the Rift

[PRIVATE] Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting

Marius Posts: 15
World's Edge Stallion
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 5 (ages in BirdSong)
Raine
He had been heading towards the mare when he noticed the dragon on her withers, just looking at him. He looked back at the dragon, blinking slowly and it seemed that time itself slowed down while the mare started to turn. His heart beat faster, blood rushing through his veins as it became clear to him that this really was his mother. Ears perked up and he took a few steps closer to her, watching as her mouth moved but he didn't hear what she was saying.

She was moving closer to him - she must have recognized him! Was that his name she was saying? It felt like his ears began working again when she and the dragon both cried out. That was most definitely his name, and he lept forward to meet her, looping his neck over hers to return the hug. "Mother, I searched everywhere for you!" He leaned into her, happiness thrumming through him like he hadn't felt in a long time. "Where have you been? I feel like I've been all over the world trying to find you and father. I never would have guessed you'd be here. Not when I finally gave up hope. But you're here, I found you!"

He felt like a foal again, giddiness bubbling through every fiber of his being. He was reunited with his mother, this had been far too long in coming. Three years was a long time to search and wander. Just when he'd settled down he'd found her. The gods worked in mysterious ways, but oh how he wanted to dance and praise them to all high heavens. He stepped back, bumping his muzzle against her's lightly before taking her in. "You haven't changed mother," he said, grinning. It was truth in his eyes, after all he'd been just two when she left. Three years hadn't changed her much, and he was glad for it.

Stepping forward he hugged her again, fierce with his overflowing joy that pushed out all the lonely feelings he had ever had. He had a herd, his mother, anything he could need. This was happiness, this was where he belonged, and he saw that now more than he had could have possibly seen it in the past.

Messages In This Thread
Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mirage - 05-25-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Laila - 05-27-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Kaj - 05-28-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Sulwyn - 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Mikali - 05-30-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Thor - 05-30-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Lace - 06-04-2013, 03:34 PM
RE: Twilight || Compulsory Herd Meeting - by Marius - 06-05-2013, 04:57 PM