the Rift

[OPEN] darkness ever growing { Irrydae/Anyone }

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

The cool part about being a tiny-tot was that big, deep grown-up things flew right over your head, and there was no consequence for it. All this junk about grudges and promises and judgmental stares—to hell with it all, I was still young, and dammit if I never really got the knack for caring about it anyway.

All I wanted was to find my Ma and eat. I was steadily weaning myself, it was true--slowly forcing myself to appreciate the sweetness of clover in my down time—but it would be some time before I severed myself totally from my milk-tooth, and right now my hunger wasn’t particularly satisfied with grass and clover flowers and whatever. So I left Jiji to her own devices and set out questing for the pale form of my Ma, toddling here, trotting there, finally bolting up and down hills and weaving through valleys screaming like a chicken with its head cut off. “MA!” I yelled in an obnoxious sing-song, “MA-AAAH-AAA~!!” Maybe it was slightly inappropriate, but that argument would only be valid for someone who actually cared….and I was not that unlucky bastard.

So I finally caught sight of my Ma, in the midst of all these strangers. Okay, not all of them were strange; there was Miss Dayday, the stary-pelted woman who told stories in a dreamy voice and looked at dudes a lot (childhood perception is a *bitch*, ain’t it?). But then there was this dark stallion that looked worse for wear, and there was a dead crow, and all in all the entire scene would’ve been super scary but I was over that filly-fear crap. I could hack it. Besides, I was done waiting for Ma, even if Grown-Folks were still talking. Dammit, she had already talked with the entire herd; grown-folks should just hurry up and talk faster. With an obstinate snort, I continued to make my way to Ma, determined to get my daily sips, and it was then my eyes slid to the other stranger present and I—

—and—

—and he—

—um—

—I, uh—

…..let me try again.

I’d never really thought about havin’ a Pa before. I was still too young to really “understand” that it was required for two horses with opposite sexy-parts to have a child. I was free from that hee-hee-horny nonsense, and it would be sometime before I really freely considered the identity of my male parent. I didn’t need one, and even if one decided to pop out of the woodwork, what would they mean to me? I knew Ma and Auntie and Big Toto and Bro and Jiji and all the rest of the Grey horses—I knew enough people to look up to that, if I decided to build a tower with them….well…it would be really really high, ‘kay? (Yeah I know that was bad shut up). Even now, this stranger with the black pelt and the swirly white patterns on his coat, with his blue eyes and that knarly beard he was sportin’, he meant nothing. Just some stranger coming to do some Grown-Folk talkin’ with mama.

Some stranger who made my chest jump and buzz with a spark.

I didn’t think about it. It meant nothing. I gave him one last token glance of irritation for makin’ Ma talk all these Grown-Up things—but he still didn’t matter. Whatever. So I turned away from him, walked straight up to Ma, nudged her tit a little to get the milk flowing, and proceeded to drink some of the sweet stuff.

Messages In This Thread
darkness ever growing { Irrydae/Anyone } - by Murder - 05-28-2013, 04:30 PM
RE: darkness ever growing { Irrydae/Anyone } - by Murder - 06-10-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: darkness ever growing { Irrydae/Anyone } - by Roskuld - 06-12-2013, 05:05 PM
RE: darkness ever growing { Irrydae/Anyone } - by Murder - 06-21-2013, 02:01 PM