the Rift

As You Wish

Zike Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I loved you then, and I love you now

Zike breathed in the musky scent of the forest air; dirt, moss, and water, flooded his nose adding to shear fear and loniliness he felt there. Shadows danced and swept across the forest floor then shot up tree before disappearing into the shallow slivers of light that managed to peak through the thick canopy of tree limbs and leaves over head. The young brute's multicolored eyes shifted uneasily from bush to bush, fearing any moment a creature might pop out and get him. Your foolish for ever even coming here he told himself as his dark silhouette slid through the foliage and debris of the landscape. The cool air sent chills down his spine every time a breeze hit the colt's bodice. His small striped hooves left little hoof imprints in the dark, moist soil.

The colt himself wasn't very big, in fact he was tiny for a two year old, only a little over 14 hands. While most colts had developed their muscling and size by now, Zike still had the body of yearling. His chest sunk in and there was no highlights of shading from muscle. Several of the paint's ribs showed and his hip jutted out from underneath his silky baby pelt. His head still showed the convex and curves of a foal and his ears were even more innocent with baby fuzz poking out of them. His eyes. Perhaps his most striking feature. The right side was a dark jade green with the whites carefully hidden, while the left was a bright enchanting blue, with shimmers of light sparkling throughout it and a thick black line encompassing it. His pelt was a very saturated grulla with many overo patches speckled across his delicate frame and pinkening around his muzzle and underbelly from over exposure of sun.

The grulla colt walked down a small narrow path that seemed to be cut out from the foliage and over growth of the forest floor. Perhaps another equine had traveled in earlier clearing it out. Zike's nostrils widened trying to find an earlier scent but his young nose did not have the skills to pick it up, if there even was one. A small whine, more of yelp, escaped his lips in sheer desperation. It felt like he had been walking for ages, and the terrain all looked the same more and more trees. How he wished for his mother side to be close for him right now. But it wasn't and never would be again, ever. A tear rolled down the colts cheek and down his jaw as an image of his mother mutilate dead corpse came to mind. Her fragile chestnut body not even recognizable. She had told him to run maybe if he hadn't... No. He could not blame himself, he couldn't. "Wolves," he grumbled allowed trying to maintain his composure. Then again there was no one here why should he? His father had ran him and his mother off for no reason and his mother had been killed. What foal could handle that? He let it out. He cried. He cried for the first time since the happening of any of this. He couldn't handle it any longer.

Tears clogged his vision turning the forest into a blur of different greens. He cried for his mom, he cried for hatred of his father, but most of all he cried for himself. Once the tears seized he realized how thirsty he really was. He couldn't remember the last time he had stopped for a drink. This morning? No. Yesterday? Maybe. The colt ears flicked forward as the scent of pure water slipped by his nose. His long gangly legs moved towards the wonderful scent keeping a steady moving trot. A small smile crossed the colt's lips seeing the creek up ahead as well as some sunlight. Zike stepped into the creek his front feet covered and his hind end up on the bank. Cool, crisp water slipped down his throat hitting his belly and quenching his thirst. Zike's reflection stared at him from the water it's eerie eyes following his. Suddenly the colts head shot up from the water like a scared deer.

[Image: FJVE5Mz.png]
[Image: ikl6gvs.png]

Accalia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
The white fae took to the forest again, in seek of new horses to recruit to the Assassins. Lately, there have been a lot of thoughts circling in her mind, threatening to make her go insane with all the stress. Now promoted a Warrior rank, and Chemical was now going to be Accalia's boss. Also, their other leader was captured by the World's Edge, and the girl awaited the day to take back Ignita, it was all she could possibly think about now. Light of the morning sun began to filter through the trees, and the fae began to see everything better. There was the normal smell of wood bark, and trees, but the girl noticed something different now. Imprinted to the ground were smaller hoof steps, leading deeper into the forest.

Thrilled that there might be another horse, Accalia perked up her ears, flipping her golden brown mane out of her eyes, and pushed herself to a swift trot. Dodging the trees in her way, she started slowing down when she heard shuffling and rustling sounds. There was no need to follow the path the footsteps made when she already scented the other horse nearby. Sniffling was heard, and through the trees, it revealed the figure of a colt. Thinking of what approach the girl would take, Accalia almost stepped out in the clearing when she saw that the lad disappeared, grumbling one word. "Wolves".

The word didn't scare her as much as 'Tiger', or 'Panther', but she knew the fierce canine's habits of hunting down larger prey with a pack. Lifting up her head, she tried scenting the air for the smelly dogs, but looking around, she saw nothing. Quietly following him as he left, the boy settled down at a creek. He was small, and tiny, only seeming a year younger than her. His grulla body blended in quite well with the dark trees, and approaching closer, she realized he had multicolored orbs. "Hello there! I'm Accalia of the Assassins. Are you seeking a home?" The words were spoken out of her velvety lips as if she recited them every night. Planting a kind smile on her face, she saw him whip around. He was quite the nervous one, and out of curiosity she questioned again. "What must your name be?" The fae asked.

WC: 387

*I know we're not allowed to have an Ooc, but your Ooc player name is the same as another player on Helovia (Sky). ^^ I'm just putting that out there, because I got in trouble for having the same ooc name as someone else. :3 Also, I would fill out your profile personality, history, and appearance. ^^ I just don't want any one to get in trouble, and you have great writing talent. :)

Unregistered

The small brute spun around upon hearing the fae's velvety voice erupt behind him. There stood a white mare looking at him. Zike backed up some what startled by the approach, his hooves sinking deeper into the water. This filly spoke of something called the Assassins. The mare seemed to know what she was talking about since she spoke out quickly not giving Zike a chance to run off. Assassins? he had never heard of it before, was it a herd? It didn't sound like the name of any herd he had heard of. The colts thin fluffy forelock blowed in the breeze flattened his poll.

Zike studied the creature for a moment his unique eyes following the line and curvatures of her bodice. She was fairly tall, well very tall, but then again every one seemed tall to Zike but this mare really was. Her pelt was a ghostly white that clung to her elegant frame quite nicely, she was beautiful. The girl seemed to be maybe a year older than he. Her scent was sweet and the colt could also scent other horses on the mare, that perked his interest. "Umm well," Zike was shocked at the sound of his own voice it still had the same innocence of a child but had deepened and became bolder. He turned his head quizzically, "This is a bit sudden," he stalled for a moment shifting his weight. The sun was starting to make its way through the trees. A stream of light hit his back filling him with warmth. "Perhaps you could explain to me what it is," the colt mused, with intrigue.

Zike thought about the opportunities that a herd would have to offer him. Up until now he hadn't had any idea where he was going or what he was doing, really it was just mostly aimless wandering. A herd could offer so much; protection, food, socialization. But, then again what if this Assassins thing, was bad news. It even sounded bad, Assassins. That did not sound like a good way to start his adventure in this new land by getting caught up with the wrong herd. However, he would give the mare a chance to explain herself.

Unregistered
The beautiful fae didn't know if she startled the colt with her quick words. Politeness, and kindness were two attributes biggest to her, though at times she trampled all over her golden rules. Flipping stray hairs that fell in the way of her eyes, she gave another kind smile. The colt was quite handsome in fact, with interesting heterochromia, a blue and a green eye, accompanied by a grulla tabiano coat. Such a shame I'm slightly taller she flirtatiously thought. In fact, he didn't seem too much shorter that her, nor too much younger. The fae was merely a mare, but a wise filly. Quite the stud, another thought entered her mind, but she pushed it down.

A chuckle was emitted from her when the confused boy spoke. Of course, it was a bad habit of her to blurb everything out. "My apologies. I have a really bad habit of blabbering", the fae spoke, through velvety lips, and the girl felt heat rising to her cheeks. How stupid of her. "The Assassins", she began then paused, with a half hearted smile plastered on her maw. "Ready for a word blurb?" She questioned, but not waiting his reply. "We are a group of horses without a herd land, yet we are a tight, caring family. We carry out deeds that others request from us, and we are currently looking to establish a permanent territory", Accalia began. "Although, if you do not wish to kill, you don't have to, like me", she cheerfully said.

A ray of light hit her back, and illuminated her white coat making it shine like the sun with a healthy glint to it. The brown-gold mane of hers was now illuminated, and vibrant with color, with each hair seeming like a strand of gold. The girl stood back with a happy look in her eyes awaiting his reply.

Lev Fence Posts: 26
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 41 months
Adoptable

Somehow Fence had never heard straight from any horse's mouth what the Assassins thought they stood for. It had escaped him, just as easily as his own name. And so, when he at last stumbled upon one of their ranks and heard from their very lips spring forth their list of golden ideals, he was shocked.

It was exactly the same as The Grey's.

And suddenly he felt the same sort of competitive burn that his herdmates spoke of, the same sort of offended hurt that accompanied one just jilted. He had seen the colt from his place in the shadows, watched with his own blue eyes as tears fell from the colt's striking emerald ones. When Accalia had approached, he had felt at first no more than the usual frustration upon seeing her crop up all over the Threshold. She gave the same speech every time, seemingly seeking out others for no more than to lift the numbers of the outcast group.

From his place, Fence let out a whinny of greeting before revealing himself. The shadows fell away from his pristine, porcelain body, revealing the contrasting lines of scars that riddled his back. He looked out with warmth in his blue, warrior eyes. He had seen much, but forgotten, too. His braided tail flicked from side to side, and his ears perked forward. He would waste no time in correcting the outcast mare, the newcomer deserved truth.

"If it is the life of a mercenary you wish to live, colt, then The Grey's herdland in the Windtossed Foothills would suit you well. We stand together, a proud family that has earned its place and a lush herdland to call home," Fence spoke cooly, watching the handsome colt for a reaction. He had seen him in his despair, but wasn't about to embarrass him with that knowledge now. "The same morals that the Assassins have modeled themselves after come from The Grey; we can offer you a stable home, a steady source of food, and the most loyal family you will ever know, ever at your side."

He did not look at Accalia, and swallowed his anger. Instead he conveyed only kindness for the newcomer. He employed the same tact and persuasion he had once carried himself with easily in his old home. Here, it seemed, they might serve as an edge over his competition.

Lev Fence
I'm not their hero but that doesn't mean that I wasn't brave
</style>
Credit

Unregistered

The colt nodded as the mare spoke showing his was indeed listening. They sound like a family the brute thought, A killing family of hired hit-men, but a family. Then the girl pointed out that you don't have to kill, which lead his mind to wonder what the filly did if not kill. Perhaps she's a spy, or recruiter, either way she seemed plenty nice, perhaps the rest of her herd was. A cool breeze hit Zike's bodice sending a chill down his fragile grulla tabiano bodice. His multi-colored orbs followed the mare's even though the blue one appeared as though it doesn't move. "That sounds won...," his words where caught off.

The handsome colt looked to see an brute a bit older than he emerge from the woods. He erupted from the shadows into the light revealing his scarred white pelt. Two white horses and a grulla paint, how interesting. The stallion must have been there for a while since he joined right in on the conversation. He could tell by the stallions tone that he was ticked at the mare for some reason though he was trying to conceal it. The newly arrived stallion spoke of yet another herd and/or group. It seemed to have many of the same motives that the 'Assassins' had. However they had a herdland a big advantage. However the Assassins would need help with taking over a herdland. Zike stopped himself. Was this really what he wanted? To be a traveling mercenary destroying other equines lives. Zike had never had any dark or evil intentions, however now he was faced with the question of his future and it seemed like both path lead to that.

"Well thank you for you generous offer," Zike said his head turned into face the stallion, "However I must say I'm joining the Assassins," Zike took a step towards the mare then turned his head back towards the stallion then back to the mare. "Mind showing me to your herd?" the boy asked the mare without further recognition to the stallion. He just felt like the Assassins would have more to offer him, The Greys had already established a herdland and sounded as though they were pretty professional and had no need for a newbie.

Unregistered
"So it's a deal then?" The fae whispered, so quiet it was only in the range for the colt to hear, as she happily smiled to herself. Finally! She had recruited a horse to the Assassins, and not a bad one at that. He was smaller, yet he looked sturdy, and strong able to withstand a lot of pressure, stress, and climate changes. Lev Fence was standing there, and Accalia started thinking about the brute. It was often that she met him in the Threshold, as if every time she met a horse, he magically knew she was there trying to get the horse to join the Assassins. Even though he got on her nerves, and he was 'taking' others away from her to The Grey, the fae had a kind of like/hate feeling for him, even though it should strictly be hate, but Lev was more like competition than a feared enemy.

When he barged into their conversation, Accalia was almost certain the colt would choose the Grey over the Assassins, due to their herd land, but with shock, the boy spoke for the Assassins. A warm, fluttery feeling arose in her stomach. How overjoyed Tonka and the others would be! "Well, smart choice", the girl said with a smug smile towards Lev. Flashing a real grin to the white brute, as she walked out, motioning for the colt to follow with a flick of her tail. "So, we don't have an official herd, but I'll show you where we usually meet", Accalia said grinning, trotting at a fast pace, her body swaying in rhythm to each hoof beat.