the Rift

[OPEN] Echoes in the Wind

Zima Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Zima

Zima wandered into the basin. She had been traveling here for a few days now. A light snow just barely covered the soft ground, and a crisp breeze chilled her coat. The sky was a bluish grey color, and the clouds covered the sun. Her black hooves crunched the snow on the ground, and she took confident steps. A small smile traced at her lips as she remembered meeting Huyana in what was called the Threshold. The mare had invited her to join this herd, and Zima was both ecstatic and nervous at the same time. She had left the herd of her birth, and had missed her family, but she knew that she had made the right decision. She had been in search of a new life; and new beginning, and now she had found it. Her heart hammered with excitement. She had longed for other unicorns like herself to talk to. It had gotten so lonely, wandering day after day all by herself with thoughts swirling around in her mind and no one to tell them to.

She was also very nervous though. She hadn't been in a herd for a long time. And she was new to Helovia. She didn't know these unicorn's customs; she didn't know how to act. How was she supposed to act? What was she supposed to do? What she did know though, was that she wanted to be somebody. She wanted to help the herd. She didn't want to just be dead weight, without doing any good.

She turned her delicate head, and scanned the frosted scenery with dark blue orbs. A few plants grew here and there, but mostly the soft ground was covered with permafrost. Her jet black forelock blew back in the light freezing cold wind. It was beautiful here. She was grateful to be able to call this her home.

"Hello?", she whispered almost to herself. Was anyone out there? But there was a deafening silence. The only thing she heard was the echo of her own voice sounding like tinkling belles, being whisked away in the screaming wind.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

tell me that you want to dance, want to feel your pulse on mine
just treat me like a stolen glance of yourself.

Back to routine, she thought to herself, her first night back having consisted of a broken rest and fond conversation with her oldest friend, Psyche, and the subsequent days had been spent recovering from her long journey, paired with extensive baths in the steaming springs to rinse and cleanse her body of the permeating odors of the outside species. She was now a shining example of what Illynx could pull off in terms of "looking good," her deep bay coat glistening in the muted sunlight that filtered through the overlaying clouds, black tresses supple and iridescent as they streamed behind her; the tail of which she was so proud trailing across the ground even as she raised it to avoid such things, mane extending past her chest. Light curls brushed through the strands, a single golden lock drawn from her upper neck to match the tendrils of smoke etched across her nearly black pelt. But most beautiful of all the attributes of the feisty woman was her golden horn, spiraling out from her elegantly crafted face to a dangerous and well kept tip.

Today, Illynx made simple patrols of the Basin in search of intruders, old faces, and new. She had been gone for long enough to have to relearn them all, every one of their elite band foreign to her now, not something she wished to admit out loud. Illynx was the type to have everything under control, and if not, she would attempt to put on the facade that she was. And thus, we find her with head held high, steps haughty and full of self importance, strolling about the edges of her home. Her golden eyes shone in the afternoon sunlight, her back slightly glazed in particles of snow and ice, proving her last bathing session was at least a day prior. It was one of the things she had forgotten far too easily being away from home - how bitterly, viciously cold it was here, so cold that even in fall the frost crept over you like a boulder should one remain still for too long. Every so often, a snap from her luxurious tail or the simple motions of her steps broke the gem-like water structures loose, leaving a cloud of sparkles behind her when they escaped.

"Hello?" her head turned at the simper on the wind, blackened ears pivoting atop her crown to focus in on the sound; the entrance. The stranger had just passed through the ice caverns that led up to the Basin itself, and she was sure that whoever had spoken was now wondering if the person who had told her that others lived here had been playing a sick, cruel joke. If she hadn't have been born in Helovia and known that this mountain had existed, she perhaps would have drawn that conclusion herself. It didn't seem the most pleasant place to live, but she had found that their secluded location had allowed the unicorns to thrive, blooming in the frigid air like ice flowers in the wee hours of the morning. Illynx increased her pace, a long gate canter carrying her slender frame over ruts and bumps, slick patches of ice, down a familiar and worn path to greet this newest arrival. A quick scent to the wind read unicorn, and no odors of the Basin upon her; not a threat, perhaps, but still a thing to be toyed with.

She spotted the bay mare ahead after not much searching, amused ever slightly by the similarities between the pair of them. Where Illynx was gold pointed, this mare was black, her horn a shining ebonite spear. As usual, the golden trimmed femme eyed down this trinket, admiring the perfection that was their species; what other women were so beautiful, so flawless, but the ladies of Cinnoru's blood? She drew to a halt some five foot before the other, sure to keep a respectable distance for the both of them, a snort followed by a trail of hot breath escaping her nostrils. Her head bobbed down, nose tucking towards her chest in an elegant nod of welcome, black forelock tossed leisurely from her face where it had been planted in her rush to the gates. "Welcome," she purred, voice syrupy and sweet in the frigid air, a thin trail of breath visible from her parted lips, "Might I inquire your name? I am Illynx, a corporal of this herd." She smiled, sweetly, a trick to lure the innocent little one into her snares. Oh, do wish to be my friend, dearest, she thought to herself, her face a mask of perfect kindness, innocuous interest in a new arrival. But it was much more than that, her golden eyes burning with a keen curiosity as to how this precious arrival could be used to further her own means, and those of the Basin. "I assume you have traveled here from the Threshold," as you reek of pegasi and equine, she thought to finish her statement, a soft sniff causing her nose to wrinkle in distaste as it was overwhelmed by the pungent and distasteful stench of the scourge.

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

Zima

The bay mare kept trudging through the snow, and trying to push against the frigid bitterly cold wind that chilled her to the bone. As she breathed out, her breath misted the air, looking like smoke. The flat clouds that lay across the sky above her covered the sun completely making the land look a shade of icy grey. She wondered where anyone was. Was there any other unicorns here after all? She didn't know how anyone could possibly live in these frigid icy weather conditions. Suddenly she heard the snow crunch slightly behind her. She whirled around with new energy. At first she didn't see anything, and thought that her eyes were playing tricks on her. But as a shadow drew closer, and closer to her she noticed it was a unicorn mare, just like her! The mare approached until she was a few feet away; keeping her distance. She was a seal brown color, and had a single streak of gold in her mane. Zima's eyes wandered to the mare's long golden horn. She had never seen one this color.
"Welcome." the mare said with a sweet voice. , "Might I inquire your name? I am Illynx, a corporal of this herd." I assume you have traveled here from the Threshold."

Zima bowed her head respectfully at the mare, sensing she was something important. A sweet smile traced at her lips. "Hello. Yes, I have traveled here from the threshold. I'm fairly new to this land of Helovia. I met the mare Huyana.", she said her voice cutting through the still air. "She invited me to live here with this herd." Zima paused trying to choose her words carefully. She didn't want to mess up. Not now. "May I ask...What is a corporal? Are there other ranks in this herd?" She hoped she didn't sound stupid or, inexperienced.

Sielu Posts: 47
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 5 years :: Orangemoon
Angel
S i e l u
It was high time that I began my trek around this frozen landscape; yes I would travel great distances when I grew up (or so I figured)—and what better time to begin those vast distances than now? Ample room had been given for a youngling to mature (a whole herdland, actually); momma confirmed that we shared plenty of space for stretching my set of growing limbs. Yet this never seemed to be enough for a mind anxious to see every nook, and crevice for herself. Children often thought themselves invincible, the world was their oyster for a short bout. Like an irritant creates a pearl inside a moist pink clam; so did the wonders of our home to this mind.

I tottered across the frozen landscape with a smile much too big for my face—it was a childish grin, gleeful, full of life and light. Innocence was still mine, playful slices of baby muscle etched its way across my shoulders, spine, and flanks. A patched sun offered little warmth today, a firm northern wind blew my mane about—dancing a plume of endless smoke that never extinguished, nor seemed to tire from making playful swirling patterns across my brow and neck. The beginnings of a horn had started to form in the center of my cranium; each day it grew a little longer. I often paused beside the frozen lake during the early morning hours, gazing into the blurry reflection that was myself with mixed feelings. My appearance didn’t trouble me yet, though it might if it was ever brought into question.

Two elders stood in the distance, talking, well… one was an elder, the other barely tallying two winters. (But both are my betters today.) I slow my gait and observe the pair of them, noticing that one was dipped in light colors that reminded me of a sparrow’s wing; this one’s horn was like momma’s hide, black as a night sky. The other was slightly darker, and laced with gold accents. Slowly, I dare to draw closer. Not speaking of course, merely watching, and curiously harboring a strong desire to meet others.

image credits
original coding by whit
modified coding by Ina

The other mare was much younger than Illynx had first thought her to be, now that she really took a good look at her face. She assumed that this was the bay mare's first set of life experiences, and the thought gave her chills; such innocence and naivety was a rare find in these parts, most of her encounters having been with individuals who had seen some trace of struggle and difficulty in their lives. But this - this was a fresh slate, a mind to mold into whatever shape best fit the Basin's needs. Illynx was pleased to discover that the mare was already absorbed in her essence, grudgingly deciding that she too had grown a mild curiousity in this new arrival in the simple discovery of sparkling, luminescent innocence in the pit of her deeply blue eyes. The subtle smile upon the charcoal hued maw of the corporal widened as the stranger bowed her head in a return salute, her face riddled with a complex meshing of emotions that read, "I wish to belong with you, here." At least, thought the deep bay mare to herself, she had enough sense to have come home with the right species, and that alone meant she was worthy of Illynx's time and efforts. After all, the fem had simply vanished from the Basin without a word to anyone, returning with as much stealth as she had slipped away with, and not a soul had challenged her; it seemed only fair to return the kindesses that her newly discovered "family" could provide - however disgusting the word sounded in her head when she used it to describe any of her herd members but Psyche.

Blackened ears twitched forward as the sweet young girl's voice struck out, her youth further revealed by her words; age had seemed to soften Illynx, however, as she felt no repulsion at her youthfulness, the golden sheen about every one of her syllables. The one who had brought her here, Huyana, was a mare that Illynx could remember from the Basin before she had left on her journey, and while she could place a face to her (just vaguely), she couldn't say that she had ever shared words with the other unicorn on any occassion. The line seperating Illynx from others grew darker at this thought, drew her eyes more fully into awareness of the bay, who still had not told her what she was called; overly eager, she had forgotten the main rule of courtesy in a rush to answer all the questions that had been dumped at her, Illynx decided, until the mare spoke again, causing her reasoning to adjust to sheer nervousness. "May I ask...What is a corporal? Are there other ranks in this herd?" Illynx smiled, laughter shimmering inside of her heart at the thought that she had managed to convince this poor dear that she was far more important than she really was, as far as the herd as a whole was concerned. But what drew Illynx's amusement was not the confusion; it was the simple fact that she emulated dominance to such a degree that other's simply forgot their manners around her, regardless of her decision to keep her herdly responsibilities to a minimum.

"Simply a soldier who has proven the virtue of her sword, love, third tier," she said, her golden eyes brightening at the mention of weaponry and trailing to the long, black appendage that spiraled from Huyana's apprentice's brow, "should you have a sword of any use. There are ranks to be had for those with other skills, however." She pondered the value of this woman's horn, whether it was capable of maiming, of taking a life. She could not find it in the sapphire eyes of the other unicorn, and wondered if perhaps it was hidden behind that ferocious loyalty that already burned behind the mare's eyes. The question could only be answered by the other herself. "Perhaps you are crafter? A healer? What does your soul yearn for? Every dream has its place." And its definition. Illynx believed that there was no greater achievement in life than being a successful blade, the line of defense between foe and friends, but she also knew that others had their place, no matter how weak they may be when pitted against another; even a warrior could die of their wounds with no healing, and a wound could have been prevented by a piece of armor, but still she found she had the deepest respect only for soldiers.

To her right, the sound of crackling ice drew her head around to find a purple filly standing in the distance, watching the two women converse. Illynx's golden eyes widen as she discovers that the foal, in place of mane and tail, was streaming tendrils of delightfully blue smoke, her face detailed with shimmering patterns. Isn't she a pretty little thing, Illynx thinks to herself, nose lowering nearer the ground and ears pricked forward in a sort of welcome to the little one. A nicker escaped her mouth, soft and harmonious, shortly followed by her sultry voice, "It would seem we have company," she humorously stated, turning her visage back to Huyana's catch, amusement writ across her features.

[ooc: Oh Angel! I was gonna ask if Illynx and Sielu could meet and there she is. :3]

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Unregistered

Zima

This new mare seemed so much older and experienced to Zima. She had a confident gleam in her eye. Zima listened to her intently, with her light colored ears pricked forward; hanging on to every word that she said. The frigid wind blew bitterly across the land, making her shiver slightly. The mare told her about what a corporal was, and she then explained other things that Zima could do. As she said that every dream has its place, Zima realize what she wanted to be. A healer. She firmly believed that healing was one of the most important things to do in a herd. Without healers, warriors couldn't mend. She didn't think that she could ever be a soldier. She didn't like hurting or fighting with others, no matter if they were in a different herd. She loved to help, and care for others.

"I would like to pursue being a healer. That is my dream, and what I have always wanted to do. Is there a way that I could do that?" She paused, finally realizing that she hadn't uttered her name yet. She must have seemed so rude, not introducing herself properly.
"Oh, and I am called Zima..." She paused hearing small hoof beats crunching in the snow. She turned around and was surprised to see a small filly, approaching. What was even more surprising though was her deep purple coat, and the fact that her mane and tail seemed to be made of blue smoke. She nickered softly, and extended her muzzle in a friendly greeting.
"Hello little one.", she said softly, kindness gleaming in her dark blue eyes. "It is nice to meet you."

Outcast
Angel
S i e l u
The golden one notices me first; I wait to see if her face changes from softness to scowl. I was standing by and by to see if she was going to run me off. Tell me what a naughty foal I had been, and to turn around, find my Momma. But she didn’t, and instead greeted my approach by the lowering her muzzle closer to my level had we been standing in front of each other. The younger one took notice as well, her gaze falling to me with that common surprise that had become an expectant to witness (considering I had seen it so much). Slowly my feet shift again, this time moving close enough I could smell their musk strongly. My tiny nostrils flare, fogging the air between us and necessarily remembering their fragrance like one might hold a name. Neither ladies seemed unkind to me.

“Hello little one,” the dark horned one is the first to address me, “It is nice to meet you.” I smile as only a child might smile, wide mouthed and bright eyed. Concern is chased away by eagerness to seal their offerings with good natured friendship. I stretch out with my mind, reaching with innumerable threads of light to touch their frontal lobes. My tiny fingers would find easy access normally, a motion that was natural to me—but might seem strange; perhaps even frightening to them. Slowly I let words trail through the bond, they are a whisper, soft as the wings of a moth, “Nice to meet you. I am…Sielu…..More earnestly I add a question; knowing that they would be able to feel my desire through our bond, "do you want to be friends?”
image credits
original coding by whit
modified coding by Ina

Illynx observed the subtly shivering mare with mild interest, having grown so used to the cold temperatures here at the Basin that it was unusual to see others suffering in it. Even after her long journey, she found she was still well tempered for the chilly weather here, and she wondered what sort of surprises lie in wait for the bay femme before her once Orangemoon came to pass into the winter months. The thought found a smile slowly inching across her face, one that could be believed to have drawn for her good nature in conversation with this mare, but those who had come to know her would observe differently; it was a well timed smirk, Illynx decided, watching the gears turn in the young fem's eyes as she pondered the open ended query of the gilded, smoky mare, and when she finally spoke, it was to a similar conclusion that the woman had drawn before ever asking the question of her.

"I would like to pursue being a healer. That is my dream, and what I have always wanted to do. Is there a way that I could do that?" Illynx found her naivety and youthfulness gathering irritation against her the longer she stood talking to this woman, but she knew also that she was bound by contracts and agreements with Psyche to remain kind and jubilant in the face of all adversary when it came to fellow Basin members; obviously, this mahogany woman was not destined to become one of the Plague any time soon, more likely to be placing daisies behind the wing joints of a pegasus than ripping the feathered appendage into pieces. But, as she had already stated within her own mind-scape, Illynx knew that it took all sorts to keep a country running and whole; at least she had finally remembered to tell Illynx her name. Still... she smiled with a sickening sweetness before replying. "But of course, Zima," her brows folded neatly between her golden eyes, thought circling through her head about just who to send this lady towards in order to help her attain her "dream" of congealed pastes and stitches, "D'artagnan is our Mender, a rank you should aspire for if you seek greatness in your field, and a most wise teacher in the arts. If he does not have time to instruct you, I'm sure he could point you to others." She sighed, her voice like the final note of a bell trailing out from her as she thought of the shame within her for not knowing any other names. She had been gone too long, just look at the soft bellied things they were dragging in from the Gateway.

When it came time for their focus to have adjusted to the violet filly observing them, Illynx found her full of youth and hope, a smile glowing across her face as could only be found in children. She herself wondered when she had lost the ability to smile so freely, and with such truth; perhaps she had never had it at all. Too many years ago were her origins in World's Edge and the subsequent death of her parents, which, now that she thought of it, may be proof in itself that there had never been such an innocent look upon her face. Still, the expression created a feeling of warmth towards the youth that Illynx could not help but abhor, the sensation of loathing easily ebbed, however, by the curiousness that happened thereafter.

A tingling interrupted her thoughts, drawing her own voice to a halt within her head, suddenly replaced by the thrumming of a thousand minuscule wings and what could best be described as the impression of a child's voice, sweet and innocent as a song; "Nice to meet you. I am.. Sielu." The oldest female's eyes grew wide and amazed as she observed the smoke haired beauty, no fear stammering in her chest, but a vast interest in her that now overwhelmed her disgust of the innocence within Sielu. "Would you like to be friends?" Within her, Illynx felt a pull of desire coming from the filly herself, a shy and trembling line of energy that, while she had not thought it possible, was clearly distinguisable as words or pictures describing the emotion that poured into Illynx's mind through the channels connecting them all. Friends? thought Illynx, a smile curving upon her lips, her head raising up from it's lowered position to let her eyes meet those of Zima before returning to Sielu's, how intriguing.. "We were already friends, Sielu," she says, her head tilting in playful amusement, hoping that the child would understand she meant no insult or correction, "in a way we are all family here. But it is lovely to meet you." While she hadn't wanted to come across as nagging, it was also a priority on Illynx's list to figure out exactly what end of the Basin gene pool the little one had fallen out of. She scented the air lightly, finding the girl's mother no where near; patience, she admonished herself, it was likely that the child's dam would arrive within moments or that Sielu herself would inform them both of who her parents were. For now, it was time to wriggle proverbial fingers into the weave. "That is rather unique magic you have been gifted," she said, a new idea popping into her head as she attempted it to finish the second half of her thought; perhaps Sielu could re-conduct replies through the mental connection. "Does it work in reverse?" Illynx asked mentally, trying to duplicate the pulling force she felt enter her head when Sielu made connection with her mind, but in reverse.

She wondered, as she let lose the thought she had attempted to send to Sielu, if Zima had ever seen or encountered something like this; it was common place for natural born Helovian's to run into such fantastic creations, but it may very well be the bay mare's first encounter with magic. And it wasn't that Illynx claimed to have ever encountered another with this particular gift - no, she was aware that all magic was individual, and long ago had come to terms with the inconceivable realities of life on this continent. Ah, what a wonderful place, where anything was possible - even, she thought humorously, the softening of an old crone's heart.

Unregistered

Zima

Zima watched the older mare intently. For a second, she thought she saw something other than kindness glimmer in her eyes, but a second after, there was the same sweet innocent smile as before. Perhaps her eyes were playing tricks on her.
She listened to every word, as the mare told her about D'artagnan, the mender, and the high ranks she should aspire for. She couldn't stop a small smile from tracing across her lips as she realized how proud her mother would be if she knew that Zima would be aspiring to be a healer.

Ever since she had been a foal she had wanted to heal and to help others in any way that she could. She had always understood another creatures' pain. She had always possessed a great amount of empathy for her vulnerable young age. Zima would never have even dreamed or thought possible of the opportunity that was sitting in front of her. She nodded her head vigorously, making bits of ice and snow fly out of her forelock. " Of course I will do that! Thank you for explaining all this to me!"

Suddenly she felt something enter her mind that she couldn't explain. It felt like a beam of sunlight and warmth were entering her brain at the same time. Nice to meet you. I am Sielu...Do you want to be friends? Zima stiffened, and stared at the deep purple filly in amazement. She wasn't sure of how or why this was even possible. But what she could feel was the little filly's burning desire to be friends through this connection. "Of course, we can be friends!", she said softly her voice sounding like the tinkling of bells. "My name is Zima, and I'm new to the basin." She had to refrain herself from asking the small girl how she was able to do this.

Outcast
Angel
S i e l u
She looks away from me, the golden horned one shares a glance with the other lady before finally speaking up. This mind is too young to understand what their brief exchanges meant, so I merely watched how each of their faces changed with eyes that are set to find anything that would signal fear. I'm not surprised when the pair of them stiffen in amazement, nor even when their pools widen like a doe caught by a startling sound.

Swiftly I rake each feature of their mugs for any sign of anger, relief blooms when I find none of the like. The elder one says with some kind of humorous affection that I gathered was good natured enough to not be threatening, “We were already friends…in a way we are all family here.” Strange, I hadn’t felt like they were my family; and Momma never treated them as such (at least not in the same way she treated me.) Despite pondering on a few things, my lips manage to push out a smile that is both sweet in appearance and without flaw of authentic detail. It wasn’t like a youth to question her betters—so quite readily I believe what she says and the other (Zima) say.

“That is a rather unique magic you have been gifted.”

A complement. Flushing a little, I couldn’t quite tell why and didn’t stop to think about how my cheeks felt hotter than normal, “Thank you…you both are…nice,” pumped by the idea that my world was expanding and with it more playmates I switched gears and exclaimed, “Do you want to play?” Signaling this desire by outward appearances my feet had already proceeded to bounce and trounce, I kicked up my forefeet while balancing on the rear. They rose with tiny daggers flailing, dirt scattered.
image credits
original coding by whit
modified coding by Ina

The gilded lady stood with most of her attention focused on the rather unique filly, though an ear held on the location of Zima gave way to words that showed neither of the adults were too hard pressed to pleasure the child's desire for attention and company. The little one's pale tinted eyes scanned each of their faces in turn, a slight blush upon her cheeks, Illynx realizing only now how unusual it had been for the pair of mares to accept such oddities so easily; it had probably been one of the first time in violet Sielu's life that she hadn't been mauled upon revelation of her talents and complemented instead, and it was written all across the lively youth's face how pleased she was by this.

The brightly tuned voice filled her head again, still surprising to the corporal but none the less invigorating as it had been the first time; but the child had called her, "nice." A smile bloomed across her face, seeming to all those around her to be a grin of genuine thanks for the compliment paid to her by Sielu, but within herself Illynx felt gears click and chime in revelry for having successfully fooled at least one of her new companions into believing she had nothing but kind intentions for them. In all actuality, Illynx used her "friends" as meat shields (but for Psyche, of course), bodies between herself and her enemies, all too aware of the eager hearts that beat within many chests, souls who yearned to make others approve of them. She did not need their approval. She only needed their loyalty.

Suddenly her brain was filled with joyfully resplendent light and sparkles, a surging of emotions that made the shimmering mare feel rather youthful and carefree. Her eyebrows knit together in humorous curiosity, finding that the more and more she was exposed to the unique voice of Sielu, the more intriguing she found her. How useful could such a skill be, to press your emotions upon others so thickly that they felt it within themselves, stirred them into reactions? She wondered if the foal was aware of the advantages she would have over the rest of the world when she was grown, and deciding that such a boisterous and light hearted youth certainly did not. "Do you want to play?" she queried, and soon Illynx understood why she had suddenly felt so vibrant inwardly, a smile sneaking its way on her face despite herself as the smoke-maned filly seemed to become a ball of rubber, bouncing and leaping with the carefree nature that only childhood gave them all.

Illynx was torn on whether or not to actually play with Sielu, unsure if she even remembered how after all her years, she herself more stalwart and brooding than playing would seem to require. She looked over to Zima, golden orbs questioning as to whether or not the other would attempt the game, deciding that, from what she had gleaned already, the chances of that were high. They returned to the frolicking filly, watching the well formed lines of her body compress and extend as she lifted her front half into the sky, and Illynx remembered herself all those many years ago, before her parents had died, before life had made her heart hard and bitter by forcing her to grow up alone. Reluctantly, she decided "play," her head a spiraling mess of conflicting thoughts about how foolish she would seem, but also how much kinder the world might be if a few more adults bothered to care about the youth around them; not to mention the bonus points it would win her in the body shield department. Deciding upon a race (the only game she could lower her dignity enough to play), her horn dipped low as her crown tauntingly lowered itself and a snort tore free from her nares, head tilting back and forth to send sprays of her black mane in wild directions. "Race you to the other side of the lake!" she shouted, gilded legs coming to life beneath her as she sprung into the air before cantering a few steps along the waterside, lengthy black tresses spread out in the breeze behind her, her gaze trailing back to see if the others would agree to her challenge before breaking into a slow gallop; she bit back on her speed a bit, in order to give little Sielu the best chance to actually have fun rather than be left behind.