the Rift

[OPEN] The start of the trek.

Scarter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SCARTER

I don't care.
I love it.

One minute she was standing in a group, surrounded by the most boring horses you'll ever meet. Then next The Time God...oh yes, the Time God, was speaking to her. If Scarter didn't know better she would say that she had actually entertained him. Then the son of a gun began to grow wings, no joke, he actually sprouted wings from his back which some how encased them in a dome of electricity. For Scarter it was an actually pretty neat experience, before she heard the sound time and space parted to let the God and Scarter through. She was going to be able to do something similar, now that he had gifted her. The only thing the crossed the dull mares mind was how freaking sweet that was. Then as they where traveling together he spoke of what she was meant to do for him. A little bit of traveling. No biggie right? Nah, Scarter was sure that it was going to be a piece of cake. Only she wouldn't be able to use her magic, she had to walk it. But it that was what timey wanted, timey would get it. Then, even though for Scarter everything was working quite smoothly, he shoved her...rather roughly from their little meeting before disappearing in a crackle of electricity and lightning. "Thanks bro, you owe me a companion for that!" Her tone was sarcastic. She didn't really mean it, after all she was actually grateful for the gift he had just given her. She didn't want to piss him off but her ass was stinging a little.

The dark mare clambered to her feet and looked around. She had no clue where she was, she only knew why she was here. Knowing that she would have to figure out where she was, to learn about which areas adjoined this one, so Scarter could continue her quest, the dark mare realised she would have to ask someone. Only this place seemed to be dead. Near her there was an active volcano spewing magna everywhere. Perfect, that would definitely ruin her hair. Sighing at the Time God unfortunate timing...ironic...she began to move away from the magna. "This place is rather horrible." The stunning mare pranced forward her bright purple eyes studying everything in sight. Her mane hung over her right shoulder hiding the scars that, when revealed, ruined her beauty. Scarter knew that she had issues, but generally she was too busy worrying about who she was going to play with next, that she forgot to care. She paused to study a rock, everything here was so dull and boring. She was actually the only interesting thing to look at. Then something flashed in her memory and she realised that she was standing in the veins of the gods. A slight chuckle tumbled from her lips and the dull mare started to use her brain.

She beginning in Veins of the Gods, she would then move on to the Spectral Marsh followed by Endless Blue, Secret grove, Thistle meadow, Helovia's Heart, Dragon's throat, back up to Helovia's Heart then over to Deep Forest, The Threshold, Then the Windtossed foothills over to her home at Worlds edge and then back up to the Heavenly fields and up to the frozen land in the order of Frozen Arch, Aurora Basin and then she would end back up in Frostbreath Steppe.
Was she having a seizure in her brain?
That is one hell of a journey. Was she meant to complete that while she was still alive? The gorgeous mare looked up to the sky wondering if the Time God was currently laughing at her. A companion really was starting to seem like much less of a pain in her ass. Then again, one of them really would be nice for such a long journey. But even Scarter, the most selfish being created knew that was asking too much. She was already over joyed at the fact that she had just been gifted with magic. Not just any magic either. If she was ever in danger, she would just be able to run into the distance and disappear.

Poof.

Gone.

Wondering if she was going to survive this journey at all, Scarter began to put one hoof in front of the other. It was time to settle her brain on more important matters. Like what was going to happen at Worlds Edge while she was gone. Surely they would worry, her absence would be noticed immediately. With a sigh and a slight shake of her head Scarter realised that nonsense like that wasn't really for her to worry about after all. She wasn't the one leading the herd.

Notes; This is the first thread for Scarter's journey. She has to travel around Helovia, and give up her time for the Time God. Anyone may join.
Words; 786
Tag; Open

[Image: 33xtpqh.png]

Andromeda Posts: 91
Dragon's Throat Healer
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 5 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
   I have flown a vast distance the past few days, all while tiptoeing around the former threshold of the gods, their original domain when their divine immortal forms materialized upon the earth, compelled by an unfathomable force to answer the puny mortals who so recklessly called on impossibly dangerous, unearthly beings to grant them magic, companions, and their other greedy wishes. It has been a long time since I have dared to touch down the harsh stone pathways, to furl my wings and take to simple prayer, simply acknowledging the gods that have ruled Helovia for as long as anyone can remember. They are grand entities, and have their flaws as any mortal, and yet I do believe they are entitled to something more, considering their importance. For if we take to only pinpointing the bad in our gods, I imagine, our society would crumble in its belief there is something greater out there, and soon enough the mighty gods themselves would smite us, I would think. Was there a time when it was different? Where the gods walked among us? Did the gods create Helovia, or did they simply find it? How could they have crafted it, anyways? Surely even they could not simply appear out of nothing. So what had come before them?

I tilt my body downwards, while resisting the irritable tug of gravity on me willing to fling me downwards quite happily, the only sound accompanying me the quiet rustle of feathers as I shift and maneuver, slipping and shimmying down from the blue until I'm startlingly close to the ground, and wondering how exactly I came down so quickly. I flicker my wings back, and forth, see-sawing indelicately at the air until my hind hooves crack onto the hard rock. A small, wheezy surprised breath escapes my chest in a huff, and with a shake of my wings my front hooves fall. A light sheen of sweat coats me, turning my coat glossy under the sullen Orangemoon light.

My wings fluff up, as I shuffle and hem and blink a bit, my legs a touch wobbly from being airborne for so long, but I move along, knowing the wobbles and quivers won't leave until I start walking. I shake my legs lightly with each step, waking them, until I feel the jelly-like sensation is mostly gone. It is then I see the shrines. Immediately my breath stops; my eyes prickle slightly, and I close my eyes firmly, inhaling sharply and wishing I could send the images away. Desecrated, broken, disconsolate. Etched in my eyelids I can see the hard outlines of the dismantled shrines. One is burnt, two are broken and shattered, and one is covered in vines darker than my ebony coat with faintly glowing blossoms. It's hard, seeing this. So hard. I cannot believe it. Somewhere in my chest, my heart sinks, and seems to thud dully against my rib cage, sliding deep somewhere into the pit of my stomach.

I do believe the gods have their reasons. Still, I cannot help but feel, so many months after it happened, that they have abandoned us.

Well. What's done, is done. I am but a mundane pegasus. There is simply no way I could call upon the gods. Yet I could still pray. Forward I step, and take another step, and gently I touch each shrine with my muzzle. I'm not zealously religious. Respect I hold for each and every god, equally so, and I will try my best to respect their choice for leaving us. With each touch of each shrine, I hope it will convey my care to them. I take a step back, hooves cracking on the stone, and inhale and exhale, my breast quivering. How many others have come here, seeking guidance to find none? How many have prayed for their return, not to find it? Was it selfish of the divine to withdraw, or were we selfish for wanting them back, seeking their godly presence? Our greed, I did not doubt, drove them back from us. They were wholly unimpressed with our ever-hungry hearts. I'm not surprised, truth be told.

The air suddenly tastes of electricity, and my hair stands on end. So sudden it is, I nearly bolt. Instead, I spin around dashingly quick, wings roused as my instincts kick in to flee. My eyes alight upon a mare, young, looking to be of my age. Despite the horn crowning her as unicorn, and the plumed leonine tail, she smells distinctly of salt and ocean air, a fact I place to her being, certainly, from our allied home the World's Edge. I rejoice. Much better than the strange lingering creatures that may prowl, created by the excess of the gods' magic, that I had imagined in the split seconds as I rushed to turn. For a moment, I consider simply not speaking, turn to the shrines and act as if asorbed in prayer, but thinking this would be decidedly rude to one who is from the herd we are close to, my choice of action is to greet her with cordiality. "Hello," I greet her, expecting her to be well aware of my presence by now. "Andromeda, of the Throat."
AndromedA
I will fly among the stars for eternity
background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com
image credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Andromeda excluding dismemberment and death.

Unregistered

SCARTER

I don't care.
I love it.

Purple orbs turned to the sound of the new voice, a good mood had settled over the dark shadow. Nothing would spoil it, so even the uninvited company was given a genuine grin. Her sleek and glamorous body strode closer, closing the gap. She did not speak as her eyes studied everything about the company. She was pretty that was for sure, no where near as pretty as Scarter but, hey that happened. Scarters slightly curly mane twisted and flipped around her shoulders as a cold and reasonably strong breeze rolled through the land. With the sun set high, her blue and purple sheen shone through the black on her coat. Lighting her up into the gorgeous and unnatural colours. It was only a slight colour change, but when the sun lit her up, she felt even more like one of a kind and original. Her light feathering brushed the ground, two black and two white. The blue lacing over her eyes shone with the lighting on her head. The smile was still playing along her lips, with friendliness. It was rare for this bizarre mare to be so open and feeling nice towards other females. Still it was an honest intention to be nice to this winged one. The image of Kaj, the winged leader from her home kept her rotten tongue in check.

The horned mare knew nothing of the alliance between their herds, for such politics where beneath her. She liked to gossip and chitter chat to others, rarely did her conversation topics hold any importance. However this gift made her want to change, become...well not better as that would be impossible. However maybe she could learn to start caring about herself again and have a little dignity. Maybe this mare could teach her a little something about caring for..(oh she hated to think it) others. "Hello Andromeda." Her tone was soft yet crisp. The smile still played on her lips. "Scarter, World's Edge." She thought about the home that she had never really bonded too. She hadn't spent much time there, but she still wanted to settle there. Maybe even end up have a kid or two. The dull mare never considered holding a position or doing something monumental with her life. She was to trudge along and just go with the flow before somebody could actually pull her out of the ditch that she had seemed to have fallen into. Maybe this winged mare would be the one.

"This is a rather drab place." She noted about the veins. Her purple eyes watched the other mare carefully. "I got kicked out of a vortex of time, by good old Sparky." She laughed outright just imagining Andromeda watching her appear from a random cloud to fall rather ungracefully onto her rump. Waiting until the giggles had subsided, before she spoke again, the black mare looked around the veins in wonder. "So I got dumped here, with no choice in the matter. Which makes me curious as to why you would choose to be here?" Her tone was inquisitive, honest and sharp. She was actually attempting conversation which for this mare was a pretty big deal. But hey maybe if she was nice to this Andromeda, she would in turn learn how to love again. Turn that part of herself back on so maybe she could find a way to fit into her home. Maybe if she learned to love, Kaj would finally pay more attention to her.

Notes; Edited.
Words; 578
Tag; Andromeda

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
The crisp autumn air ruffles my feathers, a nippiness to it that keeps me from drifting into tangled thoughts, preventative of musings egalitarian of importance. Shaken out of my prayers, I seem to almost grow taller, appearing neat, tidy, and svelte, fluid and graceful I should hope, proffering a quiet smile reminiscent of a weathered mare looking at her last foal, filled with memories of times gone past of youth and beauty instead of the sagging stomach and swayed back. I felt old. Mature and tired; wanting to know of all the wonders of life and yet not knowing any. My parents had left me at a young age. That I didn't mind, not with the sky being able to raise me, the sparkling stars keeping me safe and at ease. Now, the night always seemed to keep me safe, as if it had taken me in and come in to love me, more than my nomad parents ever had. I knew the night, what seemed my sire and dam and even reflected on my coat, was not animate, by any means. But it was real, in a strange way.

Scarter. It was an odd name, but it seemed to fit the slightly devious sparkle in the other mare's eyes. My ears twitched, hearing the soft rush of the ocean far below the jutting rock of the Gods, a dark murmur in the background, layered beneath everything. Does the ocean ever grow tired of trying to join with the rocks? Why is it they are so drawn to the shores?

"It's good to meet you," I say kindly, even though if it really is good or bad is unknown and remains to be seen. My hooves scuff over the rock, producing a loud cracking sound.

"I'm not sure if it's a good idea to insult the threshold of the gods," I murmur, casting my gaze back to the shrines with a touch of anxiety. Who knows what the gods will consider unimportant or important? What constitutes as an insult or what is simply folly? In any case, gods are not someone to be reckless around. I must honestly admit my eyes do widen as she refers to someone- the God of Time?!- as Sparky. She's seen a god in flesh and blood?! Or... ichor, I suppose, blood of the gods. "You've really seen a god? And he spoke to you?" I ask, unable to keep the curiosity out of my slightly awed voice. Maybe I was wrong! Perhaps they aren't abandoning us as I thought! "I thought they had left us, abandoned us." I admit quietly, scuffling my hooves once more on the ground. I share in Scarter's laugh, chuckling softly before falling quiet. "I came here to pray. And visit the carnage of the gods' shrines themselves," I admit a little sheepishly, feeling rather odd.

It's then I realize why; how long has it been since I've talked to another girl of my age? "So, why did the Time God tell you? Did he give you a quest?"

My wings rustle darkly at my sides as I let them open up, stretching out the swiftly knotting muscles that become so very swiftly exhausted once I land, much the way the marathon runner does not realize how ill he feels until he slows. The ground is still unsteady underneath my long, slender legs, as if the earth no longer wishes to embrace me. "I'm sorry- I'm just so, excited, I guess. I really thought the gods were gone.
AndromedA
image credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Unregistered

SCARTER

I don't care.
I love it.

When the mare said rather kindly that it was good to meet her, Scarter couldn't help but laugh. "You haven't met me!" Scarter exclaimed. With a roll of her eyes, she when on to explain. "You just know my name, that is it. If you have actually met me, you would know that it's not that nice at all." The self indulged mare was well aware of her being a stuck up nosy bitch. But at least her life was interesting. A chuckle tumbles from her lips and her wavy hair stirs in the wind. She wondered if it was going to be fun talking to this Andromeda. Or if it was going to be a drag, which she honestly didn't have the time or patience for.

Scarter watches her nervous glance back to the shrines with amusement. "Nothing I do is ever a good idea to be honest." Flicking her tasseled tail, the shadow mare now glances to the shrines herself. "But I do them anyway, live dangerously, see what happens." She paused and watched the winged mare again. "Enjoy life." Her tone is careless just like her attitude. Scarter strolls over to a shrine to inspect in closer, but she notices her reflection and admires herself instead. As usual she was having a beauty day. Andromeda beings speaking again and the mare is forced to look away from herself, a rather difficult feat really. She moves closer to the mare and listens to the excitement in her voice. "Yes I've really seen a god. And yes, he spoke to me" Scarter replies with a genuine smile. It was a rather exciting concept after all, a god. She wondered why this mare was so excited by it though. Her next sentence explains just why she was so excited to learn this. Scarter tosses her mane over her left hand shoulder to reveal her scars, not on purpose however. This mare was all about beauty. "Well they are still around, and they are pretty sexy." She laughs as Scarter does causing a slight amount of liking to rise up in her. Nothing to say that Scarter actually liked her though. She speaks on and Scarter just listens.

She asked about the Time God and what he had given Scarter. The horned mare paused. "We just agreed that the previous company was boring." She thought back to the insanely boring horses before continuing. "A pain in my ass?" She offered jokingly. "Um in all seriousness, yes, I got a quest...and magic." She stopped there feeling weird about the fact that she now had the ability to do super natural things.

"Don't worry about it." Scarter flicks her ears around listening to the sound of anyone approaching. Nothing, they were still safe. "They haven't left us, I believe that they are with us most of the time." Whether it was for good or bad reasons that the gods were watching Scarter didn't know.
Or care.

Notes;
Words; 494
Tag; @[Andromeda]

Dragon's Throat Healer
Lauren
   I started ever so slightly at her rich laugh, wondering why in the world she would giggle so- what was funny about this? She must have a strange sense of humor; yet nevertheless, she was an interesting change from the polite horses I met frequently in the Throat. Perhaps it was good for me meeting others, instead of being wrapped up in my little bubble, floating in the ethereal skies far away from civilization. So I try not to frown in confusion, brow wrinkling; instead I chuckle with her, soft and quietly, a little bit shyly like a filly who does not know why her parents laugh at her frolicking in the grass."Well, I suppose you are right, although I've never met anyone with that approach before."

I shift my weight, hooves clacking unpleasantly on the old rock. Imagine, the gods had stood on this very ground! Speaking to young mortals like myself... how long had it taken for them to decide to leave us? Did they care? Did they miss our pathetic whims and sad-eyed woes?

Nothing I ever do is a good idea, she says, and I think quietly to myself we must be polar opposites then. I am cautious and logical and mild, even-tempered and think before I speak. She is everything I am not, it looks like; she does not care, she plunges into the fray, tears her teeth into the heart of the matter and does not blink. In a way, I admire the way she is unafraid. How wicked and brave this Scarter is, with the demonic sparkle in her eyes. I like her, immediately, and the smile widens on my face- I'm almost ditzy around her, nearly delirious, her carefree mood infectious to me dry and logical approach. "Why, I'm you're opposite it seems- I would never dream of approaching something or doing something without thinking it through. I suppose my job calls for a good thinking noggin, though. I can't risk the safety of my herd through a reckless action." It's true, of course. I couldn't place myself above my herd- to do so would be more than unfair. Unlike Aryel and Levi... I scowl ever so slightly. Both of them have abandoned me to my duties. Surely Kri would soon demote them- or cast them from the herd altogether. It was unbecoming to leave one alone, struggling to help form the herd into something cohesive alongside Kri and Sumati and the other importants.

She says something else, snapping me back to rigid attention. I offer her a slightly meek smile, feeling rather poorly for ignoring her, and hastily agree, while I'm not entirely certain what I'm agreeing with. "Oh, yes, of course."

Then Scarter ventures on to speak about how the gods were boring- as if! They were gods!- and how she thought they agreed they were boring, where I agreed about nothing of the sort (the nerve!). I shift my weight, rustling my wings, annoyance biting at me and her presumptuous nature. It does seem she does everything without bothering to use her intellectual insight. I wonder if it's worth fighting with her- but in any case, she's chattering on again. "Really? I didn't think they gave out quests anymore... maybe one day I'll find them."

I fall quiet, thinking silently.

"What is your quest? Perhaps I could help you?"

AndromedA
image credits

OOC: Shitty reply. Sorry >.<
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Unregistered

SCARTER

I don't care.
I love it.

They laugh together, it was strange to think that Scarter was getting along with another mare. When the laughing subsided, the glinting purple mare offered the winged Andromeda a true smile. While the darker raven still wasn't sure if she liked, she did appreciate the company now. Scarter smirked a devious smile, and nodded. "Aha." She responded the the younger mare's statement. "You will never meet anyone like me." A roll of the shoulders passing her statement off like it was no big deal. When in honesty it was a huge honour for the other mare. It was not everyday you stumbled upon a beauty like Scarter. As if driving home her point, she stretches out her body, and then strolls around the winged mare. As she walks her own hooves click upon the ground, the sound echoing rather unpleasantly in Scarter's sensitive ears. She inspects the other, with a disinterested expression, before coming back to where she stood before. Another light chuckle tumbles from her lips. Why was she smiling so much? Assuming that she looked like a grinning idiot, Scarter tuned to smiles down a little. Her expression was still soft, pretty and open, just not so idiotic now.

The other speaks about just how different they are, causing a sparkle to shine in her eye. "I jump into things because it's fun, especially if I can prove females to be equal to males." Thinking about the rest of her statement, Scarter sniffs a little indignant. "I wouldn't call them reckless actions!" Pausing she tires to think of a good name for what she actually does. "Passionate actions? No…" Falling into silence her purple orbs study the ground, then she chuckles and looks back up. "Who cares what they are called." The desire to start her trek is strong now, this meeting was…nice. It had proved that she really could be nice to females.

Truthfully, she enjoyed annoying those of the same sex. However Andromeda proved one thing about females that was definitely better than males. Most of the time they weren't after ever after something. She babbles on in response to some thing and Scarter makes a noise in her throat in agreement. In the silence that falls again she turns from the mare and looks in the direction of which she was to travel. It was now or never and Scarter lived to be in the moment. "I have to travel around Helovia. You may join me if you wish." Looking back over to the mare Scarter laughs. "Or you can stop your herd mates from killing me when I show up on your doorstep."

Notes;
Words; 440
Tag;

[/quote]