the Rift

[OPEN] Aftermath [Mirage or Thor | Joining]

Tharos Posts: 37
Banned atk: 5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hands :: 9 years old HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

You're only North Star I would follow this far...

Actions | "Speech" | Thoughts

Relief stretched over his mind as he realized she was not going to blame him for anything his father had or had not done. He could not choose who he shared blood with, although there were times he wished he could. He listened quietly to her response, and his mind fell short on her final query. Truth be told, he had not thought up a thorough plan quite yet and had thus far been winging it. He knew he would need to ally himself with a herd, though, in order to take Tio down. That was why he was here.

"To be honest, ma'am, I hadn't really thought about it." He said, his miss-matched ears pinning back sheepishly as he admitted how incomplete his plan really was. "I lived a life of solitude, ma'am. I may look strong, but I wasn' trained fer battle. I don' have them skills necessary fer takin 'im out myself. That's why I came here. I want ter learn how ter fight, and knowin' Tio, he ain't gonna jus' sit around waitin' fer us her to off 'im."

"He had himself a solid plan before he up an' left. I hear he went and made the threat openly ter the Throat leads. You can call it sloppy and foolish if'n ya like, but it's his genius at work. I bet you he was hopin' she'd take the threat seriously an wear her resources thin waiting for a war that would only break out when he was ready for it. See, he could dance around their borders, makin' sure they never forgot his threat was very real, and meanwhile, he'd be shorin' up his fortifications an' they'd be buildin' tension and stress which are the two greatest demoralizers ter any army."

"By the time he actually attacked, I can guarantee that he was planning on them being so stressed out an' tense that they wouldn' have any strength left ter fight. It was flawless, an from what I saw, it was workin'. I don' know why he didn't attack when he had the chance, but you can be sure it ain't nothin' good. Somethin's comin' ma'am. Somethin' big. Tha's the only reason I can imagine he'd suddenly vanish. The silence is what you should be afraid of. I bet he's out there somewhere, holed up in a hide out, plottin' his next move, either that, or he's on a quest for some unbeatable magic. When he comes back, he'll be all that more difficult to defeat."

"Truth is, I haven't seen my father in the flesh for nigh on 8 years now. I don't know everything about what happened, but I know most of it because before I came here, I came into contact with his second lead mare. Her name was Lust, and her story... it was a gruesome one. See, Tio went a little nuts after he lost the herd that had me in it. He was a nomad, wandering around with only 4 mares at a time, entertaining them, for as long as they entertained him. He was afraid of being followed and afraid of getting too large again, so he cut out those who were no longer useful... mostly by killing them, regardless of whether they were pregnant with his foals or not."

"Lust was lucky... she seems to think she actually succeeded in getting that barbaric brute to love her. I don't see how she can think that, but that's besides the point. According to her, she got tired of his ruthless ways, and tried to get rid of him by making a secret deal with the water emperor. He was ambushed and imprisoned for half a year and when he escaped, he was so angry at Lust that he beat her, and forced himself on her. Soon after Lust found she was to have a foal because of that, she met me by chance, and I acted as her protector until she gave birth. After that, she helped me find my mother."

Tharos finished speaking with a thoughtful look that he directed down to his own hooves. "Gabrielle was a sweet mare, and a wonderful dam. The image of her corpse is burned into my mind. I don't really care how it happens, but Tio has to answer for that, if nothing else. I won't find peace with her death until I know he's been punished. I know it won't bring her back, and I know that her death may have been unavoidable, but at the very least, he should have been there. I feel an unimaginable amount of rage... simply because she died alone, and she shouldn't have. She didn't deserve that."

Mirage, played by Whit
Open?
His accent is melting in and out. Like his father, he can control it pretty well, but he still employs it normally unless he's being serious. I guess you can tell how serious he is when he drops the accent.

Messages In This Thread
Aftermath [Mirage or Thor | Joining] - by Tharos - 05-27-2013, 12:05 AM
RE: Aftermath [Mirage or Thor | Joining] - by Tharos - 05-28-2013, 03:57 AM