I had seen it being used many a times, for good and wrong both; but how did one command it to do as they wished? Did it ever backfire? Should I pursue this route and obtain some of my own? I would certainly give it some thought, but I wasn't so sure right away.

"Azel and myself will offer our help as well," I spoke when there was a breach in the talking, and then I quiet down. What more was there to say? Questions had already been voiced, and I could think of nothing more to add. At my feet, Azel had taken a seat and now took to leaning up against my right foreleg, watching quietly the other companions which were present.

No I won't take all the pieces
Put them back together
You've got the best of me
But I won't give you what's left of me

Messages In This Thread
Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Laila - 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Kaj - 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mikali - 05-30-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Xanthos - 05-30-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Thor - 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM